Rock N Roller coaster starring ...?

yodathefrog

Like an earlier poster said...Gotta be U2. Imagine riding to Vertigo (perfect), Where the Streets Have no Name, Elevation, Beautiful Day, Pride (In the Name of Love).......

Halfling418

Aerosmith and only Aerosmith.

As much as I love U2, Aerosmith is one of the only bands that has catchy tunes, yet at the same time is wild enough for a coaster like that. I'm so so so so so glad it's not the Rolling Stones. Not that I hate them, but when I heard about this ride for the first time, I positively squealed at the thought of The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith. If it was the Stones, I would have said, "Mmhm, that's cool."

But I'm probably biased, having worshiped Aerosmith for years. Tee hee.

Boo's Mom

Metallica-"give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire! FUEL" (then it takes off!!)

I know I know! Backstreet Boys! :lookaroun

dxwwf3

objr said:
Why just one band? Change the theme...drop the studio thing...make it a tribute to ROCK...never the same song each ride...

I think that idea is best. And change the theme on the inside to that of DLP's version with a lightshow from a music video. They could have 5 songs from different bands and put one in each train.

Count me in as another who is glad that the Rolling Stones wanted too much money. I like Aerosmith alot better and I think they fit perfectly.

cjb-nc

I would hate for them to change it from Aerosmith.

That said, I think Queen would have made a good choice.

And if they wanted a funky Euro-band, then I gotta go with Yello. No, not the "Oh Yeah" song that everyone knows from Ferris Beuhler, etc. Somthing harder like Domingo (which would *never* fly in a family park), or The Race, or some other tracks off the Flag album.

Brent

NemoRocks said:
I'll second that vote...it'd be great to hear 'Power of Love' on the coaster....
Too bad that won't happen since its attached to the BTTF ride at universal.
These are some great ideas. I think going w/ 5 diferent bands would work well. A good way to do this is span time w/ the 5 bands from classic rock to todays rock. Imagine not knowing if you were going to hear a Aerosmith,Red Hot Chil Pepers,U2,Guns & Roses,or Linkin Park. As time goes on they could even change the songs/bands in the ride to keep it fresh. This could give R&RC an even longer lasting power then it would have w/ just staying w/ Aerosmith.
:cool:
PS Why didn't I think of Hanson or BSB lol

dizneeboy

BRER STITCH said:
I'm pretty bored at work today, so I actually put some thought into this...

The R+R Coaster would actually be really good with BEACH BOYS and/or JAN and DEAN style music.

Close your eyes and picture this:

(MIKE LOVE from the Beach Boys): Hey guys, com'on! We gotta get to the beach while the waves are still totally awesome!

Then....imagine taking off to "SURFIN' SAFARI" or maybe even "WIPE OUT"!

WOOHOO! :sohappy:

Add a few giant "waves" and some surf boards and they gopt a whole new ride without much effort or cost.

The funny thing is....they could probably actually get the Beach Boys to make the preshow for pretty cheap!

At the end of the ride, the gift shop is all Disney Hawaiian shirts and stuff.

FUN FUN FUN!

I think this would be a better theme for DCA. There was a rumor of RnRC going in there at some point and that would fit in with the California theme.

Disneyfan1981

If Rockin Rollercoaster goes into DCA they should use Van Halen. Imagine it: You start out entering the studio with the original members then as you load an Announcement: David Lee has left the band. You take off and see an animatronic of Sammy Joining, hear some great VH music again but then oh Sammy left too, now Gary after a couple of loops now its the false VH reunion! Then by the end of the ride the announcement: Band has broken up. :lol:

Woody13

I See a Big Surfer Dude Rumble!

brich said:
That's a very painful way of putting it. :lol: I'm so glad Disney "settled for Aerosmith". Quite frankly, a lot of cool bands have been mentioned but I just can't imagine any other band than Aerosmith for this ride.
Yes it is rather painful but it's true. Disney has to live within budgets. They don't have unlimited money for licensing fees. Frankly, I think they could have done a better job with Rock n Rollercoaster if they had themed it to Rock n' Roll in general and just played a bunch of Rock music from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's. Just stay away from the "major" rock artists (Elvis, Beatles, Stones, etc.) and concentrate instead on the thousands of "one hit wonders". They could play that kind of music all day and all night for "chump change". Heck with Aerosmith they only have the rights to play 6 of their songs!

BRER STITCH said:
Close your eyes and picture this:

(MIKE LOVE from the Beach Boys): Hey guys, com'on! We gotta get to the beach while the waves are still totally awesome!

Then....imagine taking off to "SURFIN' SAFARI" or maybe even "WIPE OUT"!

WOOHOO! :sohappy:

Add a few giant "waves" and some surf boards and they gopt a whole new ride without much effort or cost.

The funny thing is....they could probably actually get the Beach Boys to make the preshow for pretty cheap!

At the end of the ride, the gift shop is all Disney Hawaiian shirts and stuff.

FUN FUN FUN!

I closed my eyes and saw the Beach Boys in a big fight with the Surfaris. The Surfaris out of Glendale, CA wrote and sang "Wipe Out".

GoofBall06

I couldn't imagine another band besides Aerosmith for this attraction. Walk This Way, to me, fits in sooo perfectly with theme as walking into the line. I LOVE this attraction! lol i hope they never change Aerosmith.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
How about Rockin Roller Coaster starring Michael Jackson......the theme could be you are trying to get your teenage son away from MJ...... :lookaroun

Sorry McBrzz, didnt see your post.... :wave:

Narthex

PhilharMagician said:
Rockin Roller Coaster Starring "KISS". Detroit Rock City!!

Yeah I would have to agree...Detroit Rock City would be a perfect song for the ride. Rock n Roll All Night. Yeah

Christina

PINK FLOYD.... "Hello? Is there anybody out there?" Ahaha, but that would never happen because BESIDES being the absolute GREATEST band in the entire UNVIERSE, they're too political... but I just felt I needed to say them to give them kudos.

ROLLING STONES of course. Rolling Stones are the picture perfect rock stars... sexy (well back then, I dunno Mick Jagger's still pretty cute) and with incredible talent. Queen would of been fantastic too, although Freddy's voice might of been hard to fit with the current theme and the whole limo theme....

Errm lets think, Led Zeppelin would be pretty good also...

But you know what... I'm fine with Areosmith. I saw them play in Toronto and they are an incredible band with incredible stage prescence... I like the current version.

GSpiff

I think everyone's missing the most obvious choice for this ride....Rock 'N' Rollercoaster starring....Bjork.

Actually, I wouldn't mind it with a band like Bon Jovi

mkepcotmgmak

I always thought that the Red Hot Chili Pepper's version of "Rollercoaster of Love" would have been GREAT! if you listen to the first few seconds, you can totally tell where the launch would be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom