Cynderella

Carriage rides at Port Orleans info is as follows:

25 minute ride for $35 (tax included)
Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge accepted
Credit cards cannot be accepted

Reservations - Advance reservations can be made by calling WDW-PLAY
Same day reservations may be available at the Riverside Marina
Carriage rides may be cancelled due to inclement weather.

$35 fee for no-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice.

For Gift Certificate or Special Request please call location at 407-824-2734.
Guests will be allowed to bring their own drinks on board.

Although, if you go at Christmas time, you may want to consider a "Sleigh ride" at Wilderness lodge.

They raised that slightly. We went oh maybe 3 years ago or so at POR and it was 30 mins for $30. I highly recommend it to any and everyone.

imamouse

Southern Tink - Congratulations on your trip! I hope you and your husband have a magical time.

You didn't say when you are going or where you'll be staying. These two pieces of information could unleash a new batch of suggestions.

My husband loves WL and AKL. Even if you are not planning to stay at these resorts, at least visit them or book a meal at Artist Point (WL) or Jiko (AKL).

DTD can also be romantic at night - it's dark and festive.

landauh

Not sure if you would find this romantic or not, but when I worked MK graveyard security, guests would sit at the Hub and wait for the Kiss Goodnight. Sometimes you can also see a proposal happen.

Kiss Goodnight times:

Mon - Thu & Sat: 12am, 12:30 am, 1am
Sun & Fri: 2am, 2:30 am, 3am

asuburbanman

Not sure if you would find this romantic or not, but when I worked MK graveyard security, guests would sit at the Hub and wait for the Kiss Goodnight. Sometimes you can also see a proposal happen.

Kiss Goodnight times:

Mon - Thu & Sat: 12am, 12:30 am, 1am
Sun & Fri: 2am, 2:30 am, 3am

Do these times change when there are evening EMH at the Magic Kingdom?

jtwyatt

I'm not sure where you are staying...but a romantic moment last year for me and my fiance was to grab a drink from the Polynesian Pool Bar and Sit on the Beach under a cabanna and watch wishes from there. It was awsome.

Southern_Tink

Original Poster
Well, we are actually staying at All-Star Music and to make it even less romantic-we're going with my dad and his girlfriend. But, it is my dad's girlfriends first trip (along with my husbands) so I feel like most of our time will be spent apart, per couple.

I doubt anyone has any romantic ideas about ASMu-but if you do, let me know!!! :ROFLOL:

PhilharMagician

For our 15 anniversary this is what we did, or I surprised my wife with.

• Stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time.
  • Dinner at Bistro de Paris in Epcot. The absolute best dining experience at WDW to date.
  • Carraige ride at Ft Wilderness followed by dinner @ the California Grill and Wishes from the balcony on top of the Contemporary.
  • Sitting by the fire pit sipping wine at Animal Kingdom Lodge

danpam1024

Dinner at Narcoossee's to watch electrical water pageant and Wishes, just walking around the GF, it's so beautiful, Monorail Hotel lounge hopping, Fantasy Land at night, a stroll on the BOardwalk, Wishes fireworks cruise (never took one but sounds romantic), or have something special delivered to your room by the Disney Florist!

The Disney Kid

Dinner at Narcoossee's to watch electrical water pageant and Wishes, just walking around the GF, it's so beautiful, Monorail Hotel lounge hopping, Fantasy Land at night, a stroll on the BOardwalk, Wishes fireworks cruise (never took one but sounds romantic), or have something special delivered to your room by the Disney Florist!

Southern Tink, this is the one you want to do. Make it a "dress up" romantic evening. They even pipe in the Wishes audio into the restaurant. It will be a wonderful evening.

Gorjus

If you don't mind my saying, there is a huge difference between a husband trying to make a trip special for his wife and a wife trying to make a trip special for her husband.

Background: I feel the silliest women are those that try to have a meaningful conversation with a man during a sporting event...insist that a man go shopping with her and then get upset when he isn't happy during the day...trying to make something meaningful for the husband by doing what the wife likes, and vice versa.

Case in point: a couple that I know: she loves parties. He loves quiet times at home with family. On his birthday, she throws him a huge party. On her birthday, he plans a quiet dinner at home with the kids. In reality, neither is happy and they are frustrated because they planned for something their spouse wasn't going to enjoy in the first place.

Back to Disney...Spending a day riding all the thrill rides may be what makes his day. Having hot dogs and beer all day long at various parts of the world may make his day. Spending the afternoon at ESPN club may make his day. While all men enjoy the results of being romantic with a woman, often times they simply put up with the MEANS to the END. Know your spouse.

Then there are those romantic guys that like all that. Again, know your spouse. Put your own needs aside and do what makes HIM happy.

The Disney Kid

If you don't mind my saying, there is a huge difference between a husband trying to make a trip special for his wife and a wife trying to make a trip special for her husband.

Background: I feel the silliest women are those that try to have a meaningful conversation with a man during a sporting event...insist that a man go shopping with her and then get upset when he isn't happy during the day...trying to make something meaningful for the husband by doing what the wife likes, and vice versa.

Case in point: a couple that I know: she loves parties. He loves quiet times at home with family. On his birthday, she throws him a huge party. On her birthday, he plans a quiet dinner at home with the kids. In reality, neither is happy and they are frustrated because they planned for something their spouse wasn't going to enjoy in the first place.

Back to Disney...Spending a day riding all the thrill rides may be what makes his day. Having hot dogs and beer all day long at various parts of the world may make his day. Spending the afternoon at ESPN club may make his day. While all men enjoy the results of being romantic with a woman, often times they simply put up with the MEANS to the END. Know your spouse.

Then there are those romantic guys that like all that. Again, know your spouse. Put your own needs aside and do what makes HIM happy.

So....You seeing anybody?

epop

My wife and I just celebrated our first anniversary. We made dinner reservations at the California Grill in the Contemporary Resort. When we booked the reservation they asked if we were celebrating anything and we told them it was our anniversary.

When we checked-in, they gave us the anniversary buttons. We kept forgetting to pick them up in the parks. When our table was ready it was decorated with mickey confetti, and two glasses of champagne.

Our reservation was at 8pm, we arrived a little early since the MK was closing at 8 and we wanted to see the fireworks. We were seated 15 minutes early, our waiter told us to enjoy the champagne and said if we were not in a hurry to sit back enjoy the fireworks and he would be back after they were over to take our order.

It was one of those perfect meals. When dessert came they added an extra touch. A piece of chocolate was decorated with Happy Anniversary. We became a couple of dorks and had to take a picture and email it to friends.

It was a truly romantic night with a touch of the disney magic!

Sure, there's little things you can do in Disney to make it romantic. However for us, it's just taking the time away from every day life, going for walks with the disney music in the background. Especially the Magic Kingdom, it has that kind of quality for anyone, I think.

disney4life2008

My wife and I just celebrated our first anniversary. We made dinner reservations at the California Grill in the Contemporary Resort. When we booked the reservation they asked if we were celebrating anything and we told them it was our anniversary.

When we checked-in, they gave us the anniversary buttons. We kept forgetting to pick them up in the parks. When our table was ready it was decorated with mickey confetti, and two glasses of champagne.

Our reservation was at 8pm, we arrived a little early since the MK was closing at 8 and we wanted to see the fireworks. We were seated 15 minutes early, our waiter told us to enjoy the champagne and said if we were not in a hurry to sit back enjoy the fireworks and he would be back after they were over to take our order.

It was one of those perfect meals. When dessert came they added an extra touch. A piece of chocolate was decorated with Happy Anniversary. We became a couple of dorks and had to take a picture and email it to friends.

It was a truly romantic night with a touch of the disney magic!

Would they do this for a gay couple celebrating their anniversary?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom