RnRC New Theme Discussion

PorterRedkey

Steven Tyler used to look like he was giving the hand gesture known as "the shocker." Now it looks like just his open palm.

Pretty needless change imo since I doubt anyone noticed.
It's funny the "shocker" hand was not even around 17 years ago. So, it couldn't have been intentional. The gesture only came around to the Internet around 10 years ago.

mikeh

It's funny the "shocker" hand was not even around 17 years ago. So, it couldn't have been intentional. The gesture only came around to the Internet around 10 years ago.

I've seen people quote that 10 years number. Urban Dictionary has an entry dating back to 2002. The gesture has been around for at least 17 years, yes

mikeh

Maybe my math is wrong, but 2016 - 2002 = 14 years not 17. My point still is valid.

Urban dictionary was to debunk the 10 years idea, this quote below shows that not only has it been around longer than 10 years, but also longer than 17 years

I'm going to show my age but ... that gesture has been around well before Urban Dictionary ever existed. (And maybe the internet too.)

Matt_Black

They can but David Groghl would vote for Kiss - he is a big fan. Seems like a no-brainer for WDW because of the merchandising. They are way past their prime but kids are still fascinated with KISS when they first see them.

And you know KISS would do it, as they're all about selling out. They have their own line of caskets for crying out loud. There's nothing they won't slap their logo on for a buck.

Marlins1

And you know KISS would do it, as they're all about selling out. They have their own line of caskets for crying out loud. There's nothing they won't slap their logo on for a buck.
Very true - and they are actually proud of it. But still they have plenty of good riffs to make the soundtrack work (a 2 minute ride is not Pink Floyd time) and their show would give the imagineers a ton to work with.

Herbie

I'm open to a change, but is it really necessary when Aerosmith was originally chosen (I believe, sans the Armagedden connection) because they were a local Orlando band? You could easily argue that, like Kiss, their popularity hasn't really waned. And give it a decade, maybe two and a few caskets later, they're most likely going to see a brand surge.

Matt_Black

I'm open to a change, but is it really necessary when Aerosmith was originally chosen (I believe, sans the Armagedden connection) because they were a local Orlando band? You could easily argue that, like Kiss, their popularity hasn't really waned. And give it a decade, maybe two and a few caskets later, they're most likely going to see a brand surge.

... Aerosmith is from Boston.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom