RnRc Retheme?

No Name

This board has three ideas… Muppets, Powerline, and Roger Rabbit. Hardly anyone, especially anyone under 30, has a lick of interest in any of those. The only reason Muppets might have happened is that the studio falls under Disney parks for some reason and someone there seems intent on making it work… even as it continues to be demonstrably unpopular.

pdude81

This board has three ideas… Muppets, Powerline, and Roger Rabbit. Hardly anyone, especially anyone under 30, has a lick of interest in any of those. The only reason Muppets might have happened is that the studio falls under Disney parks for some reason and someone there seems intent on making it work… even as it continues to be demonstrably unpopular.
Rocketeer coaster would be great if they could make that work for the space, even though it's not a moneymaking IP. Backwards mater coaster would be amazing except for when people throw up forwards while speeding backwards.

TrainsOfDisney

Ideally that whole courtyard could be re-themed. If I was in charge, I’d change the coaster to “Super-Star Limo” as an inside joke and theme it to old-school Hollywood.

Then replace the cars attraction with a permanent home for Citizens of Hollywood to perform “Live” radio and tv broadcasts. Don’t worry… there will be a bar in the back so poor Disney won’t go broke. Haha

Robbiem

I agree and would add they are all too family choices for an intense ride likr RnRC.Little Johnny isn’t going to like not being able to go on the muppet ride because he doesn’t meet the height restrictions and people will complain about the ride intensity with one of those themes.

If it’s rethemed with a new IP it needs to be suitably’adult’ like Alien or Planet of the Apes

TrainsOfDisney

I agree and would add they are all too family choices for an intense ride likr RnRC.Little Johnny isn’t going to like not being able to go on the muppet ride because he doesn’t meet the height restrictions and people will complain about the ride intensity with one of those themes.

If it’s rethemed with a new IP it needs to be suitably’adult’ like Alien or Planet of the Apes
Incredicoaster is more intense and it seems to work….

Chupaca Bruh

How about they sell off the coaster, bulldoze the shell and surrounding buildings for a new expansion area. While it is a fun coaster it isn’t anything real special.

mattpeto

How about they sell off the coaster, bulldoze the shell and surrounding buildings for a new expansion area. While it is a fun coaster it isn’t anything real special.
Austin Powers No GIF

No Name

Rocketeer coaster would be great if they could make that work for the space, even though it's not a moneymaking IP. Backwards mater coaster would be amazing except for when people throw up forwards while speeding backwards.
Ah, Rocketeer is the fourth one I see mentioned here a lot! I didn’t remember it probably because I don’t know what that is.

ohioguy

If they are staying with music for the theme, it should be Queen.

If they go with an IP, then they have plenty of properties to choose from, including those from their Fox acquisition.

'Rocketeer' would make a great Disney+ series, and has a cult following (like TRON). It could work.

osian

If you were ever curious to see what RnRc is like sans major theming...Check Xpress Platform 13 at Walibi Holland l...It's the same coaster, but outdoors...

Yep, oddly I found it a bit underwhelming, it's amazing what putting it in the dark will do! It was called Superman: The Ride when I rode in 2002 and the park was called Six Flags Holland, and I wrote in my notes "Apart from the launch, I wasn't very impressed with Superman as the rest of the ride was pretty standard, with also a fair amount of roughness and headbanging - and this a new ride too!". It's Vekoma's take on the Premier "spaghetti bowl" coasters which are amazing and certainly some of my favourites (I've ridden 4 out of the 5).

osian

Ideally that whole courtyard could be re-themed. If I was in charge, I’d change the coaster to “Super-Star Limo” as an inside joke and theme it to old-school Hollywood.

Then replace the cars attraction with a permanent home for Citizens of Hollywood to perform “Live” radio and tv broadcasts. Don’t worry… there will be a bar in the back so poor Disney won’t go broke. Haha
I like the idea of re-theming it to be in keeping with the feel of ToT and Sunset Boulevard as there's nothing intrinsic about it that it has to be a modern rock-band theme. Don't know if people are familiar with the the NoLimits Terror Tracks project, which reimagined the Tower of Terror story as though it was a coaster, as a tribute to the California ToT. This was so well done and gave me chills. RnRc can't be re-themed in this way because, well, it's the same story as Tower of Terror and Disney wouldn't implement something that's already been dreamed up by someone else. However, it shows how the ride could be better fitted in that area. Either that, or as people have said, that corner needs to be cut off from Sunset Boulevard, made part of a land behind it, and re-themed as something else.

Keep watching to the very end. Is there something in your eye?

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Disney wouldn't implement something that's already been dreamed up by someone else.
The Princess and the Frog retheme of Splash Mountain would like to have a word with you, although I don't think Frederick Chambers' pitch involved salt mines and food co-ops.

SpectreJordan

That's probably how modern Disney feels. But one of the best rides in Disney history was based on a mediocre movie that was already being phased out by the time the ride opened. So Imagineering can make anything popular if they put the effort into it.

As for the Muppets, I feel that they're still popular as characters but their individual projects just haven't been hitting. I see tons of memes featuring Kermit & there's been tons of Muppets merch at the parks recently that have been selling well. It's sorta like Mickey & friends nowadays; the characters themselves are popular but the projects are niche.

Bocabear

Actually the Superstar Limo 1939 edition could be an amazing thing... Pre-show would be preparing for the red carpet...
The Citizens Of Hollywood could be involved as broadcasters etc... The Aerosmith pre-show could be replaced with a Radio Broadcast about the latest new stars getting ready for their big premiere....Then step into your Superstar Limo for a crazy ride through Classic Old Hollywood and step out on the Red Carpet for your Hollywood Premiere... Add a photo op putting you in swanky clothes on the Red Carpet as a retail opportunity and a classic 1930s cocktail lounge as the Post Oscar Reception....and it would be like an Act 1 for the Hollywood Tower of Terror....
At least it would properly fit the area and give another old Hollywood attraction in the park...

EPCOTCenterLover

I like the idea of re-theming it to be in keeping with the feel of ToT and Sunset Boulevard as there's nothing intrinsic about it that it has to be a modern rock-band theme. Don't know if people are familiar with the the NoLimits Terror Tracks project, which reimagined the Tower of Terror story as though it was a coaster, as a tribute to the California ToT. This was so well done and gave me chills. RnRc can't be re-themed in this way because, well, it's the same story as Tower of Terror and Disney wouldn't implement something that's already been dreamed up by someone else. However, it shows how the ride could be better fitted in that area. Either that, or as people have said, that corner needs to be cut off from Sunset Boulevard, made part of a land behind it, and re-themed as something else.

Is there something in my eye? What did you mean?

It is an excellent idea and well put together!

Cmdr_Crimson

*Former* Paramount Parks Did it!
1701133744815.jpeg

Incase your curious.. Here's the original 1996 preshow that went with the attraction..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom