Rumor about 20K Space

General Grizz

Stitchfan712 said:
^ Not irrelevant

Stitch is not irrelevant. While the storyline of SGE may suck to a lot of people, it's not the character's fault. SGE would be very successful and likable with a better storyline, and I imagine you wouldn't be saying that were that the case.

It's not the character. It's other factors that made AE's replacement such a disappointment. (Not to me, but to others.)
I just meant that Stitch didn't truly add to the story of Tomorrowland. Rather, he would belong in the Tiki Room or Fantasyland in my opinion. The fact that the ride has complaints only makes that subject worse.

Stitchfan712

See my edit in the last post:

Aside from that, I agree with the other attractions you listed. The Tiki Room is literally gutted the way it is "under new management". I want the old tiki room back, the way it is now is an embarrassment to WDW, and the idea behind it...Iago and Zazu running the tiki room...is thin and stupid really, the whole hip-hop extravaganza is, to me, blasphemy. That was one of walt's attractions and a landmark at the time for AA technology. The way Iago bashes the tiki room makes me cringe. It's an insult to Walt Disney.

As far as Tomorrowland, I think he works there, fitting in with the whole sci-fi theme of the place. The whole idea of teleportation, aliens, genetic experients, etc etc, that's all very tomorrowland-ish.

Now, if you were to have a SEQUEL attraction for Stitch (something post-L&S movie) then yeah, that's far better suited to Adventureland.

But I still don't want the Tiki Room to be invaded. While it's true that walt's original creation is, at times, corny and boring; it's still a magical and historically significant place to visit. Under New Management is blasphemy. Putting Lilo and Stitch in there might fit a nice friendly hawaiian theme, but i don't think that works either. Lilo and Stitch and the birds just don't tie together very well, it's just the hawaiian theme that might tie it.

I say, if you do a Stitch sequel attraction, it be placed near the tiki room. But not in it.

General Grizz

Stitchfan712 said:
See my edit in the last post:

As far as Tomorrowland, I think he works there, fitting in with the whole sci-fi theme of the place. The whole idea of teleportation, aliens, genetic experients, etc etc, that's all very tomorrowland-ish.

Now, if you were to have a SEQUEL attraction for Stitch (something post-L&S movie) then yeah, that's far better suited to Adventureland.

But I still don't want the Tiki Room to be invaded. While it's true that walt's original creation is, at times, corny and boring; it's still a magical and historically significant place to visit. Under New Management is blasphemy. Putting Lilo and Stitch in there might fit a nice friendly hawaiian theme, but i don't think that works either. Lilo and Stitch and the birds just don't tie together very well, it's just the hawaiian theme that might tie it.

I say, if you do a Stitch sequel attraction, it be placed near the tiki room. But not in it.
I would accept almost anything other than Iago in the Tiki Room.

The reason I suggested Tiki for Stitch:

- Mass crowds
- Disney can bring back the Hawaiian theme/keep the original show, but add in Stitch parts
- Stitch can learn about "Ohana" from the birds/learn a lesson/give the kids something to take back

I doubt Disney would ever bring back the original show, but it's very possible to bring back many of the original songs and incorporate Stitch in show scenes.

Now, if they do this at Disneyland, I'll croak. :D

Stitchfan712

Well, again I don't think Stitch in the tiki room would be great, but it would certainly be a lot better than freaking Iago in there.

I imagine Lilo would actually steal that show. Stitch would be...well..himself. The 'Ohana thing would be coming mostly from Lilo. It would be a sweet, educational perhaps, very family friendly attraction.

But, and this is a big but (no, not butt), the fact of the matter is that the Tiki Room is "sacred" to a degree. While they might get away, or even get praise, for making the WDW one into a Stitch-Lilo-Hawaii based show, if they did so in disneyland I think we'd see marchers with anti-Stitch signs converge on the Tiki Room in protest.

The only reason they'd get away with it in WDW is because that kind of thing would be a damn sight better than the current show. And longer. the new one is drastically shorter than the DL show.

I still think though, the best idea is if you do a Stitch thing, post-movie, have it near the Tiki Room to fit the hawaiian theme, but don't put it in the tiki room. But one thing is for sure, the tiki room at WDW needs serious help.

But, now that SGE is in place, this discussion is...irrelevant...(there's that word again), because there won't BE a Stitch-sequel attraction. WDW management would be crucified for putting TWO Stitch-based attractions at WDW.

Then again...they are doing that with pooh.....:lookaroun

MKCustodial

Epcot82Guy said:
I guess I just think attaching a 100 Acre Wood area under the concept of a small TTF to the Many Adventures facade could be an enhancement that is cheap, gives guests what they want, and does not eat up the prospects of a great new attraction.

I kinda see what you mean, although what I understood from the information was not really a land, but more of a "gallery", if you will. Of course, I may have understood it the wrong way, but it seemed to me that Disney will place 2 or three houses there, on the edge of the former lagoon, as if it was a new "fence", let's say, to keep Guests from seeing the barren landscape behind it.
And again, sure, it fits in Fantasyland, Pooh is a Disney character, and it'll tie to his attraction. And I like your idea, it'd be nice if they could extend the forest feel all the way to the Tea Cups. I never really got into the whole Swiss-like feel Fantasyland has, with the pastel tones and the flags and the yodeling.

My peeve with the whole thing is that I think Disney has been shoving Pooh down the public's throat. And it's been doing so for a long time, to a point where I can't really safely say if it's all there because the public wants it or if the public wants it because it's all there. This was just the last straw.

Am I biased? Sure, I don't like the bear. But as I mentioned on a previous post, apart from Mickey and the gang, I wouldn't like any particular character taking over a whole land. Kinda like Aladdin and Adventureland and aliens and Tomorrowland. In my opinion, to tie a land to a character kinda locks that land down in time, if that'll make any sense to you. I mean, ever since the 90's Renaissance, all we see on the parades and in the stores is Ariel, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Simba... It's like the classical classics became second strings. Apart form the Princesses, you don't see much of them.

Of course, I know it's all a bit of an exaggeration, but I hope you'll catch the main idea of the post... ;)

Lee

Adventurer
General Grizz said:
Now, if they do this at Disneyland, I'll croak. :D

Ah-ha!
So that is what they're doing with the millions they're pouring into DL's Tiki Room......Stitch on a perch!

Just kidding.

General Grizz

Lee said:
Ah-ha!
So that is what they're doing with the millions they're pouring into DL's Tiki Room......Stitch on a perch!

Just kidding.
Honestly, though, I am EAGERLY awaiting the completed rehab of Disneyland's Tiki Room.

Perhaps something VERY inspiring. . . :)

Stitchfan712

AFAIK, the new DL tiki room is simply a refurbishment of the original. No story changes. Just repairs of the animatronics and building architecture, and restoration to its original glory.

tirian

The front runner for a new attraction is still officially either Fire Mountain or Bald Mountain; but with EE, who knows what's coming?

Anyway, CMs that get sick of answering questions often like to feed the rumor mill. For example, some cynical CMs in Epcot say the arm is never coming down, but Disney is actually planning to take it off relatively soon (I'm measuring in years, not days).

Stitchfan712

I thought the Epcot wand was always there.

Why on earth would you want that taken down? That thing is awesome!

What's Fire Mountain? Bald Mountain?

Oh BTW the CM that "fed the rumor mill" if you will, actually came up to me and my friend while we were discussing the 20K lagoon amongst ourselves. He just came up and joined in.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
The wand was built for the 2000 Celebration. They were just too lazy to take it down, so they replaced the 2000 with Epcot and hoped no one would notice. A LOT of people HATE the wand, and A LOT of people LOVE the wand. But EVERYONE liked it before the wand. So it may get removed.

Fire Mountain and Bald Mountain are 2 rumored designs for a new mountain to be built in the Magic Kingdom.

And CMs like to confuse the heck out of guests. Some of them get a kick out of spreading false information. Some are truly mis-informed. But the main point is that unless it's happening in a week or two, or the CM has actually BEEN in the building, the CM doesn't know what he or she is talking about. I know there are a lot of CMs here on this board, but I think even they will agree with me that most CMs aren't a good source for information more than 2 weeks in the future.

imagineer99

tirian said:
The front runner for a new attraction is still officially either Fire Mountain or Bald Mountain

Really?

I know that these attractions were considered at one time. However, I thought they were definitely put on the back burner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom