News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

twilight mitsuk

I’m pretty sure the idea behind RRR is that you’re filming a music video and the coaster is a just a backdrop for that in a sense. My idea would be slightly different in that you’re a rockstar who’s about to be late for a gig and you’re being driven across town for it. They’d be similar in that the guests are the ‘rockstars’ in both but that’s where the similarities end
Like the former rnrc at wds

In the Parks
No
A Goofy Coaster featuring Powerline
As hilariously awesome as this would be, I think the Muppets is a more likely option.

Imagine if they moved Muppet-Vision to the Sunset Showcase (Lightning McQueen). That would open up another expansion pad for Galaxy's Edge, potentially even extending it to Star Tours (though I have difficulty imagining that they would add anything to WDW's Galaxy's Edge that they wouldn't add to DL's).

Even in suggesting this, though, I would mourn the further destruction of old-school Disney-MGM Studios by moving the Muppets.

Disstevefan1

As hilariously awesome as this would be, I think the Muppets is a more likely option.

Imagine if they moved Muppet-Vision to the Sunset Showcase (Lightning McQueen). That would open up another expansion pad for Galaxy's Edge, potentially even extending it to Star Tours (though I have difficulty imagining that they would add anything to WDW's Galaxy's Edge that they wouldn't add to DL's).

Even in suggesting this, though, I would mourn the further destruction of old-school Disney-MGM Studios by moving the Muppets.
Probably already mentioned-
Moving to fictional IP characters is the right thing on multiple levels:
Its using IP which they love.
No risk being canceled by the Twitter Mob….. but wait, splash …. Er, nevermind.

Magenta Panther

I think it would be cool if rotating bands were featured in the ride. In one version, you'd see Queen, in another, The Beatles, in another, The Turtles, another, The Beach Boys, in another, The Rolling Stones...I realize that wouldn't be practical due to the cost of filming the bands, plus, sadly, some of the band members are dead. But maybe replace that preshow with Aerosmith with a disc jockey, who would tell the guests what band they'd be listening to during their ride and give them a little background.

Come to think of it, the ASCAP costs alone with rotating songs would probably be cost-prohibitive too. Oh well...

RSoxNo1

Agree. If they are going to just redo the band portion of this, it makes no sense to have a band that there could eventually be controversy for/could do something awful. Make it a Muppet style, maybe license out some songs and have them do the covers or something. That would keep you from being stuck with a single band while also making it easy to switch songs out if something comes up with one. That said, I could see the entire music portion dropped. If they went with Swift or Lizzo (no idea who this is), I'd be mad, but they could easily just say they let the music academy people who vote on the rock and roll hall of fame pick the musician for rock (yes I have a deep hatred of who is in the Rock hall).
If it's Dr. Teeth you can cycle out the music so it's different artists.

erasure fan1

I think it would be cool if rotating bands were featured in the ride. In one version, you'd see Queen, in another, The Beatles, in another, The Turtles, another, The Beach Boys, in another, The Rolling Stones...I realize that wouldn't be practical due to the cost of filming the bands, plus, sadly, some of the band members are dead.
Yea, unfortunately good ideas aren't really Disneys strong suit, especially if it's going to cost money past the initial build. We'll be lucky to get some made up Disney channel type band that they'll never have to pay licensing for. Lol

bmr1591

I don't see Disney touching RNRC anytime soon. After the riot of replacing Splash, doing that to another beloved ride to shoehorn in an IP would not be good.

lentesta

Premium Member

I would pay money just for this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A door coaster has been suggested since Monsters, Inc. came out. Was in the planning process at one point but never got final approval.
Just a reminder to all:

A hanging door coaster could not be rethemed on top of a wheel-rail coaster (RNRC). If a door coaster were ever to come about, either it would be separate from RNRC, or, the RNRC would be completely removed in order to put in a hanging coaster.

So, while a rumor of a door coaster is plausible, any rumors that it would be just a retheme of RNRC is fantasy.

In the Parks
No
Just a reminder to all:

A hanging door coaster could not be rethemed on top of a wheel-rail coaster (RNRC). If a door coaster were ever to come about, either it would be separate from RNRC, or, the RNRC would be completely removed in order to put in a hanging coaster.

So, while a rumor of a door coaster is plausible, any rumors that it would be just a retheme of RNRC is fantasy.
I posted this in another thread, but I think that Monsters Inc may be losing its relevancy too quickly for Disney to actually build this. The Monsters at Work series didn't seem like it was very well-received, and before that, Monsters University was a bit of a bust too (though I enjoyed it).

I can confirm that the Door Coaster plans did exist (haven't personally seen them, but I was told this by someone who has), and it was apparently an incredible concept.

ToTBellHop

Just a reminder to all:

1683224624588.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom