River Country Nature Trail to be demolished

WDW1974

Pathetic and sad. I spent many a happy day on that trail ...heck, there was a time when you could actually sit on the walkway and dangle your feet into the real Bay lake.

WDW Vacationer

Sad to see a part of RC go,but really,the while thing needs to go.

I don't beleive Bay Lake is polluted,Disney has been good to nature at WDW.

jt04

Sad to see a part of RC go,but really,the while thing needs to go.

I don't beleive Bay Lake is polluted,Disney has been good to nature at WDW.

It's not polluted. RC is a dangerous site though and needs to be removed. I'm suprised the State of Florida hasn't demanded they remove it.

Anyway, I'm wondering if they are preparing to expand the DVC at WL, build a seperate resort, expand Fort Wilderness or, build that rumored boutique park. All are possible IMO.

cdunbar

Is Bay Lake really polluted? If so, how/why did Disney allow this?
Well I mean you have to think about how bay lake is used everyday. Boat gas has a greater pollution quality than normal gas does, so bay lake is going to be polluted because of the large fairies they use everyday to transport guests. You also have to remember that not only is there just the fairies but the barges for the water parade, and water sports equipment you can rent at the Contemporary. But if Bay Lake does not have a concrete bottom, which I'm not sure if it does or doesn't, than just lake any other man made lakes it has to be drained and cleaned upon occasion which I never recall them doing, so it's probably quite nasty. Disney does have large signs all over the dock areas of the MK resorts that say do not swim in this water. Not only that but you also have to remember that all that property was a swap till Walt bought it, well hell some it still is a swap, and I'm sure upon occasion there are gators in the lake not saying that they last longer than a few days before they are removed and taken someplace better for their safety, but Gators aren't exactly known to like clean water. But I'll give a good example of how my city treats our man made lakes of which there are at least 10, every 10-15 years the lake is drained and the scum is removed and if they don't do it eventually the scum becomes toxic, my college actually pays to have the one in front of the school done every 5 years because our water ski team uses it practically everyday and they have no desire to have suit brought against them by some angry water skier's parents whose kid is sick from the water, and lemme tell ya you think Football parents are scary you have no idea till you meet a water skier's parents. But I've gone through this whole dog and pony show here to tell you yes it's polluted sorry I can be a bit long winded about enviromental stuff because it's kind of my passion...:shrug::lol:
It's not polluted. RC is a dangerous site though and needs to be removed. I'm suprised the State of Florida hasn't demanded they remove it.

Anyway, I'm wondering if they are preparing to expand the DVC at WL, build a seperate resort, expand Fort Wilderness or, build that rumored boutique park. All are possible IMO.
Well jt, and god help me for saying this because I will probably never echo these words again, I agree with you. Florida is very very serious about any enviromental contamination. The only reason I can see that FL or SWFW MD, who is about 1,000,000x's scarier than any other FL enviromental organization, hasn't come after them is because it's connected to Bay Lake. But I still agree that Disney shouldn't have left it there to rot, I mean by doing this they have probably caused some of Florida's other less friendly and more shall we say slimmy creatures to join the cast at WDW, some which can kill you with just one bite. So as much as '74 is correct and it is part of the glory days at WDW, it is becoming a waste site. :shrug:

SeaCastle

Really? I always thought it was! Well color me wrong then! But if that's the case than the pollution is probably worse than I thought!

It isn't manmade in the sense that Seven Seas Lagoon was. Bay Lake was always there, but it was drained and dredged to meet Disney's needs. (It was formerly a sort-of marsh.) The dredged material was then used to elevate the Magic Kingdom from sea level, and once Bay Lake was drained, white sand was found on the bottom, and such sand now lines the beaches of some of the Magic Kingdom resort hotels.

RNRguy

yeah i saw this last week... on to boat back from chef mickeys to wilderness,... i looked kinda odd.. bc i saw some contruction equipmnt over there.. but it was really cool to see it.. bc i had never seen it!.. andmy friend said somthing about maybe theywill build another esort there... , but i have a question.. on the other side of bay lake by the contempory tey have a like a old boat dock or something (looks creppy) what is that?:shrug: any help!

jt04

Well I mean you have to think about how bay lake is used everyday. Boat gas has a greater pollution quality than normal gas does, so bay lake is going to be polluted because of the large fairies they use everyday to transport guests. You also have to remember that not only is there just the fairies but the barges for the water parade, and water sports equipment you can rent at the Contemporary. But if Bay Lake does not have a concrete bottom, which I'm not sure if it does or doesn't, than just lake any other man made lakes it has to be drained and cleaned upon occasion which I never recall them doing, so it's probably quite nasty. Disney does have large signs all over the dock areas of the MK resorts that say do not swim in this water. Not only that but you also have to remember that all that property was a swap till Walt bought it, well hell some it still is a swap, and I'm sure upon occasion there are gators in the lake not saying that they last longer than a few days before they are removed and taken someplace better for their safety, but Gators aren't exactly known to like clean water. But I'll give a good example of how my city treats our man made lakes of which there are at least 10, every 10-15 years the lake is drained and the scum is removed and if they don't do it eventually the scum becomes toxic, my college actually pays to have the one in front of the school done every 5 years because our water ski team uses it practically everyday and they have no desire to have suit brought against them by some angry water skier's parents whose kid is sick from the water, and lemme tell ya you think Football parents are scary you have no idea till you meet a water skier's parents. But I've gone through this whole dog and pony show here to tell you yes it's polluted sorry I can be a bit long winded about enviromental stuff because it's kind of my passion...:shrug::lol:

Well jt, and god help me for saying this because I will probably never echo these words again, I agree with you. Florida is very very serious about any enviromental contamination. The only reason I can see that FL or SWFW MD, who is about 1,000,000x's scarier than any other FL enviromental organization, hasn't come after them is because it's connected to Bay Lake. But I still agree that Disney shouldn't have left it there to rot, I mean by doing this they have probably caused some of Florida's other less friendly and more shall we say slimmy creatures to join the cast at WDW, some which can kill you with just one bite. So as much as '74 is correct and it is part of the glory days at WDW, it is becoming a waste site. :shrug:

I never said it was a pollution hazard. It's a safety hazard.

The rest of your musings are beyond comment. But talk about pollution. I literally wouldn't know where to start in "de-polluting" it. It's literally beyond belief that someone could parrot this stuff so easily without considering it's logic or how it sounds to others. My advice: Question everything! Especially so-called "academics".

But hey, then again, keep stoking the inevitable backlash. Who am I to argue?:shrug:

cdunbar

It isn't manmade in the sense that Seven Seas Lagoon was. Bay Lake was always there, but it was drained and dredged to meet Disney's needs. (It was formerly a sort-of marsh.) The dredged material was then used to elevate the Magic Kingdom from sea level, and once Bay Lake was drained, white sand was found on the bottom, and such sand now lines the beaches of some of the Magic Kingdom resort hotels.
Well thank you for that info, I do appreciate it! :)
I never said it was a pollution hazard. It's a safety hazard.

The rest of your musings are beyond comment. But talk about pollution. I literally wouldn't know where to start in "de-polluting" it. It's literally beyond belief that someone could parrot this stuff so easily without considering it's logic or how it sounds to others. My advice: Question everything! Especially so-called "academics".

But hey, then again, keep stoking the inevitable backlash. Who am I to argue?:shrug:
Ya know I was going to say something snarky but honestly, you're just not worth it.

mickeysaver

Boat gas has a greater pollution quality than normal gas does, so bay lake is going to be polluted because of the large fairies they use everyday to transport guests.

Sorry, but while you more or less sound like you know what you are talking about in your post, the use of Fairies instead of Ferries is just too funny.

:ROFLOL: The mental images of big Fairies carrying all of us around is just too funny. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom