RnRc Retheme?

SpectreJordan

Our Tower Of Terror is such a perfect and beautifully done piece of placemaking. Gorgeously designed, engaging backstory, fun thrills... I do not believe we have seen better work in the last decade....and you have to ask yourself...with the current leadership do you really think they could do better than what is there... different perhaps, but never better...I love that DHS has the central district of Old Hollywood... This should never change...as a matter of fact I think they should lean into it more. It was always a beautiful park, and Tower Of Terror was perfectly designed and placed...I am hoping this attraction has achieved it's legacy status like The Haunted Mansion. Add, maintain, but don't take away this iconic attraction.

Guardians could be somewhere else... where an entire "land" could be built to support the story for the attraction/s
I think the fact that they're leaning so hard into Tower being the park's mascot nowadays is another good sign it's sticking around. They could've gone with the Falcon as the new park mascot; sure it's in the back of the park, but it's incredibly impressive & easy to market.

To tie things back into RNRC, the rides don't make too much sense next to each other currently. So I don't think they'd care about a new RNRC theme not matching with ToT.

Bocabear

I would agree with that...they really don't seem to match and RnRC doesn't necessarily continue the storyline or placemaking of the park...which I am sure is why they pushed it back off the Sunset Boulevard view line...
A bypass behind the ranch market connecting to the Animation Courtyard could be themed differently for sure...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't really know what other IP they could put onto our Tower then. I guess Dr Strange but if they didn't want to use Guardians for it, I doubt they'd do another Marvel IP.
A Doctor Strange retheme would require minimal changes. RNR could then become Incredicoaster. The theater could be GOTG dance band. Then a new Big Hero 6 ride where Fairfax is.

That'd make a super hero land.

Bocabear

Dreadful Idea... Leave Tower Of Terror be...RNRR could become any number of things...We already have a GOTG Dance Band is not really a thing...I guess it could be created...but IMO would not be a very engaging show...not in the same league as the Beauty and The Beast show (which is long past it's expiration date. Speaking of, they have developed several shows for Disneyland, none of which have made they way here. Mickey and the Magical Map, Animazement, Snow White, an Enchanting Musical, Aladdin...these were all full complete productions...which would be a great change from the Beauty and the Beast show which has been running since 1991...that is 32 years of the same tired show...SERIOUSLY they need to put in a new production (that is not Frozen).

SpectreJordan

A Doctor Strange retheme would require minimal changes. RNR could then become Incredicoaster. The theater could be GOTG dance band. Then a new Big Hero 6 ride where Fairfax is.

That'd make a super hero land.
Tbf, they could've done something similar with the Guardians version of Tower too. There must've been an internal reason that ours got spared & I imagine that'll stick for a while.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

Part of the reason for DHS ToT remaining the same was that its mechanical systems are significantly different than the simpler DCA clone. This means they would have had to spend twice the money to do both -- it wasn't going to be a two-for-one situation.

Also, the DCA ToT retheme was to anchor the future MCU Land. In DHS, with the restrictions of what Marvel properties that could be used, Hollywood Blvd was not about to become an Avengers Campus.
thank goodness

cookiee_munster

I love the idea of an Endor speeder coaster...but now that Hagrid's ride is open it would feel like too much of a copycat...plus we just opened Tron Lightcycle coaster... they missed the window... They also had something in the works for Pandora that was cut from the plans that was similar cycle coaster type ride.... I remember...
I'd like to see them try to improve on hiding the actual track element before really doing something like this. Hagrids is impressive, but the fact that the track is exposed just kind of ruins that element of immersion and makes it feel more like a six flags rollercoaster with some nice rockwork and basic animatronics. It would have worked a lot better as a covered dark ride/coaster.

Back on topic - Bring on The Muppets already!

SpectreJordan

I'd like to see them try to improve on hiding the actual track element before really doing something like this. Hagrids is impressive, but the fact that the track is exposed just kind of ruins that element of immersion and makes it feel more like a six flags rollercoaster with some nice rockwork and basic animatronics. It would have worked a lot better as a covered dark ride/coaster.

Back on topic - Bring on The Muppets already!
I don't mind seeing the track. It's the clearly painted wall during the ride that breaks my immersion the most. It's the only negative thing I have to say about that otherwise great ride.

Speaking of clearly painted things, if Disney does redo RNRC I really hope they make the inside of the ride less cheesy. The neon painted billboards you pass by are really lame.

DisneyCane

I would agree with that...they really don't seem to match and RnRC doesn't necessarily continue the storyline or placemaking of the park...which I am sure is why they pushed it back off the Sunset Boulevard view line...
A bypass behind the ranch market connecting to the Animation Courtyard could be themed differently for sure...

I think they pushed it back because they needed to shoehorn it in and that's how it would fit and have a courtyard for overflow queue and guest ingress/egress.

James Alucobond

They don’t seem to care that Star Wars is in 3 different spots around the park so I honestly doubt Muppet Vision would be moved.
I also doubt they’ll reorganize in this way, but doing so would actually more or less solve both of those problems simultaneously by eliminating the biggest obstacle to a more unified Star Wars experience. You could basically have an entire arc of Lucas Films “studio” attractions leading up to the Galaxy’s Edge entrance.

SpectreJordan

Thankfully, they can't do that here. That ride looks like something Six Flags would do.

I really want to know what's up with Imagineering & Marvel. It seems they can only get Guardians of the Galaxy right. They've failed with Spider-Man, Iron Man (twice!) & Ant-Man. It's really bizarre.

J4546

Thankfully, they can't do that here. That ride looks like something Six Flags would do.

I really want to know what's up with Imagineering & Marvel. It seems they can only get Guardians of the Galaxy right. They've failed with Spider-Man, Iron Man (twice!) & Ant-Man. It's really bizarre.
I dont know if Id call what they did with RnRc six flags level...the exterior looks amazing imo but I agree the ride is less than spectacular, I heard they are closing it soon to add more though, hopefully it gets better.

Also I agree avengers campus is less than thrilling for a Marvel based land but Im hopeful the 2nd phase e-ticket will really round it out

SpectreJordan

I dont know if Id call what they did with RnRc six flags level...the exterior looks amazing imo but I agree the ride is less than spectacular, I heard they are closing it soon to add more though, hopefully it gets better.

Also I agree avengers campus is less than thrilling for a Marvel based land but Im hopeful the 2nd phase e-ticket will really round it out
It would need A LOT of work to make it better, but I hope they can do it.

Hopefully the Avengers ride they're maybe possibly could be working on is actually good. The theming of the land would still be pretty lame though. The amount of characters in that land helps a lot though tbh, that seems very fun.

J4546

It would need A LOT of work to make it better, but I hope they can do it.

Hopefully the Avengers ride they're maybe possibly could be working on is actually good. The theming of the land would still be pretty lame though. The amount of characters in that land helps a lot though tbh, that seems very fun.
yeah same in avengers campus in CA, the amount of characters you see and the 5 or 6 shows that take place really gives the land life

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom