News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

ppete1975

Id rather change it to music from movies, or disney animation and have the ride be a like a movie trailer/music video you go through or classic animation.

BTW with all this talk about queen, look up george michael somebody to love.

sedati

I'm all for a Queen overlay:

"You say black, I say white
You say bark, I say bite
You say shark, I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars"

Would this be considered more "Woke?" Then absolutely do it.

Fox&Hound

Id rather change it to music from movies, or disney animation and have the ride be a like a movie trailer/music video you go through or classic animation.

And what a fun way to keep making changes and add the latest IP to keep it relevant!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Considering how WDI develops attractions base on movies and acts that were popular 10 years ago, I'm gonna guess a U2 re-theme.
Noooo! It was about 10 years ago when apple force-uploaded their album on everyone’s phones, put it basically on autoplay, and removed the ability to delete it unless you linked your phone to your desktop. That all went over about as well as a fart in an elevator.

I was on vacation when it happened and it still irks me that I woke up to this album:
83572DD2-9A32-424A-A257-C16901C16C52.jpeg having filled up all remaining storage space and, not having my desktop with me on vacation, it was literally impossible for me to delete. Instead, I had to delete unbacked-up personal photos every time I wanted to take a new picture or video the whole the trip. I think it also caused me to go over my then-limited data plan, so that undeletable “free” album that I didn’t want also cost me $15.

0249C7F0-4676-412D-B55D-37BF885ED1F4.jpeg54B2EC5F-13FF-4780-86AE-DA840EBD99DB.jpeg

Last edited:

tanc

I don't care much about it getting rethemed with Queen. The only obvious issue is will they use modern or old Queen? Parts like the countdown for when the ride takes off will likely be removed unless miraculously there is a countdown by Freddie Mercury

in an alternate universe, I would love for a crazy band like Oingo Boingo be rethemed for Rockin', that would be sick.

nickf456

RnRC won't feature U2. Back during the construction of the coaster when WDI was trying to find a band to use for music, they approached Bono with the pitch for the attraction and he allegedly had the highest asking price of any band they had looked at. I quite frankly don't see the ride being rethemed anytime soon.

TomboyJanet

Wait so like ride an advertisement? That sounds like a Family Guy joke

Worst line in a song ever.
I wonder if they meant the movie or Reagan's Star Wars Satellite idea I may be off with the timeline so make fun of me all you want I didn't get alot of sleep :p

RnRC won't feature U2. Back during the construction of the coaster when WDI was trying to find a band to use for music, they approached Bono with the pitch for the attraction and he allegedly had the highest asking price of any band they had looked at. I quite frankly don't see the ride being rethemed anytime soon.
I thought that was the Rolling Stones?

Either way I think Aerosmith was the perfect band for the ride since they also have their own video game where you shoot records at a totalitarian mutant invasion and free girls forced to dance in cages. Come to think of it that game was insane.

sullyinMT

I don't care much about it getting rethemed with Queen. The only obvious issue is will they use modern or old Queen? Parts like the countdown for when the ride takes off will likely be removed unless miraculously there is a countdown by Freddie Mercury

in an alternate universe, I would love for a crazy band like Oingo Boingo be rethemed for Rockin', that would be sick.
That would be a fun way to get some Danny Elfman music in the parks. Or they could do a permanent Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, where Jack and Sally run from Oogie.

TomboyJanet

That would be a fun way to get some Danny Elfman music in the parks. Or they could do a permanent Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, where Jack and Sally run from Oogie.
Now We're getting REALLY abstract! lol. At this point go back to the original area plans and make it Roger Rabbit Teaming up with Dick Tracy to fight off the gangsters from the Great Movie Ride who are invading Mel Brooks's Hotel

LSLS

I've been saying for months it should be re-themed to Queen. Looks like I'm about to get my wish.
I'd temper that. Unless I missed something, this is kind of a wild rumor at this point. I font think there's any evidence it's getting more than a fresh coat of paint.

I mean, Its not really like disney to close something down and retheme it without telling everyone about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom