Rob does SPACE!

Michael Darling

Good God, I haven't posted in months, but everywhere I go you seem to be there. I have to point out one thing.

You're right, we don't really seem to like you much.

Are you over the age of 13 by chance? If you're not you are breaking the law if you gave out any personal information to any website (including your e-mail address) without written permission from your parents. From the looks of your posts you're about 6, but you've been held back for your 2nd year in kindergarden.

jrashadb

:rolleyes:

Geez... Never mind that moron. What about MS?
I think holding off on two of the centrifuge systems is a very smart idea. The whole TT thing was a nightmare they need to do everything in their power to avoid.
Anyway, is there anything else to report, Rob? AT least anything you can say at this point?

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The game..

It's really cool. The description Steve has on the mainage is pretty much it but it makes a heck of a lot more sense once you're there.

Essentially a giant video game. Astronaut are dropping "fixes" into randomly appearing spots on their spacecraft on the big mainscreen for your team. They are being supplied the fixes by the mission control teams who are playing a game involving hitting a series of button corresponding to locations on a smaller mission control screen at each control console (there are 15 per team, each one can have just 1-3 players - but that's still up in the air, I prefer 2, one person watching the mainscreen and the other devote to fixing puzzles) which cycles an element of a SPACE typee puzzle with "wrong" spots which you cycle to till its fixed and then upload. Once all problems on the ship get their fix, the astronauts whack a boost button and the whole thing rumbles and you edge ahead of your competitor

Essentially it's loud, choatic, has people shouting the colors they need to MC, MC people shouting to each other, lots of button whacking.

I prefer being MC. Holds a ton of people. 2 teams, 4 astronauts per team, and 15 (12 if i miss counted) MC consols per team.

Example MC fix: Life Support, you're changing the direction of tubing for oxygen tanks so it flows through the system properly. It lets you know when a piece has been cycled to the right choice.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321
I wasn't sarcastic, I really mean it! We need more pavilions that appeal to everyone.

I think we do too. Right now all we have are pavillions that occasionally cover the middle ground, but for the really young, they have to walk a good distance to the next pavillion.

The first thing I thought when i saw it.. "Darn.. i wish I wasn't 6'2"

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Loucifr
I'm sure this has been asked before and I am sure it will be asked again, but when is the scheduled opening for MS?

Spring, 2003.

I used to think "Earlier of course!"

But seriosuly, no, nothing inside the building except that one post show room is done.

-Rob

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by RobFL

Spring, 2003

I read the article about Epcot's 20th in Eyes and Ears yesterday. It mentioned that M:S would open in "Summer 2003". Conflicting information? Sometimes, the same thing said in another department could be different in another. You get that type of thing in a major operation like in Walt Disney World.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by Quentin Disney

I read the article about Epcot's 20th in Eyes and Ears yesterday. It mentioned that M:S would open in "Summer 2003". Conflicting information? Sometimes, the same thing said in another department could be different in another. You get that type of thing in a major operation like in Walt Disney World.

I think it will be late Spring, early Summer. Like, not March, but instead like May or so.

-Rob

tenchu

I am posting on this thread!

ha ha.

Could you only see the one post show room, or will there be several?

Will it be a wait to try the post show game?

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by tenchu
I am posting on this thread!

ha ha.

Could you only see the one post show room, or will there be several?

Will it be a wait to try the post show game?

Just saw the one big room.. everything else was bare concrete.. ya know? Surreal to step intoa finished room surrounded by nothing else even remotely finished. Went in through the door by the moon (Chicken exit).

Post show has 2 rounds, it last not too long, I'd say about 5-8 min per round maybe? So about 15mins or so total? Each game has 2 sets of 4 astronauts, and then 2 sets of 15 mission control consols. If each consol has 2 MC people (up to 3) that means it moves 38 people every 15 mins or so. Not a long wait.

-Rob

tenchu

Originally posted by RobFL

Just saw the one big room.. everything else was bare concrete.. ya know? Surreal to step intoa finished room surrounded by nothing else even remotely finished. Went in through the door by the moon (Chicken exit).

Post show has 2 rounds, it last not too long, I'd say about 5-8 min per round maybe? So about 15mins or so total? Each game has 2 sets of 4 astronauts, and then 2 sets of 15 mission control consols. If each consol has 2 MC people (up to 3) that means it moves 38 people every 15 mins or so. Not a long wait.

-Rob

But that will surely still be a lower turnover rate than the main attraction.

I hate it when you have to queue at the end of a ride too!

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by tenchu

But that will surely still be a lower turnover rate than the main attraction.

I hate it when you have to queue at the end of a ride too!

It's attached to the chicken exit.. I don't recall seeing any siugn of the sickbay nor the way to the gift shop type thing.. plus the kiddie playland and "postcards from SPACE" kiosk makes me think this is a place to put people in order to pass time while they wait for others to exit the ride. Kinda like riding Dreamchasers.

-Rob

RobFL

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Also, it has big screens where you can watch the action, 2 "hosts" walking around spouting various speil during the game, and lots of cool light and sound FX like dreamchasers.

-Rob

cindy_k

Thanks Rob for the update!!

I'm also curious about the public being allowed into the lobby. The Mission: Space website has been saying that we can go in since the end of August.

Thanks!!!!

Cindy :brick:

jmarc63

Originally posted by MaElStRoMROCKS

I'm sorry but i think a couple of you don't like me as much as i liek people so please tell me what i'm doing wrong so i can LEARn from you. I want to make friends because I like disney and want to be an IMAGINEAR one day so maybe we can all learn together!
SPELL CHECKER

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom