River Country gone for good?

imagineersrock

lol.. c'mon guys, some of these ideas are getting kind of random, how about we just leave it as is, and if the money is there, they will fix up, and re-open it as a water park.

:cool:

YoHo

Originally posted by objr
I thought that the system was too costly to run, and with all the cutbacks, plus with the addition of Blizzard Beach and it taking away much of the crowds...the park was closed cause it was becoming to expensive to maintain...

Atleast thats what I heard...it was my favorite water park...I hope they open it again...

Yeah, that's more accurate, but it wasn't just a filter for River Country it was a filter for both bay lake and the Seven seas lagoon.

kurros

The water isn't that bad. I mean we still have triathalons that swim across the lake., and I don't think they require any shots to do it.

YoHo

Originally posted by kurros
The water isn't that bad. I mean we still have triathalons that swim across the lake., and I don't think they require any shots to do it.

Yeah, people swim in he East river too. That doesn't make it advisable for most people. Those do not swim signs didn't appear at the resorts for giggles and they weren't always there.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Islands of Adventure isn't doing that great because it isn't considered a family park. .
Please don't pretend your opinion is a fact. Universal is VERY pleased with IOA's success. It is the 7th most visited park in the world and its attendance has been steadily rising each year. It is also ahead of Disney's very own California Adventure. Now THAT is the park that Disney shouldn't think of building again. A heavily themed thrill park would actually do quite well.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Please don't pretend your opinion is a fact. Universal is VERY pleased with IOA's success. It is the 7th most visited park in the world and its attendance has been steadily rising each year. It is also ahead of Disney's very own California Adventure. Now THAT is the park that Disney shouldn't think of building again. A heavily themed thrill park would actually do quite well.

Any major theme park in the Orlando area (especially one backed by a big name like Universal) will be on the higher attendance lists. That is partially do to the people who come for Disney vacations and wander over to Universal.

Jokercoaster

Look this is getting ridiculous, from talking to a couple of travel agent and talking on the phone with the Wal Disney World operator, she said that simply what happened to River Country was 9/11. Attendance dropped so dramaticaly that it was not very economical to operate 3 water parks when the money wasn't there, so I believe once tourism goes up again, so will River Country. I've heard rumors on another topic saying that when it does reopen, it will be expanded.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by s25843
Let me Guess, you learned that from your WDI "Source"?

No, actually, I heard that from various boat captains that sail the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake. :)

the_rich

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by s25843
Let me Guess, you learned that from your WDI "Source"?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, actually, I heard that from various boat captains that sail the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.

for god's sake will you just give bill a break. if he is proven wrong about stitch and his source is really a fake; then fine say whatever you want about him. but what if he is right and his source is legit then what are all of you guys going to say. you may be made a fool of because of what your saying. let's just wait and see what happens.(s25843 this isn't directed solely at you)

s25843

for god's sake will you just give bill a break. if he is proven wrong about stitch and his source is really a fake; then fine say whatever you want about him. but what if he is right and his source is legit then what are all of you guys going to say. you may be made a fool of because of what your saying. let's just wait and see what happens.(s25843 this isn't directed solely at you) [/B] [/B]

We razz him because he is a banned member who just decided to come back on his own and act like he knows everything, I think for most of us, that is our biggest beef with him

fngoofy

Did you know:

River Country was the first water park in the US.

I can remember visiting in the late 70s and loving it, totaly unique experience at the time.

YoHo

No gator problem huh? That's why there is a pair with a nest in Rivers of America that the CMs have named?
That's why I personally saw a gator trap at OKW?

Well problem may not be the right word, but they certainly don't shy away from guests.

And Jokercoaster, I could have sworn River Country closed it's doors well before 9/11/2001, but I can't find a confirmed date on the internet, so I won't state that as a fact.

Bill

Account Suspended
Okay, let's understand this... I was banned becuase I had more then one username & used them to vote on the wallpaper contests. I know that was wrong, and it will NOT happen again.

But please understand, I don't have a record of spreading false rumors, lying to people, pretending to know things, spamming, being a troll, or anything else. (Though I did plug my site a few times as well... okay, more like 20.) But, I don't do that anymore.

I assure you that Jon is real, and that I'm not making up my information. I have said this time & time again. There is NO reason to keep at me for posting news that Jon has told me, or to suggest that "Jon" is telling me everything I know. If you have something against me, e-mail me. bill@magicalears.com

I'm not here to spam, or be mean to anyone. I'm just here to keep you updated on news and rumors. And, on top of that, other members here have even confirmed what I have said. There isn't a reason to hold anything against me. Some of you point to the fact that I don't have a good track record with this "Jon" Imagineer... well, you're right. I don't have a good track record with him. In fact, I don't have one at all with "Jon." That is precisely why you need to let me post what "Jon" tells me, so there can be a track record. Unfortunately, there's no way of proving that Jon is an Imagineer... we run on track records here.

People like Lee have excellent records... obviously Lee has good sources that are proven to be true. I am like a new "Lee" and you need to allow me time to prove to you that my sources are correct. So, here's my wager. We'll do it by Stitch. If there is a CM Preview or soft opening of Stitch's Great Escape! before June 15, then you need to give me credit. If not, then you don't give me credit, instead, you all can make a huge post sayin "Bill & Jon Were Wrong!" & I'll limit my posting. But please, don't just say whatever I say is false... you really don't know what you're saying yet.

Disneyland/DCA

Bill......you're ok by me. I like the updates you give, and i could care less if they were not true. Just as long as you don't lie about Disneyland's projects:lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Jeeeeeeez.... this is a RUMOURS board. RUMOUR. Not fact. Please, everyone chill. If you want fact, look at www.Disney.com.

Otherwise, lets have fun politely discussing what may - or may not - happen in the future. Peace!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom