Rock N Roller coaster starring ...?

BRER STITCH

I'm pretty bored at work today, so I actually put some thought into this...

The R+R Coaster would actually be really good with BEACH BOYS and/or JAN and DEAN style music.

Close your eyes and picture this:

(MIKE LOVE from the Beach Boys): Hey guys, com'on! We gotta get to the beach while the waves are still totally awesome!

Then....imagine taking off to "SURFIN' SAFARI" or maybe even "WIPE OUT"!

WOOHOO! :sohappy:

Add a few giant "waves" and some surf boards and they gopt a whole new ride without much effort or cost.

The funny thing is....they could probably actually get the Beach Boys to make the preshow for pretty cheap!

At the end of the ride, the gift shop is all Disney Hawaiian shirts and stuff.

FUN FUN FUN!

DisneySam

For me the Aerosmith music blaring is one of my favorite parts of the ride. If they changed it I would be heart broken.

Although, GNR would be great too, Paradise City...Welcome to the Jungle...

slappy magoo

The thing of it is, it had to be a group that had been around for a while. For all the complaints Disney gets about Future World seeming antiquated and less-than-cutting-edge, you can only imagine if, when they designed the coaster, they set it up with a flavor-of-the-month type band that no one remembers now. "Hey, come on, we gotta get to Hootie & the Blowfish's big show!"

Aerosmith was a good choice because, like the Stones, they have a "broad enough" appeal. There are people who love Aerosmith, and people who can take or leave Aerosmith. You don't find many people who flat-out loathe the band with a passion. U2 would've been an interesting choice, but they never would've done it. Even if they thought the idea was cute, Bono would've freaked that doing it would've ruined his "street cred" with the UN. :lookaroun

I'm kinda of the opinion that they should rework the concept to NOT include an actual band. Maybe something like a fictional band is trying to get to a big-shot record exec to hand over their demo while he's on his way to a charity event. Get some comics to act like big-haired metal boneheads. HEY! Spinal Tap! Nothing goes right for those guys anyway! THAT'S the concept!" "Hello, Los Angeles!"
"Uh, guys? We're in the wrong arena."
"Hey, fools! Get off the court!"
"Sorry, Shaquille. Say hi to Ryan for me."
"Guys, what are we gonna do?"

Then someone pulls up in a limo, they steal it, tell us to follow them, and away we go.

Sure, they can't play Big Bottom or S E X Farm, but then again, there are some risque songs from Aerosmith that are unusable at WDW, too.

DisJosh

Van Halen couldn't have been far from the imagineers minds. In Disneyland the refurbed version of Space Mt. is supposed to transform at night into "Rock It Mountain" featuring Van Halen. :lookaroun

Shaman

Why just one band? Change the theme...drop the studio thing...make it a tribute to ROCK...never the same song each ride...

No?

Ok...how about the Mickey Mouse Club then?

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E......*swooooooooooooooooooosh*

:lookaroun

(anyone know when the contract expires?)

brich

Woody13 said:
Disney wanted the Rolling Stones for the attraction but they couldn't agree on a contract (the Stones wanted too much money). So, they ended up having to settle for Aerosmith because they were much less expensive.
That's a very painful way of putting it. :lol: I'm so glad Disney "settled for Aerosmith". Quite frankly, a lot of cool bands have been mentioned but I just can't imagine any other band than Aerosmith for this ride. It just wouldn't be the same in my opinion. I can visualize Ozzy belting out Crazy Train but then I visualize Ozzy and the whole ride just turns into Indy Speedway... :lookaroun

KYfriedPanda

Phish... imagine people on THAT ride... "dude... this roller coaster is like... dude... it's... moving... and everything is so GREEEEEEN..." And it would guarantee a lot of money being spent at snackbars next to the ride ;-)

MichelleBelle

I like the GNR idea!! I'd definately pick them over Aerosmith... I'm also a huge NIN and Metallica fan... those would be my dream bands for the ride, but both are completely unsuitable for WDW. I think Aerosmith's music is a perfect fit though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom