Roy E. Disney has Passed away.

FigmentJedi

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Roy was a great asset to the survival of The Walt Disney Company - pure and simple. He was the current-day embodiment of Walt and Roy, or at least as much as one could be.

I'm proud to say I stood near him when he re-dedicated his dad's train at WDW a few years ago.

Rest in peace, Roy - and PLEASE continue to guide the board and executives from above, with your dad and uncle.

drp4video

To answer my own question, it looks like Roy did not have any children, but then I checked and Walt's daughter who is still alive, has 7 children:

Christopher D. Miller (b.1954)
Joanna Miller (b.1956)
Tamara Scheer (b.1957)
Jennifer Miller-Goff (b.1960)
Walter Elias Disney Miller (b.1961)
Ronald Miller (b.1963)
Patrick Miller (b.1967)

I wonder if any of them are involved in the company.

Empress Room

To answer my own question, it looks like Roy did not have any children, but then I checked and Walt's daughter who is still alive, has 7 children:

Christopher D. Miller (b.1954)
Joanna Miller (b.1956)
Tamara Scheer (b.1957)
Jennifer Miller-Goff (b.1960)
Walter Elias Disney Miller (b.1961)
Ronald Miller (b.1963)
Patrick Miller (b.1967)

I wonder if any of them are involved in the company.

According to Roy's posted obituary, "he is survived by daughters Abigail and Susan, sons Roy P. and Timothy Disney and 16 grandchildren."

Brian_WDW74

I thought I'd pass this along.
Letter from Disney CEO Bob Iger on Roy Disney's passing.

Dear Cast Members,

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the passing of our friend and colleague Roy E. Disney. After a courageous year-long fight with stomach cancer, he passed away peacefully this morning at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, surrounded by his loving family.

Roy played an important role in our lives here at Disney, and in the success of our Company over many years. Along the way, he touched many of us in a personal way. During his 56-year association with the Company, his true passion and focus was preserving and building upon the amazing legacy of Disney animation that was started by his father and uncle. His commitment to the art of animation was unparalleled and will always remain his personal legacy and one of the greatest contributions to Disney’s past, present and future.

Roy not only helped to keep the legacy alive, but he also embraced new technologies, and gave the filmmakers the tools they needed to tell their stories in new and exciting ways. He encouraged talent, and loved working with the creative community. And they loved working with him.

Roy was a Disney Legend in every sense of the word, and his contributions to this great company have been profound and will always be remembered. For the next week we will be flying the Disney flag at half mast here at the Studio and at our parks, and I know you join me in sending thoughts and prayers to Roy’s wife, Leslie, his four children, and his 16 grandchildren. For those who wish to pay their respects, the family has requested that donations be made in Roy’s name to the California International Sailing Association (CISA) to benefit youth sailing.

Bob

Duckberg

Roy Disney

Was Roy Disney a consultant to the the company up until his passing. If so, did he have much current influence? If not, are there any remaining Disney family members who serve in any form of advisory capacity to the company?

Its a sad day for Disney fans when an important original
Disney family member passes of this stature. Duckberg :(

SMRT-1

RIP - Thoughts and prayers to his family. Awful to think there are no more Disney's in the dream that Walt Disney created.

Wilt Dasney

After a courageous year-long fight with stomach cancer, he passed away peacefully this morning at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, surrounded by his loving family.

Oral Roberts was also in Newport Beach when he died yesterday. Kinda weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom