Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to be Re-Themed?

Chris767

Darn, when you said it was gonna be a tv series I was thinking something more adult-centric like The Mandalorian coming to D+, but now it looks like if the new Rocketeer show will re-skin anything it’ll be a dance party lol.

Movielover

Unfortunately, the new Rocketeer demographic doesn't meet the ride system:

giphy.gif

aw14

I would love to see a Cars (works with the lightening McQueen show), Monsters Inc, or Incredibles.

I think the idea of a Monster's Inc door coaster would be the most exciting imo, and as much as I love the existing ride, I do think its kind of stale. I was there last Wednesday, and was happy to miss the majority of the pre show

SaintsDivide

Why do people keep insisting that money be spent to re-theme this? It is a great coaster with an ok theme that draws in massive crowds. Do we really want a ride to go down in DHS right now and money be spent not increasing capacity?
I think the ride has to be re-themed. People mentioned that the RRC contract was coming to an end soon. Disney can't use Aerosmith if they don't have the rights.

Bleed0range

Could they not take the Aerosmith bit out and have it as simply RRC?

On my last trip they didn't even have the pre show in use and simply had the doors opened into the back alley.

I suppose if you want the ride to become something kind of pathetic like what you describe... no pre-show and become some kind of generic “Rock and roll” ride.

Either it stays Aerosmith or gets a re-theme but what you suggests just sounds sad.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why do people keep insisting that money be spent to re-theme this? It is a great coaster with an ok theme that draws in massive crowds. Do we really want a ride to go down in DHS right now and money be spent not increasing capacity?

Not everyone loves Aerosmith. I know! ¡Lo scandalo!

Also, with the announced and very aggressive effort to put Disney IP everywhere on the part of the Disney company, we're all expecting it to happen anyway. This is just our way of saying that if it's gotta change to a Disney IP, what would be the best fit.

Bleed0range

If Aerosmith is gone I honestly rather see the whole thing removed than a retheme no one asked for. Disney’s track record leaves a lot to be desired.

There’s a thought. Just get rid of it and put something else there? I am not so in love with the coaster that I would be upset. If the thing replacing it was good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom