Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Surferboy567

Hey Gang! - was reading previous posts.
The issue with RotR was wifi connectivity dropping. The ride cars communicate via wifi.
When the signal is lost for more than 300 milliseconds, as a rule of safety, the ride cars all shut down.
Prob. was they kept losing connectivity and no one could figure out why.
Just recently, they solved the problem (no idea what the solution was, though I suggested checking patch cables, lol)
Now things are working and they are heavy into "Test and Adjust"
I have been told by my contacts - around September for DL and December for WDW

Do you have any info on the "drop" I've heard from many people it's not a thrilling drop...to it is so do you know which one it is? Either way this is my most anticipated new ride for my upcoming trip happy it will be open when I'm there...I do wonder will this effect MMRR?

raymusiccity

the small drop section?

i persume with no factual evidence that the ride vehicle must enter what is essentially an elevator that the car "mates" to like in TOT but obviously not all intense and tall. theres likely alot of sensor typd stuff going on to make that happen smoothly.
Since you're either in the midst of escaping, or under attack, I don't think they'll be concerned with it happening smoothly 😁

raymusiccity

I think Martin meant "almost the width of the building."

Which is still huge.
Reminds me of that old joke about the not too bright workers who were tasked with measuring a very tall flagpole. One worker cut it down to measure it. His co-worker quickly ran in and slapping him on the back of his head shouted, 'We need the height, not the width' !!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The issue with RotR was wifi connectivity dropping. The ride cars communicate via wifi.
When the signal is lost for more than 300 milliseconds, as a rule of safety, the ride cars all shut down.
Just recently, they solved the problem (no idea what the solution was, though I suggested checking patch cables, lol)
Dates sound ballpark reliable.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

so they stopped using AT&T? I mean AT&T's logo was the Death Star so.....

SWGalaxysEdge

Do you have any info on the "drop" I've heard from many people it's not a thrilling drop...to it is so do you know which one it is? Either way this is my most anticipated new ride for my upcoming trip happy it will be open when I'm there...I do wonder will this effect MMRR?

...its a controlled drop/descent back to Batuu.
Your ride car will drive into an escape pod/ship "thingy" and then launch back to Batuu. The pod takes twists and turns as it heads back through the atmosphere...it "crashes" pretty quickly and you can see Galaxy's Edge coming up fast as you crash inside the giant engine-like craft. Your car will then roll out and you disembark, walk out.

Picture #1 - your pod/escape craft.
Picture #2 - you've seen this in every SWGE picture but the giant engine thingy your vehicle ends up inside.

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
They will probably wait to see what happens once DL opens theirs then things can be adjusted if/when problems arise when the attraction starts filling up with guests.

Old Mouseketeer

Totally makes sense from what we've seen in the framing of the building. I remember the angled corridor on the second floor. Wow! Best Easter present I got by a long shot. Thank you!!!

EDIT: Wait--why did you change them? They were so much easier to read when you first posted them.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom