Ruined...POTC

goofyfan13

Please do not turn this into a political debate, those tend to get really ugly.

Please stick to the subject at hand, how people post false information about public opinions of an attraction with no proof to back up the claims. :p

I edited my post right after I posted it cause I got a little heated and didn't think about the forum rules before I hit submit. :wave:

PurpleDragon

I edited my post right after I posted it cause I got a little heated and didn't think about the forum rules before I hit submit. :wave:

No problem, it happens.:wave:

EDIT: I removed your original post quote from my post as well so its like your comment never happened.:D

Glasgow

I agree! But discussion is good. I, for one, would love to hear evidence that most people don't like the change. Giving an opinion is great, but you shouldn't provide evidence unless you can back it up. It would be like me saying "Mission: Space is bad because it makes your brain turn to liquid goo" or "Mickey wears BIG ARMY BOOTS at home!" Unless there is some proof, don't claim it!

I agree .. that's my point exactly .. everyone is entitled to an opinion but that doesn't make it right or wrong necessarily. I don't like when people see things their own way and are adamant about their viewpoint but then fail to entertain any other opinions --- that is a common discussion board problem :)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Yea, I'm a pretty political person by nature, I get in a lot of debates with friends. So yea, I tend to spit out the first thing that comes to mind a lot.

But yes, I have seen political threads pop up and boy do they get ugly...:eek:

In your defense, you didn't make the first political comment. I commend you for going back and editing your original post. I know that can be hard to do if you feel strongly.

cloudboy

Can anyone point me to those posts from a few years ago where everyone was complaining how bad Pirates was as a ride? And how unpopular it was and give me the figures of how much ridership had dropped off?

Lee

Adventurer
Can anyone point me to those posts from a few years ago where everyone was complaining how bad Pirates was as a ride? And how unpopular it was and give me the figures of how much ridership had dropped off?

Nobody complained about Pirates being a bad ride. It had a few maintenance issues, but was still a good ride. The reason for the upgrade, was two-fold:
- To appease the guests who were riding for the first time and were quite disappointed that there was no Jack in the ride.
- Corporate synergy. Parks feed movies, movies feed parks....

Ridership, however, was about a third of what it is now.

Lee

Adventurer
What most of you don't understand is that it is not a minority of people that are upset with said changes. it is the majority of Disney fans. Yes ther are a few hundred of people like you that say "Change is good, we all need change. Blah blah blah" but for there are THOUSANDS that feel that changing everything is not a good idea.

You will not win this argument, there are too many web boards and too many threads/post to back up my answer.

Sure Disney may have made LOTS of money from people going to see the new changes, Simply out of curiosity, but after everyone has seen it and dis likes it, then what? you get threads like this saying how much they dislike it.

WINNER!!!!:sohappy:
Dumbest comment of the week. Congratulations.
So inaccurate, I can't even start to refute it other than to say that the guest compliment to complaint ratio is running in excess of 100 to 1.

PurpleDragon

So inaccurate, I can't even start to refute it other than to say that the guest compliment to complaint ratio is running in excess of 100 to 1.

ROFL!! Well put Lee!! :lol:

DisneyMusician2

Thank you! I just can't abide false information. It really just annoys the heck out of me.

Champion

Not all change is good. (look at our president for example)

That makes absolutely zero sense as a comment.

What most of you don't understand is that it is not a minority of people that are upset with said changes. it is the majority of Disney fans.

Pure comedy. The majority of fans either like it, or don't mind it. The MINORITY are the ones that will say "OMG WALT WILL KEEEL YOU!!!!"

Yes ther are a few hundred of people like you that say "Change is good, we all need change. Blah blah blah" but for there are THOUSANDS that feel that changing everything is not a good idea.

You have zero concept of the amount of people that go to Walt Disney World. Using terms like "hundreds" and "thousands" to describe ridership of Pirates of the Caribbean are a clear sign that you are uninformed. Even ten thousand people not liking the changes is completely insignificant. Heck, you can even say that 100,000 people not liking it would be completely insignificant. MK attendance for 06 is somewhere in the neighborhood of 17.5 MILLION. The hugely inflated 100,000 people is less than 1% of the total. And you know what? A certain percentage of the guests are going to not enjoy ANY attraction. That is something Disney knows and is prepared to deal with.

You will not win this argument, there are too many web boards and too many threads/post to back up my answer.

Sure Disney may have made LOTS of money from people going to see the new changes, Simply out of curiosity, but after everyone has seen it and dis likes it, then what? you get threads like this saying how much they dislike it.

Do you know why? People are much more likely to complain then praise. Do you really think people all come and post threads on how much they LOVE every ride they enjoyed? No, they don't. But if they have a problem, they'll post about it. Not only to vent, and to tell others about the issue, but because problems are the things that stick in your mind. You always see more complaints then compliments. Always.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I am now going to shamelessly promote the poll... in an attempt to pull in more respondents.

Wow! I don't think I've ever had anything I started shamelessly promoted! By way of full disclosure - you should know that I am a Florida State Seminole - I can plainly see that your a Hokie. Are we starting a new era of conference rivals helping each other out?

Enigma

Account Suspended
I was actually disappointed that they didn't make ENOUGH changes and I was blown away that they didnt add all the stuff that was added to Disneyland over the years such as new audio speakers throughout the attraction, cloud images on the ceiling, the shadow projections of pirates fighting, AA troops in the fort, etc.

I would love for them to close Pirates again for another 4-6 months and change/upgrade more of it.

sknydave

How can 4 animatronics and one fog effect ruin the ride? Personally I would not have added the second Jack Sparrow, but it's not a big deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom