Rock N Roller coaster starring ...?

GIR

Account Suspended
Bey Bey 24 64 89 dey should be band since theyre soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! :kiss: :slurp: :sohappy: :)

BRER STITCH

Woody13 said:
I closed my eyes and saw the Beach Boys in a big fight with the Surfaris. The Surfaris out of Glendale, CA wrote and sang "Wipe Out".

So....you're telling us you don't think the song "WIPE OUT" is the Beach Boys STYLE of music I was posting about?

Interesting.

Not sure anyone was asking for a clarification, but thanks for the info!

:rolleyes:

awallaceunc

Big Aerosmith fan here, so add my name to the list of people glad that the deal with Rolling Stones fell through. Aero is PERFECT for the attraction. The only other band that I can imagine fitting in to the ride as it is now is Maroon 5. They have a similar feel to Aerosmith (rock with jazz/funk elements), but they are "now" whereas Aerosmith is more "classic" while still being present in the "now." So while M5 might come close to fitting the theme, there's really no replacement for Aerosmith in the Rock 'N Rollercoaster.

-Aaron

Woody13

BRER STITCH said:
So....you're telling us you don't think the song "WIPE OUT" is the Beach Boys STYLE of music I was posting about?

Interesting.

Not sure anyone was asking for a clarification, but thanks for the info!

:rolleyes:
Well, please understand that STYLE doesn't really enter into the matter unless it suits your purpose to change the subject. I bet the Disney design people would just love to work with a blank check, but, they can't. For your idea, they'd have to work out a licensing agreement and I can tell you that Brian Wilson would never allow Wipe Out to be included in the mix. That's why I said before it's better to ignore these "rock stars" and instead stick with the backbone of rock music, the one hit wonders such as Toni Basil (just one example out of thousands!).

P.S. Wipe Out is not Beach Boys style of music.:kiss:

BRER STITCH

Woody13 said:
Well, please understand that STYLE doesn't really enter into the matter unless it suits your purpose to change the subject. I bet the Disney design people would just love to work with a blank check, but, they can't. For your idea, they'd have to work out a licensing agreement and I can tell you that Brian Wilson would never allow Wipe Out to be included in the mix. That's why I said before it's better to ignore these "rock stars" and instead stick with the backbone of rock music, the one hit wonders such as Toni Basil (just one example out of thousands!).

P.S. Wipe Out is not Beach Boys style of music.:kiss:

Oh WOODY..... :brick:

You made a mistake and I'm calling you on it.

"STYLE" was already part of the matter before your selective editing of my original post removed it in YOUR effort to change the subject. You missed my Jan and Dean reference altogether by cutting off the first line of the original post. OOPS! :eek:

With ALL Beach Boys music or NO Beach Boys music, my suggestion of that STYLE of music is, in my opinion, still a pretty good one. Most folks I know don't have too much difficulty when it comes to identifying "surf music"...which is what the "style" is.

In MY opinion,WIPE OUT falls very well within the definition of "Beach Boys STYLE" of music...along with Jan and Dean, etc...

For ANY new music a licensing agreement would need to be signed... Be it with a One-hit Wonder or a Mega-Star.

Have fun on your Toni Basil "Oh so Fine" Coaster of Thrills! :lol:

:kiss: back at ya!

Foolish Mortal

Ellajoan said:
I've just been to MGM with some first timers, and they were curious as to why Aerosmith was chosen for the ride. My feeling is that they have a lot of universal appeal, good songs to complement the ride, wide fan base, etc. Which begs the question, if Aerosmith were not the featured band, who would be a good band for this ride?

:eek: covers ears running around hysterically..nonononono im not hearing this nonononono :eek: I know you posted this as a what if type question, but I just cant imagine the ride without my boys. What a perfect fit, being in WDW and being able to get on a ride featuring my all time favorite band. Even better now that the courtyard plays all Aero all the time. Long live the mighty Aerosmith.

Woody13

BRER STITCH said:
Oh WOODY..... :brick:

You made a mistake and I'm calling you on it.

"STYLE" was already part of the matter before your selective editing of my original post removed it in YOUR effort to change the subject. You missed my Jan and Dean reference altogether by cutting off the first line of the original post. OOPS! :eek:

With ALL Beach Boys music or NO Beach Boys music, my suggestion of that STYLE of music is, in my opinion, still a pretty good one. Most folks I know don't have too much difficulty when it comes to identifying "surf music"...which is what the "style" is.

In MY opinion,WIPE OUT falls very well within the definition of "Beach Boys STYLE" of music...along with Jan and Dean, etc...
May I point out to you that the Beach Boys were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988. They were not inducted because of their "Surf Music". Jan & Dean have not and will not ever be inducted to the R&R Hall of Fame. Same goes for the Surfaris.

BRER STITCH said:
For ANY new music a licensing agreement would need to be signed... Be it with a One-hit Wonder or a Mega-Star.
The difference is mega-bucks verses chump-change.

BRER STITCH said:
Have fun on your Toni Basil "Oh so Fine" Coaster of Thrills! :lol:

:kiss: back at ya!
Oh Brer Stitch, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Brer Stitch, hey Brer Stitch!:sohappy:

mkepcotmgmak

SirGoofy said:
Either Van Halen or KISS...

Although the Numa Numa kid is a tempting idea...

THAT's THE BEST IDEA I'VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME! We gotta get that Numa Numa kid to start doing his song for more attractions at WDW!

Country Bear Jamboree, The Enchanted Tiki Room, forget Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow... Let's go with Numa Numa on EVERYTHING!

BRER STITCH

Woody13 said:
May I point out to you that the Beach Boys were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988. They were not inducted because of their "Surf Music". Jan & Dean have not and will not ever be inducted to the R&R Hall of Fame. Same goes for the Surfaris.

The difference is mega-bucks verses chump-change.

Oh Brer Stitch, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Brer Stitch, hey Brer Stitch!:sohappy:

WOOHOO! :sohappy:

When the WOODY DAMAGE CONTROL TEAM is out in full force, it can only mean one thing.....SPIN CITY!!! :lol:

Has the subject changed AGAIN to Hall of Fame nominees???

No worries... and I DID laugh out loud at the last line!

:wave:

Computer Magic

Woody13 said:
Disney wanted the Rolling Stones for the attraction but they couldn't agree on a contract (the Stones wanted too much money). So, they ended up having to settle for Aerosmith because they were much less expensive.
They both have been around for decades so they cover different generations, which is a smart move. For me it's not settling for less as I perfer Aerosmith. I couldn't imagine hitting that loop lisenting to the Stones.

I do remember this topic before and I found it quite interesting. But keep Aerosmith.

Bosoxfan

What about Eddie Murphy and "I want to party all the time"
or Corey Hart and "i wear my sunglasses at night."
Think of the themeing. :animwink:

mkepcotmgmak

you are all wrong!

Tiny Tim, the ukelele guy, would be perfect! They could take out all the Hollywood props, and fill the room with tulips as we "Tip-toe Through the Tulips" with Tiny Time! :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom