Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

lindawdw

YAY... I'm so happy to see that you began your TR!!! I can't wait until you get to the part where you present E with the Popcorn Buckets! 🤣 🤣 It was amazing that J was able to keep the secret to himself for so long! I can't believe that you're staying at AOA over Port Orleans but it sounds like it was certainly a hit with J! Can't wait for more!!!

riverside

Original Poster
What a good lazy Saturday. House is clean, belly is full, laying on my couch, and I open my laptop and find a @riverside report. All I need now is a glass of Merlot.
Aww--you're too kind!! And a glass of Merlot sounds pretty good right about now!!
Yes!!! It's 🍿 time!!! I'm SO in!
giphy (1).gif
Yay!! Glad you're here!!
Looking forward to this report, especially the big popcorn bucket reveal 😂😂😂
Thank you!! And trust me, the laughs continued even after the big reveal!!
Yay! I can't wait to hear all about this trip! I can see why J loved AoA! It is a really great resort for younger kids! My kids adored the Cars suite we stayed in before our cruise in 2014, and we loved the Lion King suite our last trip only because we had 2 bathrooms for the 5 of us which is fantastic now that the kids are older!
Glad you're here!! Yes, it is great for kids. J really liked it. I'm glad we stayed there for him, that's for sure. I would have to say the only downfall was that J would have a hard time going to bed b/c he knew we were right outside his bedroom door so he looked at it as play time & would make up every excuse as to why he had to keep leaving the bedroom!! Having 2 bathrooms is a definite plus!!
Following along. Looking forward to the cuteness of J.
Awww--thank you!!
How did J get even more adorable from last trip til this one?

And I’m in of course too. 🍿🍿🍿
Awwww--you're so sweet!!

Glad you're here!!:happy:
Sooo excited to follow along on the popcorn bucket adventures!
And while not fabulous for you to have to deal with, it's an excellent sign regarding your uncles health if he is being that contrary!
Thank you!! It was an adventure that's for sure!!

Contrary is putting it nicely!! I know he's going through a lot but he can really test my patience!!
I'm here! Can't wait to read all about your trip!
Thank you!! I'm glad you're here!!
I wish I had this kind of tact to bring something up without it being so obvious! :angelic:
You & me both!!
I'm sorry your uncle isn't doing well. I'm glad the drama wasn't super serious (it sounds like) o_O:angelic::cautious:. It was sweet of you to mediate. I'm sure with R and E and J there, you were able to forget about it or at least put it out of your mind for awhile so you can have a fantastic trip!
Thank you. The drama wasn't serious & he was making a mountain out of a molehill!! I'm his POA so I guess he thinks that part of my duties are to side with him & solve his problems!!:banghead: It was an aggravating way to start the trip!!
My sister would probably want to buy that Santa Mickey bucket from you. After our adventures chasing down all those buckets, she would flip over that one.
I'll ask E if she would be willing to part with it(I think I know the answer:cautious:) Now, J on the other hand might be a different story!!
Woohoo count me in!
Yay!! Glad you're here!!
Woohoo! Excited for this. 🍿
Thank you!! I'm excited you're here!!
I’m in! Can’t wait.
Thank you!! I'm enjoying yours!!
A trip report that's not from Riverside - is up now down? are dogs now cats? Can't wait to hear more about it.
I know right?? What's this world coming to!! Thank you!!
I’m in! Let the popcornstory begin 😁
Thanks!! It will be here shortly!!
Already, I'm having chuckles! I always notice silly, insignificant details, and I had such a laugh over the group photo. Why? R (who is a tall gentleman) was slightly crouching down a little, to make sure he'd fit into the picture, length-wise -- but then I noticed that little J was also crouching down a bit (to fit into the picture)?

But J is just a little peanut-sized fella, and he didn't have to crouch down! :joyfull:
Yeah--I'm not sure why either one was crouching--it didn't make much sense to me. E shook her head when she noticed that R didn't put his Coke bottle down for the picture!!
I'm happy to see your report! I can't wait to see more and the reaction to the buckets. And J is just too cute!
Thank you!! It was quite entertaining!! J was really excited about it!! I have to agree--he is pretty cute!!
I'm in! Loving all those popcorn buckets
Yay!! They sure made for a lot of fun!!
YAY... I'm so happy to see that you began your TR!!! I can't wait until you get to the part where you present E with the Popcorn Buckets! 🤣 🤣 It was amazing that J was able to keep the secret to himself for so long! I can't believe that you're staying at AOA over Port Orleans but it sounds like it was certainly a hit with J! Can't wait for more!!!
Thank you!! The first reveal will be soon!! I was impressed with him & he was so proud of himself!! I can't believe it either but there wasn't much choice since POR was full. We actually ended up spending more free time at POR than AoA!!
Hello Riverside!!!! Once a riverside, always a riverside, LOL.
I'm here as usual # 777777th, but happy to be here and see another great trip report from RIVERSIDE!
You know it!!

Thank you!! I'm happy you're here & you're not late at all. I'm just getting started!!

riverside

Original Poster
TS aliens.gif

I'm a little late to the party, but still super excited for this one! 🍿😂
Thank you so much!! Not late at all--I'm really just getting started!!
How did I miss the first 48 hours of this TR? Your title is also an excellent one! I wish we were a fly on the wall to see E's face when the buckets appeared on scene :p
Thank you--I'm not the most clever so I have to admit I was quite proud of myself!! In a way you kind of will be--I was able to get it on video!!

riverside

Original Poster
DID YOU SAY ON VIDEO? Off course if E agrees, I think some of us here would be very curious to see how that went down :p
Oh she's well aware that the video is part of the TR!! Here's my issue--when she discovered what was going on she let out an expletive that I know would not be allowed on here!! I've taken to imovie & was able to "beep" over the part where she swore but if you read her lips it will be obvious what she said. Do you think that will be allowed on here? I would really hate not to be able to post it b/c it was pretty funny.

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 17TH

J likes the window seat & since he wanted me to sit next to him I got the dreaded middle seat.
IMG_5047.JPEG

For anyone not familiar with Pittsburgh this is what it looks like more often than not. Overcast & gray.....
IMG_5049.JPEG

Some things never change....
IMG_5055.JPEG

J got a rainbow colored pencil & activity page when we were at the toy store so he was having fun watching the pencil write in all the different colors.
IMG_5056.JPEG

I needed a drink after trying to settle Family Feud. A few weeks before the trip I got Southwest drink coupons in the mail so it was free!!
IMG_5059.JPEG

While we were at the airport R realized that he forgot his earbuds. I told him to buy them in one of the shops. He took one look at the price($50.00) & said he would do without. What that really meant was I was the one who would have to do without :rolleyes: Why do other peoples problems become mine?? I wouldn't have cared so much(actually I did b/c SVU was on) but he fell asleep almost immediately so there he was sleeping while I could have been using the earbuds!
IMG_5061.JPEG

I bought these while we were at the Sarris store.
IMG_5062.JPEG

J was more than happy to help eat them!! He & I also did the games in the activity book that my friend had given him.
IMG_5065.JPEG

I spied a Frito on the floor & it wasn't ours. Wonder how long that was there for?
IMG_5067.JPEG

As we were getting close to landing J said that he needed some gum for his ears. When he was ready to get rid of it he asked me where he should put it. I was trying to get in my bag & see what I had in there that I could put it in. Somehow as he was talking the gum fell out of his mouth. I'm busy trying to find it on the floor & was unsuccessful. Finally he says, "Just forget about it!!" o_O Not wanting to be like the Frito passenger I kept looking until I found it--stuck to his hand!!

During the flight there was a little boy in front of us at the window seat. For the whole flight(I kid you not) he kept opening & closing the blind. Let me rephrase that--he kept SLAMMING the blind!! It was so annoying. Every time he opened it we would get blinded by the light & every time he closed it I thought the plane was falling apart b/c he would close it so hard. It was so bad that J was even getting annoyed. J likes to watch the plane land so he opened the blind for that but once we landed he closed it & proclaimed, "I need some shade after this!!"🤣🤣🤣
IMG_5068.JPEG

Then came the biggest train wreck of all. We actually landed quite early. So early, in fact, that we couldn't go to the gate b/c there was another plane there that would be leaving shortly. After sitting for about 10 minutes the pilot announces that we're now heading to the gate & to remain seated. You know, there always has to be one in every bunch.... A woman decides to get up to go to the bathroom :facepalm::facepalm:
A flight attendant came on & told her to go back to her seat which she chose not to do. You might wonder what happens when their orders are disobeyed?? They pull the plane over!! I never knew that was such a thing. The pilot came on & said that no one was to be moving through the aircraft & as a result he had to pull the plane over!! Of course everyone was grumbling & I suggested to my family that we "boo" her as she was heading back to her seat. I still couldn't believe that happened!! No regard for anyone but herself!!

riverside

Original Poster
FRIDAY, JANUARY 17TH

We finally made it to the gate & disembarked. I thought this looked pretty neat!!
IMG_5069.JPEG

I also thought it was pretty realistic looking!!
IMG_5070.JPEG

I tried multiple times to get a nice picture of these two on the "monorail" but was unsuccessful.
IMG_5071.JPEG

We headed straight to the ME.
IMG_5075.JPEG

No lines!!
IMG_5076.JPEG

As happy as I was to be there this was killing me....
IMG_5077.JPEG

We ended up on a cruise line bus.
IMG_5078.JPEG

And as soon as we got on J announces that he has to go to the bathroom. Since he was sitting with me I said I would help him. It was dark & I couldn't find the light switch to save my soul. It was too small for him to go & me stand in there with him so I stood with the door half propped open. Afterwards, a guy went to use it & he asked me where the light was. I told him good luck & if he found it to let me know where it was. He figured out that the door had to be closed & locked for the light to come on. As you can tell I don't have much experience with bus bathrooms!! BTW-I took this blurry pic to remind myself of the bathroom story.
IMG_5079.JPEG

The driver talked, & talked, & talked. About what I have no clue b/c we were in the back of the bus & he wasn't using a microphone so we couldn't hear a thing.
IMG_5080.JPEG

Super dark bus selfie!!
IMG_5081.JPEG

Laurenciaa

Oh she's well aware that the video is part of the TR!! Here's my issue--when she discovered what was going on she let out an expletive that I know would not be allowed on here!! I've taken to imovie & was able to "beep" over the part where she swore but if you read her lips it will be obvious what she said. Do you think that will be allowed on here? I would really hate not to be able to post it b/c it was pretty funny.
Can you, maybe blurr het mouth so the viewers can’t see what actually goes down? I don’t think it will be an issue because you beeped the words out :) #piratesdosweartoo!

Loco_driver

While we were at the airport R realized that he forgot his earbuds. I told him to buy them in one of the shops. He took one look at the price($50.00) & said he would do without. What that really meant was I was the one who would have to do without :rolleyes: Why do other peoples problems become mine?? I wouldn't have cared so much(actually I did b/c SVU was on) but he fell asleep almost immediately so there he was sleeping while I could have been using the earbuds!
1580155454441.jpeg
The guy in front of E looks like he’s gonna reach back and steal her drink or something. Kinda creepy.

Last edited:

MegRuss626

FRIDAY, JANUARY 17TH

J likes the window seat & since he wanted me to sit next to him I got the dreaded middle seat.
View attachment 444545

For anyone not familiar with Pittsburgh this is what it looks like more often than not. Overcast & gray.....
View attachment 444546

Some things never change....
View attachment 444547

J got a rainbow colored pencil & activity page when we were at the toy store so he was having fun watching the pencil write in all the different colors.
View attachment 444548

I needed a drink after trying to settle Family Feud. A few weeks before the trip I got Southwest drink coupons in the mail so it was free!!
View attachment 444549

View attachment 444550

I bought these while we were at the Sarris store.
View attachment 444551

J was more than happy to help eat them!! He & I also did the games in the activity book that my friend had given him.
View attachment 444552

I spied a Frito on the floor & it wasn't ours. Wonder how long that was there for?
View attachment 444553

As we were getting close to landing J said that he needed some gum for his ears. When he was ready to get rid of it he asked me where he should put it. I was trying to get in my bag & see what I had in there that I could put it in. Somehow as he was talking the gum fell out of his mouth. I'm busy trying to find it on the floor & was unsuccessful. Finally he says, "Just forget about it!!" o_O Not wanting to be like the Frito passenger I kept looking until I found it--stuck to his hand!!

During the flight there was a little boy in front of us at the window seat. For the whole flight(I kid you not) he kept opening & closing the blind. Let me rephrase that--he kept SLAMMING the blind!! It was so annoying. Every time he opened it we would get blinded by the light & every time he closed it I thought the plane was falling apart b/c he would close it so hard. It was so bad that J was even getting annoyed. J likes to watch the plane land so he opened the blind for that but once we landed he closed it & proclaimed, "I need some shade after this!!"🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 444554

Then came the biggest train wreck of all. We actually landed quite early. So early, in fact, that we couldn't go to the gate b/c there was another plane there that would be leaving shortly. After sitting for about 10 minutes the pilot announces that we're now heading to the gate & to remain seated. You know, there always has to be one in every bunch.... A woman decides to get up to go to the bathroom :facepalm::facepalm:
A flight attendant came on & told her to go back to her seat which she chose not to do. You might wonder what happens when their orders are disobeyed?? They pull the plane over!! I never knew that was such a thing. The pilot came on & said that no one was to be moving through the aircraft & as a result he had to pull the plane over!! Of course everyone was grumbling & I suggested to my family that we "boo" her as she was heading back to her seat. I still couldn't believe that happened!! No regard for anyone but herself!!

We had a lady that did that when we landed in 2018!!! We hadn’t even been sitting still like you...she just got up when we landed. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I know “when you gotta go” but can’t you at least wait 2 minutes until we park?

riverside

Original Poster
Can you, maybe blurr het mouth so the viewers can’t see what actually goes down? I don’t think it will be an issue because you beeped the words out :) #piratesdosweartoo!
I'm not sure I'm that talented but I will surely try!! I was surprised that I figured out how to do as much as I did!! I had asked R for help originally(keep in mind he has 3 masters degrees & 1 of them is in technology) & he told me that he didn't know what to do!!
The guy in front of E looks like he’s gonna reach back and steal her drink or something. Kinda creepy.
It so is!! I thought the same thing when I saw that. Hopefully, I just caught him at the wrong moment!!
We had a lady that did that when we landed in 2018!!! We hadn’t even been sitting still like you...she just got up when we landed. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I know “when you gotta go” but can’t you at least wait 2 minutes until we park?
Exactly!! People never cease to amaze me!!
source.gif

I'm late but definitely following along!
Not late at all!! Glad you're here!!
Following along! So impressed J was in on the secret and kept quiet!
Yay!! I was impressed with him also!! He was so proud of himself!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom