Rock N Roller coaster starring ...?

Glasgow

Guns and Roses all the way ... "You Could be Mine" playing before the launch sequence, then right when it reaches the climax of the beginning guitar part, hold on! (although this song is associated with Universal/Terminator 2, so it probably wouldn't be used!)

Did someone say Kenny G? hehe

Kisser

Who else?

KISS of course! The biggest show on Earth, maybe with some flames and pretend fireworks inside the ride too!!!!!!!

dave2822

MissionSpaceFan said:
But, if it did come down to aerosmith being taken off (Nooo!!!), I'd Go with Guns N Roses. I WOuld Love To See Slash In the Pre Show. Haha.

Yes, that would be a fine replacement for me! Taking off during the solo to 'Sweet Child O' Mine' would be well ... sweet.

However, I am glad that Aerosmith was chosen for the attraction. Bands like Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, and U2 (all considered for the attraction) have a few main, essential things in common:

1. Rock n' Roll (sort of a must, wouldn't you say?)
2. Timeless (They are almost inhuman, never fade, you can always trust they will be there)
3. Well-known and Wide Appeal of Audience (because they've been around so long, they have a large fan base, stemming from all ages, and even those who aren't necessarily fans know who they are)

So hey, even though they were the 3rd choice, turned out to be the best fit.

lamarvenoy

But what about Punk Rock? Hey Kevin I've seen 2 of the 3 bands you listed live. I've been to a ton of Hardcore-Punk-Death Metal shows in my time but you forgot one of my all time favorites SLAYER. If I ever transfer it over to digital I'll send you a scene from Big brother's video number 2. SLAYER VISITS DISNEYLAND its insane, the guys from Slayer visit Disney with some pro skaters and the park will never be the same. sing it with me ANGEL OF DEATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

awallaceunc

From what I know of U2's music (just the radio stuff, which is probably what they'd use), they don't strike me as the rockiest of rock groups. I think the ride would lose some of its adrynaline. ...Not a jab at U2, I just don't see them as a good fit.

-Aaron

1disneydood

This topic can raise millions of possibilities. If only they could have a playlist of hundreds for each car to vote on. Skindred, Mushroomhead, Mudvayne, StaticX, Metallica, we could go on for ever with this topic. :lol:

Dr.Seeker

Disneyfan1981 said:
If Rockin Rollercoaster goes into DCA they should use Van Halen. Imagine it: You start out entering the studio with the original members then as you load an Announcement: David Lee has left the band. You take off and see an animatronic of Sammy Joining, hear some great VH music again but then oh Sammy left too, now Gary after a couple of loops now its the false VH reunion! Then by the end of the ride the announcement: Band has broken up. :lol:

I heard rumours that the TOT was going to be called the "Hotel California (Such a lovely place....)

My vote goes to either Wylde Ratts (TV EYE) or The Black Keys (Just cos I love em)

donvincenzo

Question, what would happen if one of the band members died?
Would they feature the same preshow video that has that deceased band member, or make a new video? Or would they pick an entirely new band? Just curious what everyone's thoughts were.

dixiegirl

objr said:
Why just one band? Change the theme...drop the studio thing...make it a tribute to ROCK...never the same song each ride...

No?

Ok...how about the Mickey Mouse Club then?

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E......*swooooooooooooooooooosh*

:lookaroun

(anyone know when the contract expires?)

that was my thoughts exactly.....kinda change it ..like tower of terror changes the sequence of their drops..

awallaceunc

donvincenzo said:
Question, what would happen if one of the band members died?
Would they feature the same preshow video that has that deceased band member, or make a new video? Or would they pick an entirely new band? Just curious what everyone's thoughts were.

I don't think they would change it. At the most, they might alter the pre-show, since it's supposed to seem "live," but they might not even do that. There would probably be some sort of dedication somewhere, though. But let's hope that doesn't happen anytime soon!

In other Aerosmith news, I wish they would go on tour! :fork:

-Aaron

zone15int

The Who would be great!! Imagine sitting and waiting for the coaster to launch to the sound of the synth intro to "Won't Get Fooled Again." The loud guitar chord and scream from the middle of the song while launched and going through that loop. OH BOY!!

Dr.Seeker

What about the "Iraq n' Rollercoaster". You enter the oval office with Dubya, Condaleeza and Gore, "Hey dudes we're gonna be late for the G8 summit" You take off in a 60 MPH motercade through the Lincoln Memorial, reflecting pool and Washington monument. Sounds good eh? Would go well in the America Area of World showcase actually.

Neptune

Nice thread bump :)

Stay with aerosmith. They just have that "Hard enough rock for a roller coaster but Goes good while zooming upside down" Theme. :lol:

DisneyWood

Milli Vanilli?

What about the famous lip synchers? We can set the scene for a concert, where we were back stage with them, then suddenly the record skips and they were busted in front of 20,000 angry fans.

The fans rush the stage and we are quickly ushered into the waiting limo outside to escape the irate fans.

(Yes, I was a fan) :cry:

MKBurn15

Green Day! They could play Welcome to Paradise! or Minority. But minority has some words that Disney frowns upon. I've heard that if you attempt to say one of those words in the magic kingdom, it turns to Pixie Dust!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom