News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

MrPromey

I have literally no idea who Electric Mayhem is so they kind’ve must’ve aged.
I doubt they've aged a day. ;)

The_Electric_Mayhem.jpg

DisneyCane

Their “farewell” tour was supposed to be their 50th anniversary tour which was delayed due to Covid and Steven Tyler’s relapse. Shouldn’t have an impact on the ride.
Once the farewell tour ends (if it is truly the final tour unlike the 17 KISS farewell tours) then the ride story won't make sense. There won't be any concert to have backstage passes to or need a "really fast car" to make on time!

scrozier73

Once the farewell tour ends (if it is truly the final tour unlike the 17 KISS farewell tours) then the ride story won't make sense. There won't be any concert to have backstage passes to or need a "really fast car" to make on

Once the farewell tour ends (if it is truly the final tour unlike the 17 KISS farewell tours) then the ride story won't make sense. There won't be any concert to have backstage passes to or need a "really fast car" to make on time!
Hopefully Aerosmith doesnt do a farewell tour every 3 years like other bands lol. Farewell means bye bye but everything is about the all mighty dollar. If bands have any interest in leaving the door open to tours years later the tour should be called farewell (for now) tour lol. Motley crew is now doing more shows after supposedly calling it quits along with other bands. I am sure if the guys are in good health Aerosmith will have a reunion tour in a few years to make the money back they blew being off lol. As for the ride who knows what Disney will decide. I love the aerosmith theme but I also would be happy seeing it transform into a new band or even a multiple band theme with all kinds of rock music. U2 would be a cool theme. Could do a Irish town theme traveling thru the streets of Dublin on the way to a U2 gig. Or do a british themed one flying through the streets of London to get to Wembley for a queen show with adam Lambert. Tons of ideas to redo ride.

zipadee999

If they don’t want to pick a new band to replace Aerosmith, they could make the theme a little more timeless. Keep the 70s LA rock aesthetic, but reverse the rolls. Flip it so YOU are the rockstar and they need to get you to your gig across town. Enter the Super stretch limo. This would make the red carpet at the exit make a bit more sense. The audio could become more of a ‘greatest hits’ from that era. Boom. Timeless!

zipadee999

Then you get into licensing a ton of different songs from different artists. We'd end up having 3-6 songs, like GotG.
Guardians was my initial thought behind that idea actually. They could remix a handful of songs and randomize which ones played, just like the current ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom