Rosie O'Donald swearing on stage at MGM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandtrumpet

I still love Rosie and think she is helarious, most everyone say those kind of words, do i think it was right for that moment, maby not.

cmatt

oh noes!!!!11 she swore - cest la vie, you guys should REALLY go out in edinburgh or glasgow - any time of the day ;) :p

wedway71

I have nothing against Rosie as a person.To be honest I dont really care one way or another if shes in showbiz or not.My issue is this......

a-Even though it was Soap Opera weekend which is geared for adults how many families were there??? Saying curse words on stage even at Soap Opera weekend at WDW is not acceptable.Im willing to to bet there were plenty of kids sitting right along side of their Moms,Aunts,Sisters,etc.

b-Rosie whether she likes it or not is working with Disney/ABC. When you affiliate yourself with a brand like Disney you have to sometimes watch your P's and Q's in public. I spoke to an Executive at WDW about 10 years ago who was flying back from a College Recruitment seminar and still had her Disney name tag on when flying back.When the Flight Attendant asked her if she wanted a drink-aka alchohol she said no for the fact that she was representing Disney and it would not be appropriate. Rosie needs to follow this advice and do the same.

c-I think most of us wouldnt mind if she was cursing like a drunk sailor doing a comedy bit at some nightclub somewhere with an over 21 crowd-just not at a family park with familys.

wherewhy

Actually, they are on over the air broadcast. That kind of vulgarity is allowed on basic cable.

Maybe they don't curse that hard on broadcast TV, but I just don't see how the act of cursing is any more or less offensive than stars tearing each other's clothes off.
I agree completey, ndeither have there place in disney. I don't care what the event, that display of behavior is never appropriate in a park with families. If I read the OP right, it wasn't like she was off to the side somewhere, it sounds as if she was in ear shot of everyone.

gjpjtj

This does not belong at WDW. I have no problem with the use of that kind of language in "real life", but it doesn't belong at WDW. I would imagine Walt wouldn't have approved!!!:(

Stupid Rosie...........:fork:

I'm curious about something that those of you who are/were cast members may be able to answer. If you are 'on stage' in your role, and use this kind of language to the guests, what happens to you? Slap on the wrist, sent home, dock your pay, termination?

Gary

Mickey will come out and slap a hugeTERMINATION! sign on our foreheads. =D

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
I've never been offended by foul language, but I agree with what other posters have said, that it has no place in a Disney park. So what if it was Soap Opera week. The park didn't suddenly set a minimum age requirement to enter during Soap Opera week, did they? I'm sure there are plenty of families there who went to the park with no idea this event was going on. They were just there for a day of family entertainment, as they should expect from a Disney park.

Having said that, I think Rosie O'Donnell is one of the most annoying people in show business. I've never cared for her. She always sounds like she's yelling, even when it's a one-on-one conversation. She seems to thrive on shock value and on being the center of attention, much more than your average celebrity. She was on a talk show just the other night (I think it was Letterman) and she was telling a story about Barbara Streisand. It seemed to me that the only point of the story was to create an excuse to squeeze in an impersonation of Streisand, just to milk the crowd for applause.

Space Mountain

I'm curious about something that those of you who are/were cast members may be able to answer. If you are 'on stage' in your role, and use this kind of language to the guests, what happens to you? Slap on the wrist, sent home, dock your pay, termination?

Gary

You're most likely terminated. *poof*

bfbulldog

Oooh a real shocker

She's nothing more than a no talent loser who's been shoved down everyones face for a decade. She only appeals to morons who love it when she's flinging insults at everyone. She's an attention freak plain and simple and she could care less if she's swearing in front of kids or anyone else. A total loser.

MuRkErY

If you are 'on stage' in your role, and use this kind of language to the guests, what happens to you? Slap on the wrist, sent home, dock your pay, termination?

If you get caught. You get termd... simple as.

I know one person who got termd for this offence.

TBH I'm shocked Disney let somebody get away with this. It should not be 1 rule for some, and another rule for others. As far as I'm concerned if a cast member, or a normal guest, or the president of the USA should get caught swearing on stage at a Disney park continuously they should be asked to leave the park.

TsWade2

Man, that's awful! I might say to her "Watch your language, you Wicked Witch of the West!"....Sorry..my favorite line from The Producers.:eek:

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
She's nothing more than a no talent loser who's been shoved down everyones face for a decade. She only appeals to morons who love it when she's flinging insults at everyone. She's an attention freak plain and simple and she could care less if she's swearing in front of kids or anyone else. A total loser.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I hope she reads these message boards.

I really don't know what to say. Working at disney, I hear a lot of cursing at Disney. There's also smoking right in front of babies, those shoes don't belong in the park as well but parents throw me the finger everytime I tell them to take it off. People use the restroom where ever they please. Leave trash on the floor after illuminations.

Parents are always cursing inside innoventions, yelling at their kids, yelling at each other. I've seen boys with earings already at age 11.

Have you not seen how parents let their children dress!!!? I saw a 14 year old girl wearing a "let's be friends" and in back of her shirt it says "with benifits" the other day. I see them wear these tank tops and shorts riding up their butts. Even the mothers are dressing the way they're not supposed to dress in the parks. I work at D-mail a place where you can send email with a video (which btw, is no longer there) and I've seen girls put in "sexy4u69" and "foxygirl" and the mother being right there next to them.

They also don't wear shoes when they're supposed to, they always curse at me when I tell them to put their shoes on. They've spit at me.

The world today is going downhill. I see so many horrble things at disney.

OMG Rosie curses!! I see this no different then what I see everyday while working. My parents told me about life early. They also told me that I'm going to be hearing and seeing a lot of life when I grow up. They thought me about the birds and the bees when I was 7, they told me all the bad words I was going to hear when I was growing up. I grew up realizing there's a place for all that but not in the house hold. I respected them.

You can't stop life. I grew up fine and parents shouldn't hold anything back from their children. I rather I learned all that stuff from my parents then finding it out on my own....because you know, they're going to eventually hear all that stuff once they grow up.

And about super soaps weekend, that's why researching is nice. If you don't want children to be near vulgarity, maybe come the week right after that??

Now I'm not saying that noone should be banned from coming to enjoy a day at the park, but a little reasearching wouldn't be bad as well.

From what I've learned, summer, thanksgiving week, supersoap should be weeks you should stay away from if you're visiting with family and friends. BUSY!! BUSY BUSY!! The week after, I went to epcot yesterday, lines for soarin was 20 minutes!!

In the end, I agree that vulgarity shouldn't be at disney at all, but sadly, it is.

BelleGurl

Wow, really? At Disneyworld!?! Wouldn't the Staff Members kick her off of Stage? That was very mean of her to do.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
I really don't know what to say. Working at disney, I hear a lot of cursing at Disney. There's also smoking right in front of babies, those shoes don't belong in the park as well but parents throw me the finger everytime I tell them to take it off. People use the restroom where ever they please. Leave trash on the floor after illuminations.

Parents are always cursing inside innoventions, yelling at their kids, yelling at each other. I've seen boys with earings already at age 11.

Have you not seen how parents let their children dress!!!? I saw a 14 year old girl wearing a "let's be friends" and in back of her shirt it says "with benifits" the other day. I see them wear these tank tops and shorts riding up their butts. Even the mothers are dressing the way they're not supposed to dress in the parks. I work at D-mail a place where you can send email with a video (which btw, is no longer there) and I've seen girls put in "sexy4u69" and "foxygirl" and the mother being right there next to them.

They also don't wear shoes when they're supposed to, they always curse at me when I tell them to put their shoes on. They've spit at me.

The world today is going downhill. I see so many horrble things at disney.

OMG Rosie curses!! I see this no different then what I see everyday while working. My parents told me about life early. They also told me that I'm going to be hearing and seeing a lot of life when I grow up. They thought me about the birds and the bees when I was 7, they told me all the bad words I was going to hear when I was growing up. I grew up realizing there's a place for all that but not in the house hold. I respected them.

You can't stop life. I grew up fine and parents shouldn't hold anything back from their children. I rather I learned all that stuff from my parents then finding it out on my own....because you know, they're going to eventually hear all that stuff once they grow up.

And about super soaps weekend, that's why researching is nice. If you don't want children to be near vulgarity, maybe come the week right after that??

Now I'm not saying that noone should be banned from coming to enjoy a day at the park, but a little reasearching wouldn't be bad as well.

From what I've learned, summer, thanksgiving week, supersoap should be weeks you should stay away from if you're visiting with family and friends. BUSY!! BUSY BUSY!! The week after, I went to epcot yesterday, lines for soarin was 20 minutes!!

I completely understand what you're saying and I think you make some valid points. But aside from throwing someone out of the park who is being violent or majorly out of hand, Disney can't really control guest behavior. The guests don't represent Disney. They are having Disney represented to them. In contrast, if someone is performing on a stage in a Disney park, then they ARE representing Disney.

As far as researching on what week to visit versus what week to avoid, I agree this is a great idea, but I don't think it is a realistic or fair expectation to have of guests. Disney is one of the strongest brands in existence, and their brand says that they are the "finest in family entertainment". As a result, guests shouldn't have to go the extra mile to do research in order to make sure they're not visiting during the one week that this brand promise isn't being lived up to.

As far as researching on what week to visit versus what week to avoid, I agree this is a great idea, but I don't think it is a realistic or fair expectation to have of guests. Disney is one of the strongest brands in existence, and their brand says that they are the "finest in family entertainment". As a result, guests shouldn't have to go the extra mile to do research in order to make sure they're not visiting during the one week that this brand promise isn't being lived up to

Well yeah, but researching is great!! It helps guest understand what extra magic hours is and all that good stuff. If guest don't want to wait in line and enjoy their vacation, if they want to enjoy that family entertainment, it's better if it's nicely planned out with a little bit of knowledge coming to the parks. A lot of guest tell me they never knew about character connection or extra magic hours. Ah, my stomach hurts, I'll be back later.

Erika

Guys, I think a lot of you have made some very good points, but I am going to lock this one for now. I think a few of the comments, intentional or not, have led us into territory that has shown to become very volatile in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom