News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

rd805

If they don’t want to pick a new band to replace Aerosmith, they could make the theme a little more timeless. Keep the 70s LA rock aesthetic, but reverse the rolls. Flip it so YOU are the rockstar and they need to get you to your gig across town. Enter the Super stretch limo. This would make the red carpet at the exit make a bit more sense. The audio could become more of a ‘greatest hits’ from that era. Boom. Timeless!

Too similar to Universal's coaster

Incomudro

I disagree -- are we really going to wait for Steven Tyler to pass before this ride is updated?
That's not what I said.
What I said was that I don't think it matters to most fans of the ride whether Aerosmith is still touring, or has claimed to have done their last tour to enjoy the ride.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Unless you can convince Yoko Paul and Ringo of something they’ll never ever do, the only reasonable possibility is the Foo Fighters. What other legendary rock bands are under 70 and also even remotely relevant?

J4546

I think DHS shoulda have used the NW quadrant for a massive new ToonTown expansion, complete with a MMRR a smaller C-ticket comparable to Roger Rabbit, and rethemed RNRC with a PowerLine in a TownTown concert Venue all connected for a massive place for the cartoon characters to live. Bigger than DL.

zipadee999

Too similar to Universal's coaster
I’m pretty sure the idea behind RRR is that you’re filming a music video and the coaster is a just a backdrop for that in a sense. My idea would be slightly different in that you’re a rockstar who’s about to be late for a gig and you’re being driven across town for it. They’d be similar in that the guests are the ‘rockstars’ in both but that’s where the similarities end

esskay

If (when) it gets a retheme I'm not so sure it would be beneficial to tie themselves to a person/band again. They've got fairly lucky that no major controversy with Aerosmith has had people calling on them to ditch the ride. These days all it'll take is an ill thought out comment from someone Disney is repping for there to be people with pitchforks lined up outside the park.

They'd be far better off dropping the rock vibe entirely and turning it into a totally different theme.

Weather_Lady

Once the farewell tour ends (if it is truly the final tour unlike the 17 KISS farewell tours) then the ride story won't make sense. There won't be any concert to have backstage passes to or need a "really fast car" to make on time!
The vast majority of WDW attractions hearken to a different time period, or an earlier part of a character's story. RnR is, for all intents and purposes, already a period piece.

Ayla

If (when) it gets a retheme I'm not so sure it would be beneficial to tie themselves to a person/band again. They've got fairly lucky that no major controversy with Aerosmith has had people calling on them to ditch the ride. These days all it'll take is an ill thought out comment from someone Disney is repping for there to be people with pitchforks lined up outside the park.

They'd be far better off dropping the rock vibe entirely and turning it into a totally different theme.
Who's going to tell him? 🧐

LSLS

Best idea I've heard is Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.
Agree. If they are going to just redo the band portion of this, it makes no sense to have a band that there could eventually be controversy for/could do something awful. Make it a Muppet style, maybe license out some songs and have them do the covers or something. That would keep you from being stuck with a single band while also making it easy to switch songs out if something comes up with one. That said, I could see the entire music portion dropped. If they went with Swift or Lizzo (no idea who this is), I'd be mad, but they could easily just say they let the music academy people who vote on the rock and roll hall of fame pick the musician for rock (yes I have a deep hatred of who is in the Rock hall).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom