Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

Next Big Thing

Aren't a lot of the attractions still going to be open? Being able to experience MK in the wee hours of the night to the sunrise. THAT'S awesome. I don't need Disney to come up with extra forced cutesy entertainment in order to be entertained in the Magic Kingdom. Heck, I'd want them to do away with the dance parties if they weren't so useful at distracting other guests away from the attractions that I want to experience.
I'm not talking about "Cutesy" entertainment. Something cool i'd like to see during the event would be a 3am Festival of Fantasy or Wishes (hell, the Summer nightastic Fireworks would be cool too). DCA is showing a 3am WOC, there's no reason WDW shouldn't do something comparable.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not talking about "Cutesy" entertainment. Something cool i'd like to see during the event would be a 3am Festival of Fantasy or Wishes (hell, the Summer nightastic Fireworks would be cool too). DCA is showing a 3am WOC, there's no reason WDW shouldn't do something comparable.

Well.. the amount of staff (and type of staff) involved with a full parade vs WoC for one thing...

flynnibus

Premium Member
As stated above, DL has done Fantasmic around that time in the past. What's your excuse for no second fireworks showing?

I'm saying compare apples to apples... a parade with probably 100+ specialized cast involved is not comparable to a show ran from a control booth.

Fireworks? that's an easy one... fireworks are freaking $$$ plus all the labor to reload the show. On top of the labor, how many pyro crews do you think Disney has on staff? They can't just say "ok mr licensed, regulated pyro guy.. please work a double shift" carte blanc.. and they don't have the type of duplication in staff in those kinds of roles to the level they do attractions, etc. So it becomes a lot more expensive, and not just the shells, but who and how long you need them.

Running more fireworks shows is a pretty intensive investment. If they are willing to spend that or not, of course is a choice.

wdrive

I'm saying compare apples to apples... a parade with probably 100+ specialized cast involved is not comparable to a show ran from a control booth.

Fireworks? that's an easy one... fireworks are freaking $$$ plus all the labor to reload the show. On top of the labor, how many pyro crews do you think Disney has on staff? They can't just say "ok mr licensed, regulated pyro guy.. please work a double shift" carte blanc.. and they don't have the type of duplication in staff in those kinds of roles to the level they do attractions, etc. So it becomes a lot more expensive, and not just the shells, but who and how long you need them.

Running more fireworks shows is a pretty intensive investment. If they are willing to spend that or not, of course is a choice.

I'd say Fantasmic to a parade is a pretty good apples to apples comparison.

DisneyOutsider

Yeah I agree with this. The labor alone probably costs similar to the entire WoC show. I've never seen WoC in person, but from my vantage point it looks like it's all pre-programmed and run at the push of a button.

And honestly I see parades as cutesy entertainment, something that the kids will love and something that's neat for me to see once or twice, but I can't speak for other adults.

wdrive

Ok - but F! isn't on the table :) The complaint was DCA was doing WoC.. why can't MK do something more.

They've done an early morning Fantasmic before though. And really it's not like it would cost Disney anymore money. The performers don't get anymore money for working at 3am instead of 9pm

But then again I suppose they need to have a parade during the day so having 3am parade messes that up a bit with having performers either sitting around all night or going home then coming back so I can see where you are coming from.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But then again I suppose they need to have a parade during the day so having 3am parade messes that up a bit with having performers either sitting around all night or going home then coming back so I can see where you are coming from.

Not just performers - all the techs (where you have less duplication of roles and people in them). And most of these roles are unionized.. meaning work restrictions and maximum shift duration, back to backs, etc are all common contract elements (I have not bothered to look up Disney's contracts).

24hrs sounds cool until you realize you need 3 shifts of workers back to back to back and you have to operate the following day too :) You do start hitting staffing limits.

Jeffxz

A late night celebrate the magic would have been nice. Maybe even an extended one with multiple seasonal segments or even the old MMY show.

lunchbox1175

Could there be a chance of meeting the princes as well during the 24hr party?
Seeing as how Flynn is appearing with Rapunzel during the late night hours, and the evening is mostly Villains, I would not be surprised if they have some special characters or "Heroes" during the day time....I am seriously hoping for Hercules, but it would also make sense for the Prince's to be out as well, since they are usually Heroes as well.

GiveMeTheMusic

Seeing as how Flynn is appearing with Rapunzel during the late night hours, and the evening is mostly Villains, I would not be surprised if they have some special characters or "Heroes" during the day time....I am seriously hoping for Hercules, but it would also make sense for the Prince's to be out as well, since they are usually Heroes as well.

Hercules is at least going to be in MISCI for the "heroes" edition that day, and will be up for voting to be included in the later show.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Potter 2.0 opens in sometime in the summer. Universal hasn't released the date yet, according to MuggleNet. I sure hope Rock Your Disney and Diagon Alley aren't the same weekend. That would mean INSANE traffic.

Diagon Alley, according to a non-Mugglenet website, is rumored to open the end of June - last week or so. Just in time for every school kid on the planet to convince their parents to head to Uni. Which means Disney won't be crowded for July 4th, I hope, since I will be there.

lunchbox1175

Diagon Alley, according to a non-Mugglenet website, is rumored to open the end of June - last week or so. Just in time for every school kid on the planet to convince their parents to head to Uni. Which means Disney won't be crowded for July 4th, I hope, since I will be there.
Somehow I don't think Diagon Alley opening is going to effect the July 4th crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom