River Country Rumor!

meekoman

It's been years since I've been to FW, so my initial thought was that it could be used as an expansion for campsites, but I'm not sure how far it is from the rest of the campground.

As for POP, would those buildings be able to be salvaged since they've been left to the elements for all these years?

Ziffell

If the rumor is true about the demo of the River Country remains, then it must have something to do with safety. Obviously people can get back there.

That was my first thought too. It's not difficult at all to get in, or it least it wasn't as of a couple years ago. Now with all the photos online, Disney has probably figured it out and made it more difficult.

828tnt

sad, just in seeing rotting memories, that is. but to put it out of it's misery and move on is long overdue....

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
If true is could be something as simple as the place becoming an eye sore and Disney is sick of guest complaints, questions and photos being posted on line.

Combined with the fact that I'd imagine construction/demolition work is cheaper now then it was 5 years ago, perhaps Disney figures they've got to demolish it eventually, and the cost will likely be higher in the future.

Probably won't happen, but here's hoping.

There are plans for that area (I've seen them). Just can't say when it will happen. Who knows.

Tease!

chase!

Where can I find pictures from the people who sneak in? I used to love River Country when I was little and would love to get in and look around. I think the legal route by looking at pictures from other people is a little safer though.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Combined with the fact that I'd imagine construction/demolition work is cheaper now then it was 5 years ago, perhaps Disney figures they've got to demolish it eventually, and the cost will likely be higher in the future.
Labor definitely is cheaper right now. Every section of the building industry is incredibly cutthroat at the moment. In almost every project we bid there seams to be at least one company willing to do the job at cost just to keep the lights on. On the other hand building materials, lumber in particular, has spiked in price as of late but that will make little difference in a demolition project.

GymLeaderPhil

I have it on good authority that Pop is the next resort project, now that Hawaii is complete, and should be ready for next summer.
I can also vouch that there has been some back of house restructuring for the Legendary Years to open at Pop Century within a few years.

GymLeaderPhil

Any word on if they will be primarily suites?
No idea. It would make sense seeing the popularity in them at the All Star Music. The existing structures at the Legendary Years site will be demolished, so all suites are not out of the question.

I'm also guessing that most of the back of house work will involve building dedicated facilities for the entire Pop Century resort, because as of right now they are utilizing the Caribbean Beach ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom