RnRc Retheme?

sedati

Thrilled to see how good this ride has held up since my last visit (2017). The gravity building was wonderfully dark, the set pieces bright and crisp. The front seat was astoundingly smooth, but I did find the back row rough.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thrilled to see how good this ride has held up since my last visit (2017). The gravity building was wonderfully dark, the set pieces bright and crisp. The front seat was astoundingly smooth, but I did find the back row rough.
The back few rows are always a little rough, it's just physics. My wife has even commented in the past few years that her head wasn't thrown around like it used to be in the past (think pre-2017).

SpectreJordan

See, with the retheme of Pizza Planet into PizzeRizzo, I was hoping that corner of the park could be transformed into a bona fide Muppets/Jim Henson Studios area.

Maybe even get a fantasy dark ride based on JH’s The Storyteller.

Reviving the Great Muppet Movie Ride would be the best idea for more Muppet rides. They can even have some classic snarky Muppet jokes about the old ride being gone.
I've heard that Bob Iger doesn't care much about the Muppets. Do you think that's the reason why the constantly-suggested Electric Mayhem overlay hasn't been greenlit?
The Electric Mayhem idea seems to be pretty recent to me, atleast popularity wise.

cookiee_munster

I wonder whether it hasn't happened already (Muppet Overhaul) because of a possible Alien Encounter issue?

For new families visiting, they may be under the impression that a muppets themed rollercoaster may be a lot tamer than what the actual ride is? and because they don't get to see the actual rollercoaster maybe they'd think it more akin to space mountain? (just a thought)

Bocabear

I wonder whether it hasn't happened already (Muppet Overhaul) because of a possible Alien Encounter issue?

For new families visiting, they may be under the impression that a muppets themed rollercoaster may be a lot tamer than what the actual ride is? and because they don't get to see the actual rollercoaster maybe they'd think it more akin to space mountain? (just a thought)
There are plenty of warning signs....including height restrictions...
If anyone is too terrified to ride a rollercoaster, they should probably not be in line for a ride called "Rock N Roller Coaster"
I think we already overthink things worrying about "what if "someone doesn't like rollercoasters...or water rides, or scary things... If they feel it is too intense it is up to them to figure it out... RE: Alien Encounter, there were TONS of warning signs, but they brought their toddlers in anyway and then complained afterwards....and we lost a cutting edge attraction because of it...

cookiee_munster

There are plenty of warning signs....including height restrictions...
If anyone is too terrified to ride a rollercoaster, they should probably not be in line for a ride called "Rock N Roller Coaster"
I think we already overthink things worrying about "what if "someone doesn't like rollercoasters...or water rides, or scary things... If they feel it is too intense it is up to them to figure it out... RE: Alien Encounter, there were TONS of warning signs, but they brought their toddlers in anyway and then complained afterwards....and we lost a cutting edge attraction because of it...
I can't remember seeing any warning signs around Rock N' Rollercoaster (I've not been in a long, long time) but have no doubts they are there in plain sight.

I do remember all the signs around Alien Encounter, so I was absolutely boggled when I'd see parents with really small kids waiting in line.

I still hold out hope for an Electric Mayhem overlay.

Purduevian

I don't think the band name (EM) has that much recognition, but people would recognize Dr. Teeth or Janice on a screen. And obviously everybody knows Animal plays the drums, though they may not know why.

The thing about Muppets is that they don't really live or die. You can make new content with them on D+ or possibly even a feature film, without it looking like an AARP commercial. Aerosmith isn't a drag on the existing ride, but they could only make it through 3 shows of their farewell tour this year. I wouldn't say that Electric Mayhem would bring in many new riders either, but at least Disney owns their rights and can update the ride content over time. Plus maybe some seasonal overlays, which do bring in more guests.
Again super subjective, but I had to google Dr. Teeth and Janice. Dr. Teeth looks familiar, but I don't think I've ever seen Janice before. I do know Animal though.

Not sure how popular the Muppets are with millennials, maybe its just my wife and I that never really saw any of it. (Sesame street not included)

Brer Panther

The whole "should we attach an IP that kids love to a roller coaster with a height requirement" issue makes assigning an IP to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster difficult as a whole. Disney doesn't have much in the way of popular IPs that aren't for all ages.

Unless they want to turn it into a Family Guy coaster (which I think would be a horrible idea).

ToTBellHop

They definitely maintain this coaster better than they do in Paris. The Avengers coaster was a terrible head-banger. Please give both rides the Hyperspace Mountain restraints, though! Loved those. I honestly wouldn’t ride Flight Force again even if the visuals weren’t a joke.

Kirby86

Again super subjective, but I had to google Dr. Teeth and Janice. Dr. Teeth looks familiar, but I don't think I've ever seen Janice before. I do know Animal though.

Not sure how popular the Muppets are with millennials, maybe its just my wife and I that never really saw any of it. (Sesame street not included)
The Muppets are still popular enough that Disney will send them out to events and advertisements. As for if they're popular with Millennials? With Muppet Christmas Carol being a staple of the season I'd say that Muppets have some sort connection to that generation. However Gen-X has the most connection with the franchise that's when the Muppets took over the world

Bocabear

Well...if they moved the entire Muppets area to the Animation courtyard they could create a more compelling Muppets area...Add a couple additional rides to flesh it out, and a re-visit the Swedish Chef restaurant concept that was discarded years ago, and it could reinvigorate the IP...

Purduevian

The Muppets are still popular enough that Disney will send them out to events and advertisements. As for if they're popular with Millennials? With Muppet Christmas Carol being a staple of the season I'd say that Muppets have some sort connection to that generation. However Gen-X has the most connection with the franchise that's when the Muppets took over the world
Never seen Muppets Christmas Carol (didn't actually know it existed haha). Yeah looks like my wife and my families were just out of the loop on Muppets, must be more popular than I thought.

KeithVH

I'll stir the pot - are we saying the consensus is that a Muppet Land is now needed? Some seems to be saying this. Sounds like an odd leap just to fix RnRC

James Alucobond

I'll stir the pot - are we saying the consensus is that a Muppet Land is now needed? Some seems to be saying this. Sounds like an odd leap just to fix RnRC
I think it’s more that it’s a fairly attractive proposition due to the really confused IP organization in DHS at the moment. Star Wars is in three separate locations with Galaxy’s Edge, Star Tours, and Launch Bay. Moving the Muppets out of their current location would allow you to create an unbroken “Lucasfilm Studios” area that could more gracefully transition into Galaxy’s Edge with some “hot set” signage or something. All Launch Bay content could easily be moved here, fully freeing up the Animation Courtyard for redevelopment, and you could use the MuppetVision space for another classic-era Star Wars attraction.

Then, a new Muppets Courtyard could be established including RRC, which would also make it fairly thematically evergreen relative to the current Aerosmith overlay.

mergatroid

They definitely maintain this coaster better than they do in Paris. The Avengers coaster was a terrible head-banger. Please give both rides the Hyperspace Mountain restraints, though! Loved those. I honestly wouldn’t ride Flight Force again even if the visuals weren’t a joke.
Was in Paris 2 weeks ago visiting the park for the first time and was really looking forward to Flight Force. It just felt a bit meh though, the same track but not the feel of the RnR coaster at all. I come off the RnR grinning every time, Flight Force just didn't feel anywhere near as good sadly.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Could they theoretically "black box" it and make it a blank slate coaster primed for whatever IP they can throw at it every 4 months? I mean, the actual theming on the coaster is sparse. Would a flavor of the month overlay keep things interesting?

Bocabear

the popularity of the ride has no need for "flavor Of The Month to keep it interesting"...it just needs a new theme, some fresh visuals and it is ready to go. Maybe something that feels a little more "Hollywood" or Disney....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom