River Country Nature Trail to be demolished

cdunbar

Heh, heh, heh. Well done. I get tired of correcting 74's errors so I let this go but you did a great job.

As for others mentioning BL parasites and pollution in BL, neither is a real issues. Disney is just erring on the side of caution. Personally, I wouldn't swim in a Florida lake in the summer. Now folks from other regions don't understand Florida lakes. If it doesn't look like Wakiva springs or the like they assume it's polluted. I'd bet money BL is spring fed but not enough volume to flush the tanin, which is 100% natural by the way. But it would be enough to flush what minor (emphasis on minor) pollution that the recreational watercraft and runoff from area resorts creates. Unfortunately we live in an age when emotions trump reason and folks have surrendered their intellectual capabilities and just plain common sense for the security blanket of group think. It's embarassing.

PS- if someone says something to the effect of not being sure if Bay Lake is "cement lined" or that it is "brackish" :lol:, it really calls into question everything they say. These aren't just "misspeaks".

*end of rant-o-the-day* :wave:
My god you certainly get your jollies off of personal attacks don't you?
You must be one sad little, know-it-all but in all reality know nothing person.

jt04

My god you certainly get your jollies off of personal attacks don't you?
You must be one sad little, know-it-all but in all reality know nothing person.

I'm just anti-propaganda. And for very good reasons. But that's a rant for another day.

Pluto_is_my_fav

Here's what I don't understand. It seems a real "lake" could be a great upgrade at WDW. Imagineers can do anything. Why wouldn't they do whatever it takes to make this lake swimmable?

hack2112

Let me put it another way, then. It seems Disney can do almost anything. Why can't it get imagineers, biologists, and whoever else is needed to make Bay Lake swimmable? Still seems to me like it would be a huge value add.
I have three reasons why they either can't, or shouldn't try this.

1. If I am correct biologists haven't tackled this problem, which is probably because
  2. If this were to be done, it could be disastrous for the enviornment, which would be a very bad thing in real life, and in the imaginary world of Disney PR.
  3. It would probably be one of the most expensive undertakings Disney has done, and for what added value? I would rather Disney spend the millions on making their parks look nicer.

_Scar

Let me put it another way, then. It seems Disney can do almost anything. Why can't it get imagineers, biologists, and whoever else is needed to make Bay Lake swimmable? Still seems to me like it would be a huge value add.

How would it be a huge added value?

They already have enough going on in that lake for them to make money off of it- why do they need people swimming in it?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I really don't understand why this conversation is about the lake and it's water.

I want to know WHY they are closing the trail?

_Scar

Maybe it takes a lot of maintenance to keep it from etting overgrown and they just want to let it go and not worry about it.... let mother nature take over.

Sound familiar? :lookaroun

unkadug

Maybe it takes a lot of maintenance to keep it from etting overgrown and they just want to let it go and not worry about it.... let mother nature take over.

Sound familiar? :lookaroun

See, there lies the fallacy right there. A NATURE trail shouldn't take a lot of maintenance. That defeats the whole purpose.

unkadug

Well, it's not really a trail if it's covered in overgrown trees. :lookaroun
That's what a nature trail should be. Trees overhead. Grasses underneath you. Nature surrounding you.

"A lot" of maintenance and "maintenance" are two separate things.

splashtest

Trust me the water is polluted and has some funky stuff growing in it. I got a nasty nasty skin eating type rash on my legs after renting one of the catamarans from the Contemporary. The water from Bay Lake that splash up onto part of my legs created nasty sores. Some were u to 5 inches in diameter, and very painful. The doctor said it was a parasite that is present in the water when the water become too warm.

Whenever I see anyone even remotely near that water I cringe. There are signs all over the place to stay out, but people still allow there kids in...I just don't get it!!!

unkadug

Trust me the water is polluted and has some funky stuff growing in it. I got a nasty nasty skin eating type rash on my legs after renting one of the catamarans from the Contemporary. The water from Bay Lake that splash up onto part of my legs created nasty sores. Some were u to 5 inches in diameter, and very painful. The doctor said it was a parasite that is present in the water when the water become too warm.

Whenever I see anyone even remotely near that water I cringe. There are signs all over the place to stay out, but people still allow there kids in...I just don't get it!!!

What was the name of this parasite?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom