Rumor about 20K Space

Stitchfan712

FamilyMan said:
The wand was built for the 2000 Celebration. They were just too lazy to take it down, so they replaced the 2000 with Epcot and hoped no one would notice. A LOT of people HATE the wand, and A LOT of people LOVE the wand. But EVERYONE liked it before the wand. So it may get removed.

Well, since my first-ever visit to Epcot was made AFTER the wand was placed there....I honestly feel like Spaceship Earth would be naked without it.

I love the sign, I love the wand. I thought it was always there.

Please, keep it! What's so bad about it? Why would someone hate that thing? It's cool looking and ties Epcot to the idea of disney...

MKCustodial

It actually ties Epcot to the idea of Merchandise. And it also made Guests stop asking: "Where's the park with the ball?" But yeah, Spaceship Earth is naked without it, and that's the way it was created. That thing is an aberration. I'm with the bring it down people.

DisneyFan 2000

Stitchfan712 said:
Please, keep it! What's so bad about it? Why would someone hate that thing? It's cool looking and ties Epcot to the idea of disney...

It's tacky. I too was there after the wand was up but imo it just ruins the whole mature theme of Epcot.

General Grizz

Here's what I don't like about the wand.

1. It undermines the grandeur of the world-famous Spaceship Earth sphere.
2. The 'wand' has NOTHING to do with Epcot. NOTHING! At all! Sorcerer Mickey has NOTHING to do with Epcot.
3. It's staying there indefinitely. If Disney had a plan to take it down at any point in the future, I wouldn't be concerned. It looks OKAY with the wand, but to know that it's staying up "forever" takes away all hope.

Even a worker who created the wand (converted the drawings into the scenic pieces) says the wand has been up way too long already.

As a show designer of Horizons said, "What I see when I viewing SE is Buckminster Fuller's amazingly efficient structure of triangles, hexagons and pentagons forming a spherical representation of "planet Earth". An internet fan wrote, " It evokes the spirit of both the Perishpere and the extraordinary vision of Buckminster Fuller, in effect tying the futuristic dreams of the 40's and 50's into the park and setting the feeling for the entire site." Many fans of Spaceship Earth, Disney, science, the future, etc. feel that the wand ("cheap looking") is an insult to the original design (100% quality) of the sphere. And the fact that it's "permanent" is disheartening. "It's a slap in the face to the original Imagineers of EPCOT Center, IMHO," said another internet poster.

I don't HATE the wand, I just don't want to hear it's going to be there forever. Heck, it's already off the guidemaps and commercials, and SE stands with as much grandeur as ever.

Unless I have to be reminded I'm walking into Epcot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

speck76

General Grizz said:
Here's what I don't like about the wand.

1. It undermines the grandeur of the world-famous Spaceship Earth sphere.
2. The 'wand' has NOTHING to do with Epcot. NOTHING! At all! Sorcerer Mickey has NOTHING to do with Epcot.
3. It's staying there indefinitely. If Disney had a plan to take it down at any point in the future, I wouldn't be concerned. It looks OKAY with the wand, but to know that it's staying up "forever" takes away all hope.

Even a worker who created the wand (converted the drawings into the scenic pieces) says the wand has been up way too long already.

As a show designer of Horizons said, "What I see when I viewing SE is Buckminster Fuller's amazingly efficient structure of triangles, hexagons and pentagons forming a spherical representation of "planet Earth". An internet fan wrote, " It evokes the spirit of both the Perishpere and the extraordinary vision of Buckminster Fuller, in effect tying the futuristic dreams of the 40's and 50's into the park and setting the feeling for the entire site." Many fans of Spaceship Earth, Disney, science, the future, etc. feel that the wand ("cheap looking") is an insult to the original design (100% quality) of the sphere. And the fact that it's "permanent" is disheartening. "It's a slap in the face to the original Imagineers of EPCOT Center, IMHO," said another internet poster.

I don't HATE the wand, I just don't want to hear it's going to be there forever. Heck, it's already off the guidemaps and commercials, and SE stands with as much grandeur as ever.

Unless I have to be reminded I'm walking into Epcot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I always here a lot of tourists comment on it looking "cool".....remember, the masses are not real smart, and probably have no idea of Fuller.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
In the wand's defense, the wand is a remarkable structure and feat of engineering. The fact that it is not attached and is entirey seperate from Spaceship Earth is a feat in itself. However, I agree with the fact that it doesn't fit with the theme of Epcot.

Heck, I still miss the old days when the world was projected on to Spaceship Earth from the American Adventure at night. That was always so neat to see. Though from what I hear, that may be coming back in an even bigger way... :)

Anyhow, the point is, the wand doesn't really need to be there. They should have just put ears on it. LOL

Figment1986

The wand must go....

(pooh is only really popular on the east coast.... DL's has a high capacity and it someytimes doesn't meet it for a while... hence why no FP on it anymore over there..)

I think if it is temp... dont build it!!!!

Expand Toon Town.. and build villians....

(Fix Stitch.... though find a way of keeping sonny online too..)

Bigg Robb

any links about Fire Mountain or Bald mountain?? where would that go?? to the north east of Fantsyland and bordering north TTF fair would be good, and take down Aerials Grotto, just a thought

i think they should put an indoor trill attraction for the 20K space.
- maybe a "jimmy nuetron" like 3D movie centered around the Genie (maybe like the scene after Alladin rubbed the lamp) or a Alice in Wonderland themed motion move
- to make room for a new land would be nice, like bald mountain/fire mountain themed land, tear down TTF and Aerials grotto to make suffeciant room
- or maybe they will make another indoor show ride like pooh or peter pan, maybe about pinnochio :brick:

Figment1986

Disney may want to keep some rides different at the 2 kingdoms in america.... They would want you to travel to DL and WDW.... DL has pinnochio....

I would think a gene idea would be shot down... due to them already haveing an Aladin type ride at MK....

However an indoor dark ride may not be bad.... that or a huge ride about villians....(would love to see..)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom