Rosie O'Donald swearing on stage at MGM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
I had this included in my park updates thread, but after reading some responses i think this subject needs it's own thread.

Soap weekend was going on last weekend. Rosie O'Donald was there "barking" on the main stage, what a disapointment! She is soooo obsence and aweful, I think Disney made a huge mistake of having her there. She was using words such as, "A*S"* and "B**CH" and being very vulger and un-Disney like on stage. At one point she even said, "What the BLEEP..."

I was shocked and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

LuLaSue

Terrible, terrible. She should be ashamed and so should Disney for allowing such poor behavior. I speak for myself when I say I love to go to Disney to escape the everyday vulgarity of the workplace, television, etc... I am glad I wasn't there to witness her nonsence.:mad:

aaron2525

What a disgrace

:( Rosie should have never been included in anything disney. Her values dont represent in my opinion, the majority of disney families. i certainly would never watch her on tv nor attend anything she's a part. I certainly will write a letter to management if this story is true, as I visit disney at least 6 times a year, maybe we will go less as a result. its despicable that disney is a family park and they let that trash in.

Poly Feb 2007 6 nights woot

MickeyTigg

I had this included in my park updates thread, but after reading some responses i think this subject needs it's own thread.

Soap weekend was going on last weekend. Rosie O'Donald was there "barking" on the main stage, what a disapointment! She is soooo obsence and aweful, I think Disney made a huge mistake of having her there. She was using words such as, "A*S"* and "B**CH" and being very vulger and un-Disney like on stage. At one point she even said, "What the BLEEP..."

I was shocked and couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Well....there's a class act for you. But then I wouldn't have expected class from Rosie?

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
Question for the OP: Did she even realize her mic was on? :lookaroun What was she "doing" on stage?

Yes she knew her mic was on, she was on stage doing some sort of stand up comedy taping, I'm guessing maybe for "the view" or some other show being taped. She was swearing while telling jokes during her stand up comedian part.

Eyorefan

I have to say, normally I really like Rosie. I like it when she had her first talk show, and I think she adds an interesting persepective to The View.

But a family place like Disney is no place for language like that. She of all people should be aware of this since she has kids herself. I think this can be filed under... "What was she thinking?":veryconfu

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Well....there's a class act for you. But then I wouldn't have expected class from Rosie?

Well... its her stand up comedian roots. Some of her material is pretty blue, harsh, and angry at times. Is WDW a place for it. Probally not. She should of pulled back a little.

Victor

:( Rosie should have never been included in anything disney. Her values dont represent in my opinion, the majority of disney families.

I agree that it was out of line for her to use that kind of language at a family theme park. However, soap operas also don't represent Disney family values, and they have an entire weekend dedicated to it.

Greenlawler

I agree that it was out of line for her to use that kind of language at a family theme park. However, soap operas also don't represent Disney family values, and they have an entire weekend dedicated to it.

Totally agree with Victor here...
I am not in the least suprised in the least about Rosie. Come on guys this is the soap weekend at MGM park not a kids movie. They, I am sure rationalized it that way.

(Before you jump all over me realize I am not condoning her behaviour personally I find her disgusting and I think the media shoves her down our throat because they like her politics. Her 15 minutes should have been up after her 3rd or 4th botched tv show. This is the sleezy side of Disney I hate.)

Look Disney knows what they are getting when they ask a person like Rosie to be there. When someone uses that kind of language in thier daily life its hard to turn it off just because your on stage. It becomes part of your venacular. Like I satted on the other thread you cannot turn off behavior just because your in the spotlight. Your real self shines through.

MSTINKHERBELL01

I AGREE that allowing any person to be on stage at a Disney park where there are children present, using profane language is out of line and inappropriate.

I do have to comment on this statement: "Rosie should have never been included in anything disney. Her values dont represent in my opinion, the majority of disney families." I take great offense to this comment and advise that before you start an even bigger issue...save your opinion on that subject for another board.:mad:

Greenlawler

I AGREE that allowing any person to be on stage at a Disney park where there are children present, using profane language is out of line and inappropriate.

I do have to comment on this statement: "Rosie should have never been included in anything disney. Her values dont represent in my opinion, the majority of disney families." I take great offense to this comment and advise that before you start an even bigger issue...save your opinion on that subject for another board.:mad:

I knew that was a powderkeg......lets be civil here.:)
I do'nt think there was any sort of maliciousness meant I think they were talking more about Rosie's comedy.

brentley2

:( Rosie should have never been included in anything disney. Her values dont represent in my opinion, the majority of disney families. i certainly would never watch her on tv nor attend anything she's a part. I certainly will write a letter to management if this story is true, as I visit disney at least 6 times a year, maybe we will go less as a result. its despicable that disney is a family park and they let that trash in.

Poly Feb 2007 6 nights woot

Nice. Homophobia rears it's ugly head- I hope you realize that there are MANY MANY gay people working at Disney - every day, at every park...you wouldn't get to go to Disney if it weren't for the gay people who work there...they would have to shut the parks down because there wouldn't be enough people to work the rides, shows, etc.:mad:

Gay people should get to enjoy Disney just like every one else.

gbruenin

I'm curious about something that those of you who are/were cast members may be able to answer. If you are 'on stage' in your role, and use this kind of language to the guests, what happens to you? Slap on the wrist, sent home, dock your pay, termination?

Gary

SirNim

At least she didn't butcher the National Anthem... :lookaroun

...thinking of another "Rosy" comedienne...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom