Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and WDI Partner on Jungle Cruise Updates

Phroobar

Dairy air?

EDIT: lol safe!
giphy.gif

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Original Poster
I never said Adventureland can't have a heavy Polynesian theme. I said it currently DOES NOT have a heavy Polynesian theme. I even said I would be FOR an expansion for the Polynesian aspect of Adventureland.

A Maui AA in the Jungle Cruise doesn't make sense, especially in comparison to the possibility of an AA of Dwayne Johnson's character from the upcoming Jungle Cruise film going into the ride. Maui has nothing to do with Jungle Cruise, however an AA from the actual Jungle Cruise movie does (maybe). Maui would thematically make more sense in the Tiki Room, the acttraction with the actual Polynesian theme.
This is all speculation at this point so it doesn't even matter right now. I'm sure if this becomes more of a reality there will be indications of how and what JC updates will entail. Plans will likely even leak just like all recent projects.

As for Maui in JC, it could make thematic sense if they expanded the regions the JC covered.

Also Maui is already represented in the Tiki Room preshow. So unless Disney has a plan to rip out the Tiki Gods (you know the ones the show is about) in the preshow just to put in a Maui AA. I don't think that will work no matter how thematically valid it might be.

Kiwiduck

Did WDW Magic just edit the word *****?

Okay, if nothing else interesting happens in May, this will be enough.

EDIT: IT DID EDIT THE WORD F A N N Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is a mildly rude word where I come from and in many other places too! It refers to a different part of the anatomy than it does in the US.The same general area but specific to females if you get my drift ;)

Californian Elitist

This is all speculation at this point so it doesn't even matter right now. I'm sure if this becomes more of a reality there will be indications of how and what JC updates will entail. Plans will likely even leak just like all recent projects.

As for Maui in JC, it could make thematic sense if they expanded the regions the JC covered.

Also Maui is already represented in the Tiki Room preshow. So unless Disney has a plan to rip out the Tiki Gods (you know the ones the show is about) in the preshow just to put in a Maui AA. I don't think that will work no matter how thematically valid it might be.

Okay.

Kman101

This has sort of already been shot down ... but who knows? I'd rather they leave all the Jungle Cruises alone

And personally I prefer WDW's Jingle Cruise. I get the point is junky Christmas decor spilled everywhere but it's a little too much at Disneyland's. I think WDW's is the perfect balance, but that's me.

GiveMeTheMusic

This has sort of already been shot down ... but who knows? I'd rather they leave all the Jungle Cruises alone

And personally I prefer WDW's Jingle Cruise. I get the point is junky Christmas decor spilled everywhere but it's a little too much at Disneyland's. I think WDW's is the perfect balance, but that's me.

Shot down by Disney corporate, the same people who swore up and down that Tower of Terror at DCA wasn't closing/changing?

Just saying - if Disney's mouth is moving, they're usually lying.

WEDwaydatamover

Being from Florida I usually envy Disneylanders because TDA usually goes all the way with a rehab or update while more often than not I wonder when do we get ours???

I'm hoping that TDO does what they do best and half a##es this horrible idea.

Rich T

I love Jungle Cruise, but change is part of its tradition. I'm hoping they leave the Elephant Bathing Pool, The Veldt, The Lost Safari and the Hippos. Everything else on the ride could use an update/change. I'll actually be thrilled if they get rid of the Headhunters and Trader Sam completely. The adventure should end with something thrilling, not the weakest scenes on the ride. The Hong Kong version ends with fire, smoke and things going boom. That'd be okey-dokey

mickEblu

I love Jungle Cruise, but change is part of its tradition. I'm hoping they leave the Elephant Bathing Pool, The Veldt, The Lost Safari and the Hippos. Everything else on the ride could use an update/change. I'll actually be thrilled if they get rid of the Headhunters and Trader Sam completely. The adventure should end with something thrilling, not the weakest scenes on the ride. The Hong Kong version ends with fire, smoke and things going boom. That'd be okey-dokey

I think that The elephant bathing pool, hippos, and Veldt are untouchable. Although I wouldn't mind a refresh of the latter two (better AAs etc.) and maybe the elephant pool too but I'd be scared at losing some of the charm. Everything else isn't very memorable for me for whatever reason.

Just making sure, Is the scene with lion, zebras, hyenas, rhino etc what you refer to as the veldt?

Also, what scene is the lost safari? Is that the gorillas or monkeys?

EDIT: Trader Sam is memorable too. Forgot about him. (Wait...that doesn't make sense)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Get rid/upgrade those lame piranhas.

Though they're iconic, the jerky hippos that look like they might be made of paper mache are equally as corny.

I know this isn't a popular idea, but if I were prioritizing attractions to refresh/redo/remove at DL I'd put the Tiki Room ahead of The Jungle Cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom