Rock Your Disney Side - 24 hour character party at Magic Kingdom

Kman101

I think they are. It looks like the schedules posted in this thread show that, or I read it somewhere.

How crazy will the morning be? I expect crowds, of course, but I've also heard evening time it gets even worse?

PhotoDave219

So with MK opening at 6am on Friday, are they doing the welcome show at that time? I'll be very disappointed to miss the welcome show :(

Unknown at this time. Ive never been there at open on a 24 hour day.

I think they are. It looks like the schedules posted in this thread show that, or I read it somewhere.

How crazy will the morning be? I expect crowds, of course, but I've also heard evening time it gets even worse?

It will be as busy as a normal morning. The crowd will ebb and flow with the usual comings and goings throughout the day.

If I show up like at 1am, will ticket booths be open then?

Highly unlikely; The only ticket booth you'll probably find is the one at guest relations at the front of MK. TTC? no way.

Jetdoctor

Just saw the weather for Friday gonna be hot 97 for a high lets see how many can really last the day. I tell you I'm not even going till after midnight.

nenner1

I'm wondering if there will be a large possibility for phased closure at any point due to reaching capacity. Has that happened at the other 24-hour events?

DisneyFreakEst1994

I just found out that I'll actually be able to go this, but after reading this thread I'm kind of scared haha. How crowded would you all expect it to be later on in the day? I wont be up there until about 10 pm, and I'll be staying til 6am... Do you think it will be horrible?

JS2014

I see that everyone is asking about prior years but no one responded so here is my experience. We went last year in the evening and spent some time at DHS before heading over to MK. When we got there around 9:00pm or so, the lines for parking were ridiculous and the MK parking lot had reached capacity. We were redirected to the Epcot parking lot and saw that the monorail line was at least an hour wait (it was down the ramp and looped around a couple times), so we opted for the bus terminal. The ticket center buses were equally as long so we hopped on the bus to the Polynesian to take the resort monorail, which ended up saving us quite a bit of time. Once we got to the MK, we saw they had opened up the parking again ( go figure). The park was pretty packed but I don't remember having to wait insane times for the rides. We were able to do most of the things we wanted to and ended up leaving around 2am I think. Really the only thing that sticks out is just how bad it was getting in. We are still trying to decide if we want to do it again or not. I know this time to try and avoid the closing times of the other parks because it seems that a lot of people had the same idea we did, by going to another park first and then going to MK once they close.
Also I spoke to a friend who holds a decent corporate job with Disney Parks, and he said that date is specifically blacked out for him and his family. They are obviously expecting another huge turnout.

Cody5242

Last year the crowds were consistent all the way till 4 am and then it became a ghost town. I will be arriving sometime after the fireworks so that I can avoid that gridlock

Kman101

Only three quick service areas for breakfast on Friday at 6am? Seems like it'd end up being way too busy. But then I see "snacks" and more locations open at 6am, so it's sort of confusing, to be honest. And Main Street Bakery [aka Starbucks] offers breakfast sandwhiches normally so I'd think they would be listed as breakfast ...

Meh to the treats to be honest, but I still plan to enjoy the 24 hour party.

MissM

Love has to work Friday (of course) and I'm trying to convince him we should head out in the evening but I don't think he's buying it. :( I mean just because he gets up for work at 5:30am and then working 8 hours shouldn't exclude the possibility of then driving over an hour to Disney and hanging out until 2am or so, right? :p I love MK at night and I'd love to be there late. This would totally be my kind of thing but...like I said, I doubt Love is going to be up for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom