Ruined...POTC

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, the drop is still in place. It is an essential function of the ride path that takes the boats from the entrance level(which is still above the utilidors) to actual ground level. The ground can more than likely hold the huge volumes of water more reliably and reduces the chance of water leaking into the basement and ruining the utilidors.
The drop takes the flume from the elevated load level under the railroad track (itself also elevated on a berm). There arn`t any Utilidors anywhere near here; the nearest one stops short of Aladdin - Caribbean Plaza was added in `73 - previous to this there were no concrete plans to develop the area, hence no need for a Utilidor. :wave:

goofyfan13

Really? Capt. Jack Sparrow talked to you in the old version?

I don't think so. They changed it. Used to be mostly a cycling music track with special audio effects and a few dialoues here and there. Now it's a whole storyline soundtrack - much darker, much more subtle. Doesn't have the rhythm or the flow to it, either. Yes, it does put a much greater emphasis on the story line. It used to be more of a jolly, frolicking adventure kind of music - more fun, more party-ish. Which is why I say it's really changed the ride. Audio plays an important part of an experience, and this really proves it.

There was a commercial a year or so ago that had a picture of an island, and they would change the background music and it totally changed the mood - it's the same thing.

Actually, what jedimaster said is right on. The only major change to the soundtrack really is the pirate ship battle scene, and the treasure room. Other than that, they just changed maybe 2 or 3 existing animatronics, and replaced 1. Everything else is exactly the same. So to say they changed the whole soundtrack is completely wrong. To be quite honest, I think the storyline soundtrack flows fine.

jedimaster1227

Isn't adding changing?

Not when the background audio (the same audio track from the original) is still playing. The additional audio is not a part of the audio track, as it is exterior audio emitted from the stage on which the talking animatronic lies, not from the speaker system which emits the background audio loop. For example, the talking pirate on the barrels speaks on a seperate loop than the background audio of the ride.

So, basic point- the added verbal audio is seperate from the background audio loop.

cloudboy

In a very small way. Most people (I believe Marni said this at the very start of the thread) would call this plussing.

People who liked it would call it plussing. But the fact is it IS changed - listen to it - it's the same melody, it's not the same tempo, same volume, not as robust, and very much in the background. It is much more moody. And that's it - minor little changes can and do have very major effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom