Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Yay! I can't wait to hear all about this trip! I can see why J loved AoA! It is a really great resort for younger kids! My kids adored the Cars suite we stayed in before our cruise in 2014, and we loved the Lion King suite our last trip only because we had 2 bathrooms for the 5 of us which is fantastic now that the kids are older!

slipperalwaysfits

While waiting for our server to bring the check R started talking about the last trip & slyly found a way to bring up the popcorn bucket & E right away started complaining about it!! Oh, if she only knew what she was in for!

I wish I had this kind of tact to bring something up without it being so obvious! :angelic:

In the end he ended up with a police car & some kind of building toy. E told him he couldn't open it on the plane b/c she knew the pieces would end up everywhere.

A police car and a toy? Lucky J! E is so smart that she wouldn't let him open it! Sweet of her to take his adorable suitcase!

I was busy on the phone. I have an 85 year old uncle in a nursing home who isn't doing well. I noticed he had called me twice so I figured something was wrong.
I instead got stressed out b/c I became a last minute referee for Family Feud.

I'm sorry your uncle isn't doing well. I'm glad the drama wasn't super serious (it sounds like) o_O:angelic::cautious:. It was sweet of you to mediate. I'm sure with R and E and J there, you were able to forget about it or at least put it out of your mind for awhile so you can have a fantastic trip!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!

Already, I'm having chuckles! I always notice silly, insignificant details, and I had such a laugh over the group photo. Why? R (who is a tall gentleman) was slightly crouching down a little, to make sure he'd fit into the picture, length-wise -- but then I noticed that little J was also crouching down a bit (to fit into the picture)?

But J is just a little peanut-sized fella, and he didn't have to crouch down! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom