RnRc Retheme?

erasure fan1

Back on topic - Bring on The Muppets already!
Yes! If there's ever been a perfect opportunity for a retheme, that I'd bet most people would be happy with. Especially since arrowsmith isn't in any way Disney, so there isn't that Disney attachment to the brand. Retheming to the electric Mayhem makes about as much sense as any retheme ever has. It makes so much sense, that there's almost zero chance they do it. Even though the Muppets Mayhem creator had the retheme in his pitch to do the show.

SpectreJordan

Yes! If there's ever been a perfect opportunity for a retheme, that I'd bet most people would be happy with. Especially since arrowsmith isn't in any way Disney, so there isn't that Disney attachment to the brand. Retheming to the electric Mayhem makes about as much sense as any retheme ever has. It makes so much sense, that there's almost zero chance they do it. Even though the Muppets Mayhem creator had the retheme in his pitch to do the show.
We'll see. There seems to be a lot of Muppets fan in the parks division. We're getting a Muppet themed booth at Food & Wine this year as well as Kermit & Piggy hosting something at the DHS Christmas party.

This Electric Mayhem retheme has gotten a lot of traction online & I don't think it'd be too expensive to do. I can see Disney just stealing the idea lmao

cookiee_munster

We'll see. There seems to be a lot of Muppets fan in the parks division. We're getting a Muppet themed booth at Food & Wine this year as well as Kermit & Piggy hosting something at the DHS Christmas party.

This Electric Mayhem retheme has gotten a lot of traction online & I don't think it'd be too expensive to do. I can see Disney just stealing the idea lmao
I quite like the idea of a larger presence of The Muppets in Hollywood Studios, but not given their own land to exist in, but actually exist within lands in their own attractions but themed to that specific area. They are pretty well known to reference pop culture, so to pop up in places like Rock n' Rollercoaster or Star Tours (and the now defunct Great Movie Ride) I think it's a way of freshening up an attraction without the great need to having to do any kind of major infrastructure to the original attraction.

Also, any kind of way of getting some kind of Muppet Christmas Carol show/attraction would be amazing! :D It's still considered one of the best Christmas films ever made, the fact that it doesn't have any kind of presence in the parks is criminal. 😆

FettFan

I quite like the idea of a larger presence of The Muppets in Hollywood Studios, but not given their own land to exist in, but actually exist within lands in their own attractions but themed to that specific area. They are pretty well known to reference pop culture, so to pop up in places like Rock n' Rollercoaster or Star Tours (and the now defunct Great Movie Ride) I think it's a way of freshening up an attraction without the great need to having to do any kind of major infrastructure to the original attraction.

Also, any kind of way of getting some kind of Muppet Christmas Carol show/attraction would be amazing! :D It's still considered one of the best Christmas films ever made, the fact that it doesn't have any kind of presence in the parks is criminal. 😆

See, with the retheme of Pizza Planet into PizzeRizzo, I was hoping that corner of the park could be transformed into a bona fide Muppets/Jim Henson Studios area.

Maybe even get a fantasy dark ride based on JH’s The Storyteller.

Cmdr_Crimson

See, with the retheme of Pizza Planet into PizzeRizzo, I was hoping that corner of the park could be transformed into a bona fide Muppets/Jim Henson Studios area.
It's a shame that the better Muppet themed area in Orlando is not in WDW..
8f319410f1c22b897ee161b0c8351e14.jpg

KeithVH

If we're so stuck on the Muppets, then how about a ride called "Get Yourself Back to the Land of Gorch" and make the ride a space vehicle. Can still use rock music for a base. LOTS of interesting characters available. Ploobis and Scred do the pre-show.

FettFan

It's a shame that the better Muppet themed area in Orlando is not in WDW..
8f319410f1c22b897ee161b0c8351e14.jpg

Well, Sesame Street is its own fur/felt/feathered beast owned by Sesame Workshop/Children’s Television Workshop.

It’s a division of JHS, but Disney only owns the Muppet IP.
I’m sure Iger would give his two front teeth to get his hands on the rest of JHS, but the Henson family isn’t willing to sell outright.

FettFan

If we're so stuck on the Muppets, then how about a ride called "Get Yourself Back to the Land of Gorch" and make the ride a space vehicle. Can still use rock music for a base. LOTS of interesting characters available. Ploobis and Scred do the pre-show.

Or, given how stuck on Star Wars Disney is (despite running it into the blooming ground)…

PiS is far more respectful to the franchise than most of what’s been released since 2017.

the last jedi lightsaber GIF by Star Wars

^seriously, to hell with this^

Brer Panther

I've heard that Bob Iger doesn't care much about the Muppets. Do you think that's the reason why the constantly-suggested Electric Mayhem overlay hasn't been greenlit?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've heard that Bob Iger doesn't care much about the Muppets.
I haven't heard that.

Muppets 3D got a neighborhood upgrade when SWL was put in, even though a significant number of park fans wouldn't have minded it being demolished in order to connect SWL with Star Tours.

Muppets got a TV show, a Haunted Mansion special, and an Electric Mayhem series. Muppets were just put front and center at the last D23.

Doesn't sound like Iger is eager to sunset the Muppets.

Purduevian

I've heard that Bob Iger doesn't care much about the Muppets. Do you think that's the reason why the constantly-suggested Electric Mayhem overlay hasn't been greenlit?
Obviously super subjective. However outside of this thread, I have never heard of Electric Mayhem. I'm sure it has a lot of fans, but is it as recognized as Aerosmith? My wife also enjoyed Muppet Vision 3D, but really doesn't know or care about the Muppets at all.

pdude81

Obviously super subjective. However outside of this thread, I have never heard of Electric Mayhem. I'm sure it has a lot of fans, but is it as recognized as Aerosmith? My wife also enjoyed Muppet Vision 3D, but really doesn't know or care about the Muppets at all.
I don't think the band name (EM) has that much recognition, but people would recognize Dr. Teeth or Janice on a screen. And obviously everybody knows Animal plays the drums, though they may not know why.

The thing about Muppets is that they don't really live or die. You can make new content with them on D+ or possibly even a feature film, without it looking like an AARP commercial. Aerosmith isn't a drag on the existing ride, but they could only make it through 3 shows of their farewell tour this year. I wouldn't say that Electric Mayhem would bring in many new riders either, but at least Disney owns their rights and can update the ride content over time. Plus maybe some seasonal overlays, which do bring in more guests.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don't think the band name (EM) has that much recognition, but people would recognize Dr. Teeth or Janice on a screen. And obviously everybody knows Animal plays the drums, though they may not know why.

The thing about Muppets is that they don't really live or die. You can make new content with them on D+ or possibly even a feature film, without it looking like an AARP commercial. Aerosmith isn't a drag on the existing ride, but they could only make it through 3 shows of their farewell tour this year. I wouldn't say that Electric Mayhem would bring in many new riders either, but at least Disney owns their rights and can update the ride content over time. Plus maybe some seasonal overlays, which do bring in more guests.
A fractured larynx isn't exactly reason to say, "they only made it through 3 shows". Sometimes **** happens, but **** happening to a 75 year old singer does make it concerning. I say this as a ticketholder for a now-postponed show who wants to see Aerosmith so he can cross them off his Concert Bucket List.

pdude81

A fractured larynx isn't exactly reason to say, "they only made it through 3 shows". Sometimes **** happens, but **** happening to a 75 year old singer does make it concerning. I say this as a ticketholder for a now-postponed show who wants to see Aerosmith so he can cross them off his Concert Bucket List.
I was under the impression that it was a vocal injury and not a fight with Chuck Norris or a car crash. That's why I phrased it that way. Not a knock as I like the band. I just think that the long term prospects for Aerosmith carrying this ride are not good.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I was under the impression that it was a vocal injury and not a fight with Chuck Norris or a car crash. That's why I phrased it that way. Not a knock as I like the band. I just think that the long term prospects for Aerosmith carrying this ride are not good.
No worries. If it was an encounter with Chuck Norris, he'd roundhouse kick the band and they'd all be 35 years old again. :D

Long-term, IMHO, is fine with the band carrying the ride. Their music fits it. I really believe that there are probably only a small handful of bands whose music could carry the ride, and they're all so old it would just be shuffling the chairs on the deck of the ship. Keep the youthful-looking Aerosmith with the classic songs, as there is no reason to change it.

Surferboy567

Aerosmith isn't a drag on the existing ride, but they could only make it through 3 shows of their farewell tour this year.
As someone who was at one of those 3 shows that just occurred. Have to say, enjoyed the concert immensely. Tyler can’t hit the notes he used to but still sounds decent enough for his age.

ToTBellHop

No worries. If it was an encounter with Chuck Norris, he'd roundhouse kick the band and they'd all be 35 years old again. :D

Long-term, IMHO, is fine with the band carrying the ride. Their music fits it. I really believe that there are probably only a small handful of bands whose music could carry the ride, and they're all so old it would just be shuffling the chairs on the deck of the ship. Keep the youthful-looking Aerosmith with the classic songs, as there is no reason to change it.
The issue will be once members fall off the mortal coil. Unlike ToT, we can’t claim they are ghosts. It’s very clearly a modern-day ride with a living band.

With Aerosmith retiring soon, I really think Disney will retheme while the musicians are still alive to avoid awkwardness.

My money is on some IP with score that works. Let’s hope they do better than WDSP.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The issue will be once members fall off the mortal coil. Unlike ToT, we can’t claim they are ghosts. It’s very clearly a modern-day ride with a living band.

With Aerosmith retiring soon, I really think Disney will retheme while the musicians are still alive to avoid awkwardness.

My money is on some IP with score that works. Let’s hope they do better than WDSP.
Keith Richards and Willie Nelson, CONFIRMED!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom