RnRC New Theme Discussion

lobelia

I could care less if ANY Marvel stuff came to WDW. There, I've said it. I didn't read superhero comic books when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s, and I have little to no interest in them now. I realize that this is a minority opinion. They will never be "Disney" to me. For that matter, SW and Avatar will never be "Disney" to me either, but as I am a huge Star Wars fan, and loved the world of Pandora (even if the script of Avatar was less than great), I am looking forward to seeing what Disney is going to do with them. But if Disney is determined to shoehorn Marvel IPs into DHS, then I think RnRC is a much better choice than ToT (which in my opinion is the most perfectly themed ride in WDW). I also agree that the BH6 concept would work better than GotG (which I haven't seen yet, but probably should).

I am no fan of Super Heroes either. Although I liked The Incredibles. I'm tired of the trend of Super Heroes media. While a few of the movies are good and fun watches (Deadpool, The Avengers (first movie), and the first Ironman). Ironman would be nothing without Robert Downey Junior though. The beginning of Captain America was good but it became too fantastical in the end. I am also fatigued by all the Princesses. GOTG was a good movie, but except for Groot and Pratt, I can't really remember much. It is unique enough to be interesting. Three movies from now....who knows. I usually will not pay to see sequels. I would though pay $ to see Deadpool again. That Blue Ray might be in my collection.

I think that is why I love the unique attractions like Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Haunted Mansion, Living with the Land. I'm not tired of the content shoehorned in to new IP.

Seabasealpha1

I'm not sure about a Guardians version of RnRc...I'm sure there's some mega-convoluted way that one could make the theming fit/blend in with the Twilight-zone next door...but it'd be some freaky cross-mojination...

Then again...what's the blend now? Ain't one.

The main thing is that soundtrack...I'd be hard pressed to swap "Sweet Emotion" for "Come and Get Your Love". It's just not the same...I'd be similarly happy if they used "Living in the Sunlight" by Tiny Tim...

CaptainAmerica

The main thing is that soundtrack...I'd be hard pressed to swap "Sweet Emotion" for "Come and Get Your Love". It's just not the same...I'd be similarly happy if they used "Living in the Sunlight" by Tiny Tim...
I had the same concern but Guardians 2 comes out in just about a year and they could get some more rock-y tracks in that soundtrack.

Captain Neo

This plan is more logical. I never liked RnRC anyway and Aerosmith was always an odd fit for the park. I would love to eventually see Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror demolished and replaced with an authentic Marvel Land with brand new Thrill rides geared to adults.

Next Big Thing

This plan is more logical. I never liked RnRC anyway and Aerosmith was always an odd fit for the park. I would love to eventually see Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror demolished and replaced with an authentic Marvel Land with brand new Thrill rides geared to adults.
Aerosmith hasn't ever bothered me, I think it captured the "WDW Demo" perfectly. However, I wouldn't be opposed to this changeover, especially considering Aerosmith is breaking up after their next tour, I believe.

And they're fairly irrelevant to much of the younger audience.

Herbie

Aerosmith hasn't ever bothered me, I think it captured the "WDW Demo" perfectly. However, I wouldn't be opposed to this changeover, especially considering Aerosmith is breaking up after their next tour, I believe.

And they're fairly irrelevant to much of the younger audience.

...hate to date myself, but I was a toddler when the ride opened. Needs an update, sure, that's inevitable, but I'm of sound mind enough to know of and appreciate the classics. If 'irrelevent' is the case, I'd say keep it just to culture the little tykes. The idea of a complete renovation, one that possibly ruins the aesthetics of the land, is head-scratching, because the concept is solid and rock 'n' roll (particularly retro) doesn't go out of style. If only mainstream contemporary bands were releasing the same kind of output with that kind of fanfare, then they could have their own headlining attraction.

I know they would never go about with the licensing fees, but I'd be more than content with a different selection of rock songs and it just staying The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

...And yet I feel so old when things like Guardians of the Galaxy and Marvel are considered cool enough for fans to prefer to destroy a perfectly themed land (let alone the Tower of Terror as is) for a land geared to films that feel so cheap (at least on the surface) for rides that'll probably feel like cheap Universal knock-offs.

Next Big Thing

...hate to date myself, but I was a toddler when the ride opened. Needs an update, sure, that's inevitable, but I'm of sound mind enough to know of and appreciate the classics. If 'irrelevent' is the case, I'd say keep it just to culture the little tykes. The idea of a complete renovation, one that possibly ruins the aesthetics of the land, is head-scratching, because the concept is solid and rock 'n' roll (particularly retro) doesn't go out of style. If only mainstream contemporary bands were releasing the same kind of output with that kind of fanfare, then they could have their own headlining attraction.

I know they would never go about with the licensing fees, but I'd be more than content with a different selection of rock songs and it just staying The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

...And yet I feel so old when things like Guardians of the Galaxy and Marvel are considered cool enough for fans to prefer to destroy a perfectly themed land (let alone the Tower of Terror as is) for a land geared to films that feel so cheap (at least on the surface) for rides that'll probably feel like cheap Universal knock-offs.
Personally, I don't understand how Aerosmith fit the area any better than GotG would to the point that GotG would "ruin" the area.

SirLink

Personally, I don't understand how Aerosmith fit the area any better than GotG would to the point that GotG would "ruin" the area.

The recording studio was there during the prime time of Hollywood Tower Hotel, then it closed down and Aerosmith reopened it. That is how it fits. In theory the whole 'the way entertainment is created' theme is going away ... but don't see them shedding the Aerosmith for a while yet. The preshow was extremely expensive to shoot.

Next Big Thing

The recording studio was there during the prime time of Hollywood Tower Hotel, then it closed down and Aerosmith reopened it. That is how it fits. In theory the whole 'the way entertainment is created' theme is going away ... but don't see them shedding the Aerosmith for a while yet. The preshow was extremely expensive to shoot.
Sure, that's the backstory they went with.

But they also came up with a backstory to defend building a piece of crap in a parking lot at DAK.

seabreezept813

I thought those were thrill rides geared towards adults, only they had creative themes. Marvel would just be another cop out for Disney .. sigh..

lazyboy97o

Sure, that's the backstory they went with.

But they also came up with a backstory to defend building a piece of crap in a parking lot at DAK.
Even without knowing those story elements one is still moving within the same geographic setting. The time shift is already abrupt, a greater shift doesn't fix that issue.

Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama.

Next Big Thing

Even without knowing those story elements one is still moving within the same geographic setting. The time shift is already abrupt, a greater shift doesn't fix that issue.
My point is, if it has to happen, it doesn't really hurt anything either.

It may not fix things right away (it could down the line if Animation courtyard was connected and BH6 and Incredibles were added to make a Superhero area). The good part about where RNRC is situated is that it's off to the side... it doesn't impede your view as you walk down Sunset.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom