Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was a Jim Hill rumor that the hanger bay room was as large as the entire show building for PotC. That seems hard to believe. I tried checking this on Google maps but the satellite image hasn't been updated for GE yet. Can anyone confirm the size comparison is correct?

ROTR show building, 1.8 Acres.

POTC first show building 1.1 acres..

POTC second show building .88 acres..

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There was a Jim Hill rumor that the hanger bay room was as large as the entire show building for PotC. That seems hard to believe. I tried checking this on Google maps but the satellite image hasn't been updated for GE yet. Can anyone confirm the size comparison is correct?
I remember when the reporters when into the hanger lots of them reported it was a very large room. Even on Jim’s Hill they got one of the reporters on and she described it as “Imagine Soarin boarding room with all the gliders removed and the screen behind you with no pit in the front of the room since the screen is in the back”
I think you should think of Pirates as two show buildings. I think Jim is correct IF you are only counting the 2nd Pirate show building. Not the one that serves double duty as half of New Orleans Square.

Not quite.

“Hanger Bay Room” 18500 sq ft
PotC show building 39000 sq ft

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

Oh, it’s big. Floor to ceiling, no visible supports big. Almost the length of the building.

Almost the length? We saw this room framed in before the skin was applied to the exterior. This includes the portal for the screen and the angled side walls where the two TIE fighters are hanging on the wall. At most it was 35-40% of the length.

EDIT: As Marc Davis fan pointed out below, marni probably meant width, which is absolutely true and REALLY big.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

Oh, it’s big. Floor to ceiling, no visible supports big. Almost the length of the building.

Almost the length? We saw this room framed in before the skin was applied to the exterior. This includes the portal for the screen and the angled side walls where the two TIE fighters are hanging on the wall. At most it was 35-40% of the length.

I think Martin meant "almost the width of the building."

Which is still huge.

SWGalaxysEdge

Hey Gang! - was reading previous posts.
The issue with RotR was wifi connectivity dropping. The ride cars communicate via wifi.
When the signal is lost for more than 300 milliseconds, as a rule of safety, the ride cars all shut down.
Prob. was they kept losing connectivity and no one could figure out why.
Just recently, they solved the problem (no idea what the solution was, though I suggested checking patch cables, lol)
Now things are working and they are heavy into "Test and Adjust"
I have been told by my contacts - around September for DL and December for WDW

180º

Hey Gang! - was reading previous posts.
The issue with RotR was wifi connectivity dropping. The ride cars communicate via wifi.
When the signal is lost for more than 300 milliseconds, as a rule of safety, the ride cars all shut down.
Prob. was they kept losing connectivity and no one could figure out why.
Just recently, they solved the problem (no idea what the solution was, though I suggested checking patch cables, lol)
Now things are working and they are heavy into "Test and Adjust"
I have been told by my contacts - around September for DL and December for WDW
This is definitely consistent with my proposed synopsis for the attraction:

1. Superstar Wars Limo
It may be delayed, but this attraction will be well worth the wait. Join Rey, Finn, and their agent Swifty LaRue on a daring escape from a First Order Star Destroyer. When the Resistance leaves them high and dry after a contract dispute, our heroes – and YOU – must find a way out before Kylo Ren unplugs the WiFi router or else you’ll be stranded inside and miss your dinner reservation at Café Orleans. Capiche? Must be 40” tall.

Replace “Café Orleans” with “Mama Melrose’s” and you’re good to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom