River Country Rumor!

Figment632

Original Poster
I have heard through the CM grapevine from a friend that works in Glendale (I know us CM's aren't the most reliable sources sometimes but that is why I am saying rumor) that bull dozers will be heading to demolish the entire park soon. Can anyone confirm this?

bgraham34

It would surprise me just because its been sitting there so long. If it is to be bulldozed they would have something planned to go there.

drossjr

I doubt it, if it is true it is probaly just a safety hazard.

True, just strange the timing of it, if it was a safety hazard and I see your point about it being one why so long to tear it down??? I miss River Country barely remember going but at least I did

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If true is could be something as simple as the place becoming an eye sore and Disney is sick of guest complaints, questions and photos being posted on line.

cblodg

If true is could be something as simple as the place becoming an eye sore and Disney is sick of guest complaints, questions and photos being posted on line.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure Disney is none too pleased that people have found their way into a park that is supposed to be off limits, and pictures of its decrepid state all over the net don't help.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure Disney is none too pleased that people have found their way into a park that is supposed to be off limits, and pictures of its decrepid state all over the net don't help.
If this turns out to be correct I hope we see daily photoblogs and videos of Pop Century the Road Warrior years. It might be the only way that place either gets torn down or finished.

Andrew54

If this turns out to be correct I hope we see daily photoblogs and videos of Pop Century the Road Warrior years. It might be the only way that place either gets torn down or finished.
Yeah why not do something with the rest of pop century first. Its a much more noticeable eyesore.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah why not do something with the rest of pop century first. Its a much more noticeable eyesore.
RC can be turned into a barren grass field for less that it would cost for them to demo one building at Pop. Also, while still bad, Pop looks no where near as bad as RC. At this point I'll take what I can get.

kcnole

Yeah, River Country seems to be easier to get into and far more dangerous. Its also more enticing than just some old buildings for photographs. My guess is its just a way to stop people from going through their with cameras and possibly getting hurt and suing them as a result.

cblodg

Start the campaign!

That is such an eyesoar. I didn't realize how bad it was until we drove through Pop on our last trip. Simply depressing.

Pioneer Hall

Start the campaign!

That is such an eyesoar. I didn't realize how bad it was until we drove through Pop on our last trip. Simply depressing.

I realized that the other half of pop is appropriately themed. They decided the whole resort was going to be themed to the depression of the late 20's and 30's.

Bigart

If the rumor is true about the demo of the River Country remains, then it must have something to do with safety. Obviously people can get back there. If it is razed and filled, it will probably end up an empty lot, or a storage area.

djkidkaz

I wonder if there is a possibility of them building a new waterpark there? I mean, they can obviously use it seeing as Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon close to capacity on a consistent basis.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I wonder if there is a possibility of them building a new waterpark there? I mean, they can obviously use it seeing as Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon close to capacity on a consistent basis.
It is spring break. Closures of the water parks it quite common this time of year. When TL and BB are consistently closed due to attendance mid week in October then it will be time for a third water park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom