Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

Next Big Thing

I think i'm gonna go and i'll have a great time, but I just wish there was more planned to do between the hours of 1am-closing (6am). That seems to be the biggest thing lacking to me at these events. I couldn't give a rats behind about special food items (although i'm sure they would make a lot more money if they put the effort in), but that last stretch could really use more to do. It passes by because the atmosphere is just fun and the crowds are heavy, but more entertainment would be greatly appreciated.

DisneyOutsider

But you get to dance in front of the castle! ;) And watch a movie!

Aren't a lot of the attractions still going to be open? Being able to experience MK in the wee hours of the night to the sunrise. THAT'S awesome. I don't need Disney to come up with extra forced cutesy entertainment in order to be entertained in the Magic Kingdom. Heck, I'd want them to do away with the dance parties if they weren't so useful at distracting other guests away from the attractions that I want to experience.

GetAPaperBag

Aren't a lot of the attractions still going to be open? Being able to experience MK in the wee hours of the night to the sunrise. THAT'S awesome. I don't need Disney to come up with extra forced cutesy entertainment in order to be entertained in the Magic Kingdom. Heck, I'd want them to do away with the dance parties if they weren't so useful at distracting other guests away from the attractions that I want to experience.

Thank you. Couldn't agree more. If they did come up with some entertainment stuff, the same people would just complain that they're not good enough.

Kman101

Oh I agree. And I get the dance parties, I do. Kids do love them. I'm sure it makes their night or day to dance with characters, and adults seem to enjoy it as well. It's just not my thing. I think they're a bit lame (and lazy) in terms of what they call "providing entertainment" but it is what it is. Not telling anyone to not enjoy them. And no, I'm not sure what else they could offer.

The appeal to me is going on the rides and being in Disney for as long as I possibly can and to just experience a 24 hour party. And seeing characters not normally out and about, even though many are starting to be hidden from guest view unless you want to meet them and wait in a long queue.

Kman101

Thank you. Couldn't agree more. If they did come up with some entertainment stuff, the same people would just complain that they're not good enough.

It's not complaining. It's having a different opinion. Not everyone is going to love the dance parties. So why can't we say we don't?

I'm getting tired of posters jumping on others because they have a difference of opinion and they're "complaining for the sake of complaining". No. I'm not.

I'm also not just going to blindly love everything and be grateful "just because". It's not wrong to expect some higher standards and other offerings.

Disneyson

My two biggest ( rhetorical ) questions:

1. WILL THE MINE TRAIN OPEN?!?

2. I wonder what the line for Anna and Elsa's gonna be like at 5 on the morning?

And as a side note, poor Ariel and Belle, up for 24 Hours... ;)

EDIT: I'm also kind of shocked that Splash and Peter Pan get the same amount of maintenance time at the end of the day, and that Splash isn't grouped with Pirates and Mermaid. Hm.

Last edited:

rtiller

SorcererDonald16

i am staying at wilderness lodge any idea if boats start at 5:15am as well?

That's roughly the time I remember the horn waking me up last year (room was near the boat dock), but I can't tell you for certain. I'll be there too. Not leaving the Lodge until a few hours later in the morning though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom