Rude guests (rant sorry)

GTB

Hang on - while I fully agree there is no excuse for rudeness and it should never be accepted or ignored - is no one going to call out the OP for his/her rudeness -

[QUOTE="sjane104, post: 7181714, member: 111171"

Lately, the guests are horrible. Not in the stupid way, they are always stupid, it's expected. We get a laugh out of the dumb things they say anyway.
[/QUOTE]

Manners start with each individual person and maybe it's just me but calling people stupid and laughing at them is not nice.

AndrewsJ

Hang on - while I fully agree there is no excuse for rudeness and it should never be accepted or ignored - is no one going to call out the OP for his/her rudeness -

Lately, the guests are horrible. Not in the stupid way, they are always stupid, it's expected. We get a laugh out of the dumb things they say anyway.

Manners start with each individual person and maybe it's just me but calling people stupid and laughing at them is not nice.[/QUOTE]
I am going to have to agree with you. When you go looking for trouble you will always find it.

AndrewsJ

I know I'm a new member, but I have actually been visiting this site for almost 10 years now, just never signed up.

That being said, I am a CM. I just need to rant about the "quality" of the guests and the "quality" of the magical experience you want when you visit Disney.

Most people on these forums do not fall into the rude guests category (thankfully) but I'm sure many of you have seen them when you visit.

Lately, the guests are horrible. Not in the stupid way, they are always stupid, it's expected. We get a laugh out of the dumb things they say anyway. But more recently, RUDE. Pushing and shoving rude, not washing your kids rude, being unreasonably demanding rude, tearing things apart rude, yelling at CMs rude. These people should be ashamed of themselves. When I go to work I can't tell if I am at a theme park or a zoo. And then, these are the same people who complain about the guest service they are getting at Disney. Well guess what? When you are rude to CMs, they WILL NOT go above and beyond for you. You're lucky if I even answer your question correctly. You need to be nice. We are not your slaves. Don't let your kids run wild. Don't push and cut in front of people. Don't pout and stomp your foot when you don't get your way. This is ridiculous and I fear for the future of society.

I know I'm going to get those comments of "well if you don't like it just quit!" But it's so much more than that. People should be able to act like civilized adults. It's really not that hard. I can't believe that Disney lets people be rude as hell and security and managers just stand there. It is crazy and you are only going to get a worse and worse guest service experience if you continue to act like rabid animals.

That is all.
You can't believe Disney let's people be rude as hell? I can't believe Disney hires CM's who feel this way about customers. These "stupid" guests as you call them are the reason you get a paycheck. If I valued my job I certainly wouldn't post such inflammatory remarks on a public forum. I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to find out who is the OP.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yes, a few.

Higher prices have not attracted a better audience. On the contrary. Paying exorbitant prices for a theme park (and an ever more crass one at that) is the territory of the nouveaux riches. Drug lords, sports and entertainment types, defense contractors. The established classes are put off, whereas the ability for ostentatious spending attracts those with their means but not their class.

Secondly, having paid the equivalent of your kid's entire college education for your holiday, one would be entitled. You want your money's worth. Whereas TWDC provides ever less even in absolute amounts. Less rides, longer lines, worse food, bigger crowds.
I lol'ed at your putting defense contractors in the same category as drug lords...

Courtney6682

I wish I could unread your post. W t h.

Right?! Brook and I were SHOCKED ...not that in itself isn't gross enough, but it's 10 times worse because you know it was done on purpose! They took care of it pretty quickly...we walked by it...told someone...rode the ride and got right back in line with no wait and it was gone...so all in about 10 mins...

J_Carioca

You can't believe Disney let's people be rude as hell? I can't believe Disney hires CM's who feel this way about customers. These "stupid" guests as you call them are the reason you get a paycheck. If I valued my job I certainly wouldn't post such inflammatory remarks on a public forum. I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to find out who is the OP.

Come on, you know very well that some guests turn their brains off when they go through the entrance to WDW. I've seen people do just unbelievably stupid things at WDW. I can imagine that as a CM it must be very draining to deal with that every day. The stupid guests might be the reason the CMs get a paycheck, but that doesn't give guests the right to be rude, abusive, or just plain stupid. If I give my waiter a good tip, does that mean I have the right to be rude? No.

The OP is just venting here, not taking it out on the guests. I don't think that's a big deal.

As for the overall issue, I may be getting older and more crotchety, but I just see more rudeness everywhere; it's not confined to WDW. I recently heard a teenager shout "stupid b####h" at a city bus driver for missing a stop. People rarely say thank you when you hold a door open for them. People shout into their cell phones with no regard for those around them. I really do think that we're becoming a society where there is very little respect for others.

J_Carioca

Does anyone ever ask themselves how some of these uncouth patrons can afford a $4,000 to $10,000 Disney vacation? All I have to say is that if this country ever moves away from the instant payout that occurs each tax season, Disney is going to be in trouble (and we will start to enjoy our vacations again).

Income has nothing to do with couth or manners.

Disorbust

We are just back and my DD met up with her CP friends who stayed and went full time the past two years. It was kinda heart breaking to hear them. They basically told DD she left at the right time because things have gone down hill. Basically the "Shanghai cuts" really killed the love many of the CMs had for WDW. They talked about how their friends in entertainemt just completely stopped getting hours and couldn't make rent. It sounds like it was a really dark time. Two are character attendants and said the guests have got extremely agressive and rude at times and hear at least once a day from a guest, "Do you know how much this vacation is costing me." So it might not have data proving guests are more rude because of the increasing cost but it does speak to the general mindset.

Raineman

Well, I heard Patty talking to Babs on the phone about parties and boyfriends in CoP. How rude!
Wow, even the AAs are getting rude now-although, I wouldn't object if, in the middle of a scene in CoP, guests get up to leave, and John stops talking and says "Hey, you! Sit the f*** back down until the show is over, you idiot!" :D

Bronson55

Probably the worst experience I've ever had with a moron guest was when I was about to watch Wishes one night and I felt this awful pain on my hell. I turned around and there was this morbidly obese woman on one of those stupid scooter chairs and she had ran in to my heel. So I just smiled and acted as though it was no big deal. Well then she looks at me and says "I was doing that so you'd get out of my way. I can't see over you". Seriously! I had been standing there for probably 5 minutes and she just pulls up behind me and runs in to me on purpose! I just sorta got this baffled look on my face and moved out of the way because it wasn't worth starting a fight over. Man I was irritated though! Disney is sort of a sacred place to me because of what it represents and the ideas it was founded on and I try to practice a certain "etiquette" I guess you'd say. I always try to hold doors for people, let people go before me at buffet meals, give up my seat for pregnant ladies, don't hold up the already long ride lines to stop and take multiple stupid selfies, and DON'T TAKE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY ON DARK RIDES WHEN THEY CLEARRRRRRLY WILL EVEN STOP THE RIDE TO "REMIND" YOU ABOUT IT! I suppose being a CM would be something like working at an insane asylum where the inmates outnumber you. LOL!

Pixie VaVoom

Manners start with each individual person and maybe it's just me but calling people stupid and laughing at them is not nice.[/QUOTE]

Ghandi said "BE the change you want to SEE" !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom