Rock N Rollercoaster question?

JBLRulz

Original Poster
Ok I go back to Disney World in August and I'm finally gonna work up the courage to ride Rock N Rollercoaster. I've never been upside down on a coaster before so i was just wondering if somebody could tell me what it feels like. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

JohnLocke

It's all in the dark and way too short, but a lot of fun. You really can't tell you're going upside down for the most part, outside the first loop after the take off, and even that's not bad.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Do a forward roll on your living room floor and tell me what it feels like to be upside down - you can't, its over that quick you can't register what it feels like. Its just the same (almost)

NORMNB8S

It happens so fast. You'll feel it and you'll know that you're upside down but by the time it registers that you're upside down, you're already through the loop and moving on. You'll have a great time! Go for it!

Andrew54

Just make yourself get into the car and it will be over before you know it. You will enjoy the ride once it gets going.

Dads 2 Boys

Don't worry too much about it......I know it's easier said than done. Like everyone else says, it's hard to explain cuz ur not upside down too long. My tip would be to focus on the music and the surroundings and you will get off the ride feeling like a million bucks wanting to ride it again!!!!

Good luck!!! :wave:

Prince-1

I've been trying for the past few visits to DHS to get my wife on RnR. Every time she says she's going on then backs out. Now you have to understand that she was a proud card carrying member of the Chicken Club and did not want to go on RnR due to the loops. Well she was finally shamed by her kids into going on it and after much screaming and a few near pre-ride exits made it on the ride and LOVED IT. The loops barely registered in her mind. Since then she has burned her card and has gone numerous roller coasters.

MillerPoppins

I was absolutely terrified the first time I got on it. I have to say it is now one of my favorite rides now. It's so much fun, the ride is so smooth and it's just a ton of fun.

gwhb75

My DW hates all rollercoasters, but will go on everything at Disney no problem. You'll like the ride. Upside down doesn't really feel like much (have you been on Expedition Everest? Going upsidedown feels similar to the feeling you get going backwards up the hill in the mountain).

itsmagical

I went to Disney a few years ago with a large group of people, we were all in line to ride Rock N Rollercoaster and one girl was in tears because of how scared she was. Only a few of us had ever done it, and we all kept assuring her that she'd love it. We were able to get her on the ride and she sat near the front, when the ride was over she jumped out of the vechicle and ran over to us with the biggest smile on her face. She loved it!

SeaCastle

I'm not a coaster person in any way, shape, or form (and as a matter of fact almost skipped out on the ride when I saw that first coaster train rocket off) but after I was on the ride I had the time of my life, easily one of my favorite rides at the parks.

Future Guy

I'm very coaster-phobic, but after much prodding my my wife and some of our friends, I sucked it up and rode RnR last weekend. I haven't ridden a "real" coaster since 1996 (I did Goofy's Barnstormer this spring, but that doesn't really count) and since so many people enjoy them, I thought perhaps I was being unreasonable. Maybe I would love it! Here's a picture of me after the ride:

CIMG0028.JPG

No, I'm not having a protein spill, I'm kissing the ground. I did feel rather wobbly and nauseous for about an hour afterward, though. I wish I could enjoy coasters like everybody else, but I guess I'm just not wired that way.

swrtrr

You'll be fine, unless it gets stuck on the first loop upside down :eek:. Just kidding. It'll happen so fast you won't even know it happened.

emporiumgirl06

I didnt like rollercoasters at all till I started my college program working for the mouse. Rockin was one of the first rides I went on, and I loved rollercoasters ever since! You are going by so fast you dont even really notice that you have flipped at the begining. You flip later in the ride, but like I said, so fast and fun you dont really notice it. You will get off the ride and wanna do it again! Guarentee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom