News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

scrozier73

Disney needs to add a "buyer beware" warning for any tickets purchased to this lame park while one of it's marquee attractions is down.
Its your responsibility to keep up to date on ride closures and book your trip accordingly if a ride you like is being refurbed. Sounds like from your comment you dont like this park anyway so stay home negative Nelly.

TomboyJanet

One of the reasons people mention Queen is because they are signed to Disney-owned Hollywood Records.
I don't see how Queens songs would sync well to the layout though. Aerosmith has a harder sound while Queen seems to have more songs akin to the 60s era of rock like the Beatles. A lot of their songs are more suited for something like a wild mouse than a launch coaster. Killer Queen is kinda slow, Thing Called love seems to be more of a happy day on a boardwalk, and the only one I can see working is the end of Bohemian Rhapsody. We Will Rock you is too slow for the track, same for We Are The Champions, Another one Bites The dust, they all don't fit the pace

No Name

Doubt Disney would switch to another band. It's their primary goal these days to add more of their own IP to the park.
Interestingly they keep expanding the type of content on Disney+ beyond their own IP with stuff like a Billie Eillish concert film, to attract a wider audience. Yet when it comes to the parks, they seem to constantly be showing the door to anyone who isn’t big on Disney/Pixar/Marvel/StarWars.

Touchdown

I don’t know how it would work, but I would not be opposed to riding along to Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, Hammer to Fall, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, or if they dared Fat Bottom Girls.

I don't see how Queens songs would sync well to the layout though. Aerosmith has a harder sound while Queen seems to have more songs akin to the 60s era of rock like the Beatles. A lot of their songs are more suited for something like a wild mouse than a launch coaster. Killer Queen is kinda slow, Thing Called love seems to be more of a happy day on a boardwalk, and the only one I can see working is the end of Bohemian Rhapsody. We Will Rock you is too slow for the track, same for We Are The Champions, Another one Bites The dust, they all don't fit the pace

I don’t think we will Rock You is too slow but I absolutely would condense the song so you got the full guitar solo for the last half of the ride. This Thing Called Love is so joyous and boppy that I think it would fit well despite it being a little slower. Hammer to Fall and Fat Bottom Girls (I know Disney would never use it but still) would fit that coaster like a glove. Someone else mentioned Can’t Stop Me Now and while I agree the back part of that song would work I think you ruin the song by not having the slow part which makes it not a good fit.

AdventureHasAName

Make it happen ...

june-2022-north-rhine-westphalia-dortmund-gene-simmons-and-news-photo-1677785323.jpg

You re-theme to KISS and you can turn everything past the Sunset Ranch Market into a spooky mini-land. Villain and monster (and Gene Simmons) meet & greets.

Riviera Rita

As a fan of Queen since 1974 I can think of lots of Queen songs. Keep Yourself Alive, Seven Seas Of Rye. Don't Stop Me Now, Breakthrough and plenty more.

TomboyJanet

I honestly just think they should leave it as is. The weird thing is is that this is a circular thing for me, I want them to leave it as is because I like Aerosmith a lot, but I like Aerosmith a lot because they were introduced to me through this ride, which I want to keep as is, because I like Aerosmith a lot, but I like Aerosmith a lot because they were introduced to me through this ride, which I want to keep as is, because I
like Aerosmith a lot, but I like Aerosmith a lot because they were introduced to me through this ride, which I want to keep as is, because I...

Riviera Rita

Late summer reopening? August or early September when I'm there? Sir Brian and Roger at the opening? That would be a dream come true.

Riviera Rita

Queen like The Beatles? I have every album they've released I've loved them since their first appearance on Top Of The Pops and they are nothing like The Beatles.

ppete1975

And what a fun way to keep making changes and add the latest IP to keep it relevant!
and let all the classic animation get some appreciation, fox and the hound, bambi, aristocats, rescuers, will prob never get a ride but maybe they could do something with them. What would be even cooler is if they could randomize it, sure at this point it would be completely screens, but think of a star tours randomization.

TomboyJanet

Queen like The Beatles? I have every album they've released I've loved them since their first appearance on Top Of The Pops and they are nothing like The Beatles.
Killer Queen kinda sounds like a Beatles song. It's got that kinda phasing vocalizations. Idk I like them both it wouldn't be a HUUGE deal but It would be hard to get used to. I still think Aerosmith was the best fit

TheMaxRebo

and let all the classic animation get some appreciation, fox and the hound, bambi, aristocats, rescuers, will prob never get a ride but maybe they could do something with them. What would be even cooler is if they could randomize it, sure at this point it would be completely screens, but think of a star tours randomization.
That would be great ... and a lot of songs from Disney movies/shows could fit - maybe they aren't as "hard" as Aerosmith songs but upbeat and fun for a ride like that:

- I2I (A Goofy Movie)
- Hawaiian Roller Coaster (Lilo and Stitch)
- I'm Still Here (Treasure Planet)
- Little Wonders (Meet the Robinsons)
- Two Worlds One Family or Son of Man (Tarzan)
- When Can I See You Again (Wreck it Ralph)
- Immortals (Big Hero 6)
- Zero to Hero (Hercules)
- Waiting for my Life to Begin (Tangled)

TomboyJanet

NO HO HO!!! No screens for me I'm all screened out! Screens are good for background elements and simulators only. Other than that It just makes it all static and flat and 2D

mhaftman7

The way I look at it, Electric Mayhem would have to be near the top of the list IF it were to be re-themed. They never age. The premise of their upcoming show is then releasing an album. Their agent could be Joe from Legal. They have also done covers of Kodachrome and Mr. Bluesky. I’d love a little more Muppet live in the parks. ESPECIALLY Electric Mayhem.

No Name

The way I look at it, Electric Mayhem would have to be near the top of the list IF it were to be re-themed. They never age. The premise of their upcoming show is then releasing an album. Their agent could be Joe from Legal. They have also done covers of Kodachrome and Mr. Bluesky. I’d love a little more Muppet live in the parks. ESPECIALLY Electric Mayhem.
I have literally no idea who Electric Mayhem is so they kind’ve must’ve aged.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom