Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and WDI Partner on Jungle Cruise Updates

SSG

This would be the perfect Rock AA:

giphy.gif

NobodyElse

While I think the Jungle Cruise could use a re-imagining, a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson AA isn't what I had in mind.

Whatever they do, they better leave the elephant bathing pool alone.

Just to be clear, no person in authority has proposed "a Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson AA", correct? (Or did I miss something?)

NobodyElse

(RE: the AA) What would somewhat make sense would depend on the script/plot, wouldn't it? If the film revolves around a group of travelers on a boat that encounter wild animals, natives, and "The Rock", then I guess the AA would fit. If the film features him as a skipper or passenger, it wouldn't so much.

Or they could mimic the Indiana Jones premise and The Rock AA could could warn us tourists not to go down that dangerous river. I hope that's not the case.

Californian Elitist

So just because Adventureland today doesn't have heavy Polynesian themes, doesn't mean it can't in the future. This is the whole point I'm trying to make. Why not bring more Polynesian themes and other themes from the Oceania regions into Adventureland. In other Magic Kingdom parks where space is not an issue, sure they can build new attractions. But in DLR where space is limited, they either have to add into already existing attractions or rip out something to build something new.

So in my opinion if they are going to update JC, I rather have a Maui AA rather than a Rock AA.

I never said Adventureland can't have a heavy Polynesian theme. I said it currently DOES NOT have a heavy Polynesian theme. I even said I would be FOR an expansion for the Polynesian aspect of Adventureland.

A Maui AA in the Jungle Cruise doesn't make sense, especially in comparison to the possibility of an AA of Dwayne Johnson's character from the upcoming Jungle Cruise film going into the ride. Maui has nothing to do with Jungle Cruise, however an AA from the actual Jungle Cruise movie does (maybe). Maui would thematically make more sense in the Tiki Room, the acttraction with the actual Polynesian theme.

yookeroo

[
I think there is a big difference putting an AA of a celebrity as opposed to putting an animated character in a ride. Celebrities are people. You have to read about their drunken spectacles and affairs and then float by them on an attraction. Not right.

I'd imagine a Rock AA ( which isn't even a rumor at this point) would be based on his movie character.

I don't like this idea. But a lot would depend on the quality of the movie itself and exactly how they'd integrate him. But then I like Sparrow in the POTC. And think he's well integrated.

Not me. All of those muscles scare me.

So Thor muscles are ok but not real ones? I guess Iger isn't much of a weight lifter.

Yeah, isn't Thor more muscular than the Rock? And King Triton ain't no wimp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom