Roy E. Disney has Passed away.

imagineer boy

:( RIP Roy. Thank you for all you've done to help the company and continue Walt's dream.

So ironic that it happened the day after Walt's death too, and while PatF is #1 at the box office.

nemofinder22

:(

The Disney Parks Blog has a whole article on Roy-

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...pany-disneys-animation-legacy-dies-at-age-79/

Roy Edward Disney, son of Disney Studios co-founder Roy O. Disney, and nephew of Walt Disney, passed away today (12/16/09) at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, California, following a year-long battle with stomach cancer. He was 79 years old. Disney was a successful businessman, philanthropist, filmmaker, and award-winning sailor, who played a key role in the revitalization of The Walt Disney Company and Disney’s animation legacy. He was associated with the Company over a 56-year period, and from 1984 – 2003, served as vice chairman of the Company’s board of directors, and chairman of the Studio’s Animation Department. In recent years, he held the title of director emeritus and consultant for the Company.

Its said the flag at Disneyland has been lowed to half staff.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Yes he does. I'll post a picture of it later this evening unless someone else posts it first.
Please do. I'd like to see it on Friday. :eek:
:(

The Disney Parks Blog has a whole article on Roy-

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...pany-disneys-animation-legacy-dies-at-age-79/

Its said the flag at Disneyland has been lowed to half staff.

Oh, that's too much.:(

I can only imagine what they did for Roy O. and Walt when they passed.

SWatsi

Wow i'm so upset right now. Particularly after reading all these messages. Best wishes to all his friends and family. It is the hardest time of ones life.
To everyone who has been effected by his career and efforts please be thankful of his life and achievements. I certainly am. Because of him I have had a lot of joy. Forever I am grateful. Love live the legend of that family.

EPCOTPluto

Yes he does. I'll post a picture of it later this evening unless someone else posts it first.
Here it is:

window-roy_e_disney.jpg

EPCOTPluto

I doubt that!

My Dad remembers it very clearly...He was a kid, and devastated.

What building?
Perhaps he meant the Disney News Magazine from Holidays 1966, which was printed before Walt's death. :shrug:

I can't exactly remember the exact building, but here's another pic of it:

3857088305_96eeffd750.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Perhaps he meant the Disney News Magazine from Holidays 1966, which was printed before Walt's death. :shrug:

I can't exactly remember the exact building, but here's another pic of it:

3857088305_96eeffd750.jpg
MSUSA Green? Why don't I remember this building?

Hang on...Let me get the guide.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Guide was not helpful.:brick::lol: I thought that there was composite shot in there...but I *think* I see Roy's building on the East side. Think I can match the green, but not sure.

HMF

Will this be the end of the Disney Legacy? The last Disney in the Company is gone. This will be absolutely devastating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom