Rumor: Details on Disney's Hollywood Adventure

cheezbat

I have no reason to suggest that an Indy attraction would be built, but they did just build a brand new ride based on Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs. And they are also building a bar based on the Indiana Jones IP. So, I don't buy the "it's an old franchise" reationale as to a reason why Dr. Jones won't be getting a new ride at WDW.

We may not see an Indy presence in this redo, but I don't think it's impossible down the road. Honestly, by the time this park redo is done, the fifth Indiana Jones movie will most likely be out or coming soon. It's in the plans, be it Harrison Ford one last time donning the fedora or somebody new, getting an Indy attraction in the park would make for great synergy. While I'd love a Indy ride clone, I wouldn't have a problem with something new either.

orlando678-

I hope there will still be presence of Disney Animation in a way similar to for example Toontown and/or a toon studio with a gmr like attraction with disney classic movies, philharmagic with randomized system etc.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
  1. B&TB having no people-eating ride/attraction (2,500-3,000/hr)
  2. Peter Pan not getting even a slight increase in hourly capacity through new RVs (even 100-200/hr increase would have been helpful)
  3. The tents not holding a people-eater (huge waste of space that most people ignore - a people-eating circus show starring Mickey and Friends would have been perfect for this - 3,000 to 5,000/hr)
  4. Princess Fairytale Hall reducing hourly capacity from SWSA's old number (500-700/hr vs. 900-1,100/hr)
Bravo!

WDWLover#1

Wasn't there also an issue of Eisner getting under George's skin?
I think there was also the issue of Lucas visiting the park and a lot of the effects weren't working so he pulled development on SW:TAC until Iger made him trust Disney again.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Absolutely, and that starts with WDI. I know it's sacrilege to blame anyone but the "beam counters," but the creatives need to do their part, too.
I dunno what you want of the creatives. They're busting their butts on great, new projects. Unfortunately, these BEAN counters slash the budget til the project is canned, or at least neutered.

BrerJon

Should have just spent $1 billion on better Wi-Fi,

There's no way the Wi-Fi could should even come close to $100M, let alone $1B. The resort up the road implemented Wi-Fi across both parks about the same time as MyMagic and works just as well, and I don't think the costs even merited a mention in the shareholder reports.

BrerJon

Keeping the lake (which is the only non-Fantasmic body of water in the park) also eases the transition. Wouldn't want to just run smack dab into Tatooine going off the hub after all.

Although it's currently across a road, there is a big swamp immediately behind Star Tours that could be used as Dagobah with a bit of creative engineering and bridge-building.

BrerJon

Haha, then that just makes the Disney vs Uni Rate of Expansion comparison that much more ridiculous.

Universal has five parks worldwide, Walt Disney World has four parks, so it's not that a ridiculous comparison.

If you adjust for a per park amount, each Universal park gets $100M while each Disney park gets $125M, so it's more but not *that much* more, especially considering Disney couldn't even build a spinner for that extra $25M with the amount things cost there.

chris chris

I really can't see the presence of The Muppets being gone from the park. The recent two movies were pretty popular (and good) and I'm sure the TV show is going to be just as popular, if not more. Whether its a new 3D movie, or a stage show (similar to Disney Junior), The Muppets are going to have some sort of presence in the park.

ParentsOf4

Universal has five parks worldwide, Walt Disney World has four parks, so it's not that a ridiculous comparison.
Quoting from Comcast's annual report:

Our Theme Parks segment consists primarily of our Universal theme parks in Orlando, Florida and Hollywood, California. Universal Orlando includes two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, as well as CityWalk, a dining, retail and entertainment complex. Universal Orlando also features on-site themed hotels in which we own a noncontrolling interest. Our Universal theme park in Hollywood, California consists primarily of Universal Studios Hollywood. In addition, we license the right to use the Universal Studios brand name and other intellectual property, and also provide other services, to third parties that own and operate the Universal Studios Japan theme park in Osaka, Japan and the Universal Studios Singapore theme park on Sentosa Island, Singapore. We also own a water park, Wet ‘n Wild, in Orlando, Florida.​

The properties in Japan and Singapore are more akin to Tokyo Disneyland. The Walt Disney Company does not pay for TDL's capital expenditures. Similarly, Universal does not pay for projects in Japan and Singapore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom