River Country Rumor!

WDWFanatic

I have it on good authority that Pop is the next resort project, now that Hawaii is complete, and should be ready for next summer.

I was told that the next project will be the resort in Maryland at the National Harbor. I heard it from the people that run that area. Thats all I can say about it.

_Scar

How about' TDO uses modern technology to make the "swimmin' hole" look like it's connected into the lake, but really are 2 seperate bodies of water? This would make River Country either a full-fledged water park or a huge incentive to stay on Ft. Wilderness grounds? Oh, ya... that means $ TDO. Money, money, money, and pleasing hard-core fans.

Cmon, just do it!

Figment632

Original Poster
How about' TDO uses modern technology to make the "swimmin' hole" look like it's connected into the lake, but really are 2 seperate bodies of water? This would make River Country either a full-fledged water park or a huge incentive to stay on Ft. Wilderness grounds? Oh, ya... that means $ TDO. Money, money, money, and pleasing hard-core fans.

Cmon, just do it!

The water wasn't the only problem RC was in a terrible spot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How about' TDO uses modern technology to make the "swimmin' hole" look like it's connected into the lake, but really are 2 seperate bodies of water?
Funny that - they were. There was an inflatable tube between the park and bay lake, computer checked to stay at the right pressure and to keep the park water table 6 inches above Bay Lakes.

The only problem was the park used Bay Lake as a supply, pumping 8,500 gallons an hour up the 3 slides and down again into the parks pool. That was the only way the water was filtered.

RNRguy

i did notice this in feb. on my vaction.. i did see bulldozers over in that area.. i dont know what they were doing but ...:shrug:

Bigart

The idea of chlorinating the swimming hole and sealing it off from the lake had been considered before. The problem wasn't just with the lake water, but the expense of running the place after TL and BB were built. As we have all said it would be super cool to get it back up and running again, but it now looks as it will be bulldozed.

Skyway, 20000 leagues, FW Railroad, River Country, Discovery Island, If You Had Wings, etc etc...gone to the ages.
If anyone hasn't checked it out, look at :

http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wyw.htm

its a great page remembering all of the extinct attractions from the golden years of the 70s and 80s..Im sure most of you have seen it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom