Room rehab at CSR

Buzz2001

The rehab at CSR is now moving to casita 4. All the cabana buildings are complete as are ranchos 6a and 6b. The 4th floors in casita 1, 2 and 3 are done as well. All looks on schedule to be complete by 10/2009.

2z6sawj.jpg

nn18gh.jpg

iqacnk.jpg

5bo5ls.jpg

23nxax.jpg

Lucky

I know there is a convention coming in this week. Here is a list that Buzz compiled from Googling and from posters giving him info on another forum:

April 19 - 23, IAPP-U International Accounts Payable Professionals
Apr 26 -28, AACSB International 2009 - International Conference and Annual Meeting
April 27 - 28, USASF/IASF - FIFTH ANNUAL COACHES CONFERENCE AND INDUSTRY TRADE SHOW

May 3 - 6, FTA 2009 Forum & Info*Flex
May 6 - 9, Nursing 2009 Symposium
May 14 - 16, 9th Annual FOCUS Conference
May 17 - 22, STLE Annual Convention

Jun 15 - 20, Wester CPE CPA Conference

Jul 3 - 4, 2009 US Open Karate Championship
Jul 7 - 12, Friends for Life Annual Conference
Jul 16 - 18, TOPS IRD

Aug 25 - 29, Florida Recreation & Park Association

Sept 30 - Oct 4, Society of American Foresters National Convention

Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2009, HACU 23rd Annual Conference

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST. THIS IS FROM RESEARCH DONE BY SOMEONE ON GOOGLE AND DISER'S SENDING IN ONES THAT THEY ARE MADE AWARE OF.
Thanks! Now I just have to figure out which of these organization to join and get my employer to pay for the trip.

Upvote 0

SeaBreeze

Stayed there last week. The refurb rooms are great! The beds are very comfy.
They were still working on the rooms in 5, we stayed in 4.

We stayed there last week as well and lucked out in getting a refurbed room. I was a little annoyed though when they split our group up; two of us wound up in Cabanas 8B and the rest in Casitas 2. Was quite a nuisance considering we were there for a conference and had work to do...but I'm glad I got the better end of that stick with the refurbed room :lol:

Upvote 0

sbkline

As I may have mentioned already, we're currently booked for Coronado Springs for April 19-28 next year. I want to try Maya Grill at some point during the trip, but I don't want to make very many ADR's. Unlike the last couple trips, where I had an ADR for every night and had a specific itinerary for every day, this time around I want to have a general outline of what I want to do, without having each day planned. So rather than plan what day I want to eat at Maya Grill and booking it in advance, I would prefer to just decide as we go when the best time would be to eat there.

So my question is, is Maya Grill typically packed enough that an ADR is necessary? Or would our chances be pretty good of just walking in? I've never seen this restaraunt on any list of the "must have ADRs", but I thought I would check and see.

*edit* I guess I haven't mentioned it already. I just checked page 1 of this thread and saw that I don't have any posts in here yet. I could have sworn I posted in this thread a while back, but I must be thinking of another thread on CSR. :lol:

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
As I may have mentioned already, we're currently booked for Coronado Springs for April 19-28 next year. I want to try Maya Grill at some point during the trip, but I don't want to make very many ADR's. Unlike the last couple trips, where I had an ADR for every night and had a specific itinerary for every day, this time around I want to have a general outline of what I want to do, without having each day planned. So rather than plan what day I want to eat at Maya Grill and booking it in advance, I would prefer to just decide as we go when the best time would be to eat there.

So my question is, is Maya Grill typically packed enough that an ADR is necessary? Or would our chances be pretty good of just walking in? I've never seen this restaraunt on any list of the "must have ADRs", but I thought I would check and see.

*edit* I guess I haven't mentioned it already. I just checked page 1 of this thread and saw that I don't have any posts in here yet. I could have sworn I posted in this thread a while back, but I must be thinking of another thread on CSR. :lol:
MG usually doesn't require ADR's. I've never seen it that crowded.

Upvote 0

sbkline

cabana 8a is the closest

And the Cabanas are the ones that are supposed to resemble a city along a beach, right?

Out of the Cabanas, the Ranchos and the Casitas, which do you personally prefer? I know I could ask that question to 100 people and get answers split among all three, but I was just curious what your favorite is. Part of me wants to just check in and be surprised at which one they assign me to. But since we will be travelling with a 10 month old and a 4 year old, I also would like the convenience of being closest to the pool...although that is likely to put us a longer walk to the main building.

And what are your thoughts on Maya Grill?

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
And the Cabanas are the ones that are supposed to resemble a city along a beach, right?

Out of the Cabanas, the Ranchos and the Casitas, which do you personally prefer? I know I could ask that question to 100 people and get answers split among all three, but I was just curious what your favorite is. Part of me wants to just check in and be surprised at which one they assign me to. But since we will be traveling with a 10 month old and a 4 year old, I also would like the convenience of being closest to the pool...although that is likely to put us a longer walk to the main building.

And what are your thoughts on Maya Grill?
I prefer the cabanas because of their proximity to everything and the hammocks on the beach. The casitas are also nice for the courtyards and fountains. If you want seclusion, then the ranchos are for you.

Upvote 0
We're staying at CSR in September. My mom is going with us and will have her own room. I really would like and actually need adjoining rooms. Any suggestions on where I should request? I'd really like to be in a room that's been refurbed and I guess when we get there nearly all will be done. Any thoughts? We will have a car so bus stops are not a factor in our decision. We'd love to be near a pool but most important is being in adjoining rooms.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

Original Poster
We're staying at CSR in September. My mom is going with us and will have her own room. I really would like and actually need adjoining rooms. Any suggestions on where I should request? I'd really like to be in a room that's been refurbed and I guess when we get there nearly all will be done. Any thoughts? We will have a car so bus stops are not a factor in our decision. We'd love to be near a pool but most important is being in adjoining rooms.

Thanks in advance!
They will be over 90% complete by September. All areas of the resort have adjoining rooms so make your request based on which area you like best and then adjoining rooms. 50% of the rooms are adjoining at the resort. Cabana 8a is the closest building to the main pool followed by cabana 8b and rancho 7b.

Upvote 0

lcsrig

We stayed in Casita 5 from May 26th to June 2nd on the 3rd floor. I loved being able to seethe fireworks at EPCOT and DHS! If you walked down toward El Centro, you could see MK fireworks, too!! Really made our trip a little more special!

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

We stayed in Casita 5 from May 26th to June 2nd on the 3rd floor. I loved being able to seethe fireworks at EPCOT and DHS! If you walked down toward El Centro, you could see MK fireworks, too!! Really made our trip a little more special!
Sounds great. Castias 5 is our favorite building at CSR!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom