Rumor about 20K Space

JoeyJoe

Pooh's House? Now, I am not a big Pooh fan myself, but doesn't Winnie live in a tree??? Don't they all live in trees?? :veryconfu

BwanaBob

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Im still hoping for Pinnochio's Daring Adventrue Dark Ride...

I think it would fit well there...
Let me guess... guests would all get to ride on...

never mind. I'm NOT going there...

bgraham34

Original Poster
I just hope its not Pooh Land. I love the ride and all and Like the Pooh charachters, but just wont hold my interest unless I have kids down the rode. I mean I don't Even hit Toon Town.

PurpleDragon

bgraham34 said:
I just hope its not Pooh Land. I love the ride and all and Like the Pooh charachters, but just wont hold my interest unless I have kids down the rode. I mean I don't Even hit Toon Town.
Isn't that kind of redundant? To have a Pooh attraction across from another Pooh attraction!! I know kids love Pooh, but thats a bit over the top don't you think? They should use that area for characters that don't have any type of attraction in WDW, like Pinnochio, or Alice in wonderland, or Little Mermaid, Villains, etc...

Those darn lazy execs, not a creative bone in their body! They wouldn't know creative originality if it fell out of the sky and smacked them in the head. :rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
PurpleDragon said:
Isn't that kind of redundant? To have a Pooh attraction across from another Pooh attraction!! I know kids love Pooh, but thats a bit over the top don't you think? They should use that area for characters that don't have any type of attraction in WDW, like Pinnochio, or Alice in wonderland, or Little Mermaid, Villains, etc...

Those darn lazy execs, not a creative bone in their body! They wouldn't know creative originality if it fell out of the sky and smacked them in the head. :rolleyes:

Bottom line:
Guests don't care about Pinnochio or Alice like they do Pooh.
Not even close. Same thing as with Mr. Toad.

Gotta give the guests (by which I mean the general public, not us fanatics) what they want. They have spoken...they love Pooh.

PurpleDragon

Lee said:
Bottom line:

Gotta give the guests (by which I mean the general public, not us fanatics) what they want. They have spoken...they love Pooh.
But that still doesn't explain the redundancy of a Pooh attraction infront of another Pooh attraction, that just seems completely superfluous. You'd think they would put the second attraction in another area or another park for that matter, not right next to the original one.

I honestly think they should utilize that space for another ride, not another meet and greet area, as if there weren't enough of those already!:rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
PurpleDragon said:
I honestly think they should utilize that space for another ride, not another meet and greet area, as if there weren't enough of those already!:rolleyes:

And they are, just not right away.
The Pooh area will not come close to using all the available space, leaving room for something big in the rest of the area.

And if that "something big" turns out to be what I was told the leading contender is.....most everyone will :D .

speck76

Lee said:
Bottom line:

Exactly.....I think that having the additional Pooh attractions in front of the dark ride makes great sense. Sure......it does not interest me at all, but it will be popular with the GP. The 100 acre woods simply takes the theme of the ride and expands it into a "little land".....sounds very "Disney" to me.

speck76

imagineer99 said:
I'm so tired on Disney relying on pre-existing characters and stories. There's no orginality in that:(

Doesn't this go all the way back to Walt himself? It is not like he "created" the classics.....they were all based on old stories......all he did was tell that story.

General Grizz

speck76 said:
Doesn't this go all the way back to Walt himself? It is not like he "created" the classics.....they were all based on old stories......all he did was tell that story.
Not regarding theme parks. The Tiki Room, Country Bears, Pirates, Ghosts, Carousel family, and It's a Small World were original. Successful classics (because they were original developed in the 60s).

Now Disney looks at the store shelf to design a new ride. . .

Sure, a Pooh ride works well at Disney, but if Disney consistently puts preexisting characters in theme parks without any new great development for a while, things get frustrating for theme park fans (especially when original rides are replaced/ruined with annoying or irrelevant characters -- see: Stitch, Enchanted Tiki Room, Goofy's Dancing Jamboree). . .

And it works. See: Figment. Looks like we haven't seen this novelty since the successful mid-90s. (Timekeeper, Nine Eye, XS Tech, Sir, Skippy, and Sonny Eclipse)

Epcot82Guy

Cart before the Honey Pot

While I will admit this seems a bit odd with Disney's current track record, I will give this the benefit of the doubt before I jump onboard bashing another meet and greet area. While Pooh may not be an original Disney character, 99% of people associate him with the Disney brand. So, if the shoe fits...

As for this mini-land, I think it has some great potential if it is done correctly. Yes, if the 100 Acre wood sits across a large walkway from the Many Adventures... attraction, I think it will be odd. HOWEVER, if it connects more to the attraction I think this could serve several important functions. I think we might be jumping the gun in automatically thinking the 100 Acre Wood is going on top of 20k. I would suggest that maybe the current WALKWAY would be the start of the 100 Acre Wood and the 20k spot would be the new walkway around it (to Toontown Fair and TL) - Lee please correct me if I am wrong. I am sure a walkway through it will be kept, but the main path would loop around the back of Fantasyland and incorporate TTF into the main outer circle of MK. Doing this would help in many ways. First, it would require attention between the FL-TTF-TL crossover, which is very hodgpodgy (and always has been). If a "forest" is built there, each side of it could be themed quite easily to fit in. Second, it would put the Mad Tea Party into the woods, as it was in the story. This could allow more lighting effects and a longer queue area with hedges and a better appearance (i.e. snake the queue through the wood). Third, if a Villains themed attraction is going in, it seems the housing for it would be not-so-Fantasyland-like. Therefore, to plop it down in the middle of a Medieval Fair would look peculiar. Why not, then, build a forest around the edge and sides of Toontown and FL, put something on the other side (next to Ariel's Grotto area), like a moat or swamp or something, and make it feel (with suspended disbelief, of course) that it sits back just a bit outside the Kingdom. TTF currently has this problem, and it doesn't work b/c the story doesn't need it. An E-Ticket with a large presence could pull people back, and the remoteness would actually help, not hurt (like BTM).

I guess I just think attaching a 100 Acre Wood area under the concept of a small TTF to the Many Adventures facade could be an enhancement that is cheap, gives guests what they want, and does not eat up the prospects of a great new attraction. Again, this is just my own thoughts. Lee or someone else may have more information that makes this wrong, but it seems logical and even magical to me! :)

Stitchfan712

^ Not irrelevant

General Grizz said:
(especially when original rides are replaced/ruined with annoying or irrelevant characters -- see: Stitch, Enchanted Tiki Room, Goofy's Dancing Jamboree). . .

Stitch is not irrelevant. While the storyline of SGE may suck to a lot of people, it's not the character's fault. SGE would be very successful and likable with a better storyline, and I imagine you wouldn't be saying that were that the case.

It's not the character. It's other factors that made AE's replacement such a disappointment. (Not to me, but to others.)

Aside from that, I agree with the other attractions you listed. The Tiki Room is literally gutted the way it is "under new management". I want the old tiki room back, the way it is now is an embarrassment to WDW, and the idea behind it...Iago and Zazu running the tiki room...is thin and stupid really, the whole hip-hop extravaganza is, to me, blasphemy. That was one of walt's attractions and a landmark at the time for AA technology. The way Iago bashes the tiki room makes me cringe. It's an insult to Walt Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom