Rumor - Le Cellier going Signature

Ausdaddy

Original Poster
There is a post on the disboards from a longtime member who's daughter works at the Canadian Pavilion. It states Le Cellier will be getting a menu revamp and converted to signature status on the dining plan. They also mentioned that the restaurant could potentially have the number of tables reduced and it will occur as early as September of this year.

Take it for what it's worth, but it sounds pretty convincing. Poster states that this has been announced to the Canadian Pavilion staff.

Edit: More info. More pricey Canadian beef coming to the restaurant as part of this.

dxwwf3

I would find it shocking that they would want to mess around with this restaurant. Of all things to change when it comes to food at WDW, one would think that this is the LAST place they would want to alter in a major way. It's already small enough of a restaurant and is one of the hardest ADR's to get on property. This would not make any sense at all, so I guess when I put it that way, this is probably true :)

BTW, I don't care what they do with the Dinner menu, just don't mess with the burger and cheddar cheese soup on the lunch menu and I'm great.

Little Green Men

I would find it shocking that they would want to mess around with this restaurant. Of all things to change when it comes to food at WDW, one would think that this is the LAST place they would want to alter in a major way. It's already small enough of a restaurant and is one of the hardest ADR's to get on property. This would not make any sense at all, so I guess when I put it that way, this is probably true :)

BTW, I don't care what they do with the Dinner menu, just don't mess with the burger and cheddar cheese soup on the lunch menu and I'm great.
Yeah, and don't mess with the s'mores either.

Ausdaddy

Original Poster

I have admit that I'm surprised by this move, but it's extremely popular. It would make sense to try to increase it's revenue with higher prices.

dxwwf3

They can raise prices without taking away seats and radically changing the menu.

Maybe they could keep the lunch menu similar, possibly merging in some current dinner favorites and then try for a more upscale dinner menu.

Dwarful

All I have to say is "wow". Although I suppose its a way to get people to use more dining credits at one time if they are on the dining plan.

Shere_Khan

Don't you need a credit card on file in order to book ADR's at signature restaurants?

Maybe because of the amount of people who book Le Cellier and then when they can't go they don't cancel so someone else can get in.
If you have to have a credit card on file, that will prevent the problems of impossible ADR's?

I hope it doesn't happen, I had wanted to experience this at least once in my life, and as a signature I most likely will not be able to anytime soon. But as I have learned from not making my ADR's at 180 days (since I did not know I was booking at that time) Le Cellier is FULL and I am sure I won't be able to catch a cancellation.

Phonedave

I like it, except for the reduce the number of seats, but I can understand that point too.

Here is how I see it.

Le Cellier is a good restaurant - not a great one, but a good one. At it's current menu and pricing it is a good deal, For 1 Dining credit it is an excellent deal. There is better steak to be found on property and off, but for 1 credit it is well worth it. Thats why it is packed - its a 1 credit decent steakhouse.

It is not, in its current configuration, a 2 credit restaurant. By bumping the menu up a bit, they can make it Signature. That will help to keep crowds down. Loosing tables in an already hard to get into venue hurts, but if you are going to make a place that is truly signature level and worth two credits or signature prices, you need have it a little more open so that people walking by don't bump into you food.

-dave

Computer Magic

I like it, except for the reduce the number of seats, but I can understand that point too.

Here is how I see it.

Le Cellier is a good restaurant - not a great one, but a good one. At it's current menu and pricing it is a good deal, For 1 Dining credit it is an excellent deal. There is better steak to be found on property and off, but for 1 credit it is well worth it. Thats why it is packed - its a 1 credit decent steakhouse.

It is not, in its current configuration, a 2 credit restaurant. By bumping the menu up a bit, they can make it Signature. That will help to keep crowds down. Loosing tables in an already hard to get into venue hurts, but if you are going to make a place that is truly signature level and worth two credits or signature prices, you need have it a little more open so that people walking by don't bump into you food.

-dave
I agree. It will be hard to convince customers that the prices increased but the food is better. There is already a better steakhouse that is a 2 dinning plan credit a short distance away. This seems more along the lines for Brown Derby which is not worth two.

Biff215

Don't you need a credit card on file in order to book ADR's at signature restaurants?

Maybe because of the amount of people who book Le Cellier and then when they can't go they don't cancel so someone else can get in.
If you have to have a credit card on file, that will prevent the problems of impossible ADR's?

I hope it doesn't happen, I had wanted to experience this at least once in my life, and as a signature I most likely will not be able to anytime soon. But as I have learned from not making my ADR's at 180 days (since I did not know I was booking at that time) Le Cellier is FULL and I am sure I won't be able to catch a cancellation.

You don't need a credit card for most of them, just character meals like CRT and packages like Fantasmic. I don't think they have an issue with people not showing up as they already seem to overbook the place and walk-ups are constantly being turned away.

While I question this possible move it does make sense for Disney to capitalize on a very popular restaurant. I've always been shocked that none of the WS restaurants were "signature" restaurants. Maybe this will allow some of us to get a reservation inside 180 days.

Shere_Khan

You don't need a credit card for most of them, just character meals like CRT and packages like Fantasmic. I don't think they have an issue with people not showing up as they already seem to overbook the place and walk-ups are constantly being turned away.

Oh earlier I booked California Grill and my travel agent said a credit card needed to be used to book, and if I want to cancel, I need to do so 60 hours (or something like that) prior and no charges will be made.
This is my first time with a signature restaurant so I did not know the rules for the rest of them.

olmec26

Just booked Le Cellier, tonight, for July 3. That's what - 49 days out, if my math is right? Not bad, I say!

And it only took me 15 trips to do it!

Shere_Khan

Just booked Le Cellier, tonight, for July 3. That's what - 49 days out, if my math is right? Not bad, I say!

And it only took me 15 trips to do it!

Wow that is awesome!
It was sold out the entire week we are there. I did not check lunch however. I want to do all dinners for my ADR's.

olmec26

Got it for 8:55 pm. :D

Thank God someone cancelled. This just goes to show you though, it's always worth a shot to see if you get lucky!

JWG

If prices go up, the menu would have to improve significantly. While I could see bordering on signature, it already costs $50+ to eat there if you include anything more than just a main course (drinks, apps, etc.).

I can't justify spending more on a mediocre or better steak that I could get for 1/3rd of the price (assuming price increases) down the streat.

Phonedave

I agree. It will be hard to convince customers that the prices increased but the food is better. There is already a better steakhouse that is a 2 dinning plan credit a short distance away. This seems more along the lines for Brown Derby which is not worth two.

Brown Derby is another sticking point for me.

It is priced cash-wise as a 2 credit place, and it takes 2 credits, but lately has only been at a 1.5 credit level.

I still like the place, but it's just not worth the prices anymore.

They either have to bring it back up to the level it was, or knock down the menu prices. It really should go back up, because the decor, linens, seating, etc are all at a 2 credit level.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom