Trip Report Rise of the Popcorn Bucket

Hello everyone & a warm welcome to you!! As always, lots of fun was had on this trip with the star of the show(besides J, of course;)) being none other than E's nemesis, the popcorn bucket!! I'm super excited to share our adventures with you!!

WHO: I think you know us but.....myself-Patti, R(I think I've converted him to a full blown Disney fan even though he claims he likes coming for the restaurants), my sister E & my super fun, partner in crime(in more ways than one on this trip) J!!
IMG_5674.JPG

WHEN: Friday, January 17th - Monday, January 20th(gotta go around those darn school schedules when you have family in the education field)

WHERE(I hope you're sitting down for this one!): Art of Animationo_O
IMG_5785.jpeg

There was no room at the inn at Riverside so we decided to stay here b/c we thought J would really like the Cars suite. In the end we created a monster b/c he has now decided that AoA is his favorite!!

PREAMBLE
We last left off with JSR smuggling the popcorn buckets out of his house for me. BTW--J was in on this too & I was very proud of him for keeping it a secret for so long!!
IMG_5002.JPEG

They were heading to WDW with me!! Also, you may be wondering why there are two. You see, E's hatred for the popcorn bucket didn't just start on our trip in November. A few years ago she, JSR & J were on a Disney cruise & JSR bought the Santa Mickey bucket that you see there. She couldn't stand it back then on the cruise & her feelings really haven't changed. If anything, they've gotten worse!!
IMG_5025.JPEG

We had a 3:50 flight b/c someone(the guy in education) had a half day of school & didn't want to miss work. We met at E's at 12:30 & JSR drove us to the airport. I had went to work that morning & before I left I bought a case of water & put 12 in my suitcase. My boss was busy making fun of me for not buying it in Disney. I told him I had the space in my suitcase & these bottles were for the room. Why spend $3.50 per bottle when I could spend $4.99 for a case of Aquafina?? BTW--it was well worth it. We only had 2 bottles left at the end of the trip!!

Check out J's cute suitcase!!
IMG_5026.JPEG

He's ready to go!! J said that he wanted me to sit next to him in the car. On the way to the airport he told me that he wanted to sit next to me on the plane & the ME. I asked E why he wanted to be my BFF. She said she didn't know but earlier that day out of the blue he told her, "I really like Aunt Patti". I think he saw jelly beans in his future!!
IMG_5027.JPEG

We checked our bags in at curbside & the Southwest agent started humming The March of the First Order when he saw J's suitcase. It was cute. He also profoundly thanked us for the tips b/c he said that it had been a slow day.
IMG_5029.JPEG

J was excited to get on the "monorail". Even though R was still in his work clothes he was somewhat in Disney mode with the Star Wars tie he was wearing!!
IMG_5030.JPEG

We went to TGI Friday's for lunch. We got some kind of combo platter & shared everything. The potstickers & breadsticks were especially good!! That wine wasn't bad either!!;)
IMG_5031.JPEG

Meanwhile, J was enjoying the cheese sticks!!
IMG_5032.JPEG

Last edited:

LeighM

Following along! I've been away for months so I feel like I've missed a lot of Disney trip reporting. My husband and I have a tentative resort only trip planned for the end of April and I'm so excited to get a cheaper room at Riverside with the new discount they released. The first few days will be at AS Movies because I'm hoping to spend most of our time at Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon before switching to Riverside for the relaxing portion of the trip. But I might have to reschedule it all because my husband's work project was extended to after our trip :banghead: I scheduled our trip for that time bc it was scheduled to end in early April. That would happen after I found a great discounted rate at Riverside LOL.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’ve experienced a plane “pull over.” Pilots are VERY SERIOUS about passengers remaining in their seats as it is an FAA regulation. In my case it was a kid who unbuckled and began walking up the aisle. :banghead:
As they should be. It's a safety issue. And I could see the person that gets up when they're not supposed to getting hurt then suing the airline & the pilot getting in trouble.
Ooooooh Im late, but following along
Welcome!! Glad you're here!! :happy:
Just wondering if the kid's parents even noticed ... :p
Yeah, Mom got up after a flight attendant told her to retrieve her kid.
That's some fine parenting there....
These updates have me laughing out loud so much!!! I can just see and hear that kid slamming the window shade up and down the whole trip! 🤣 Your description of the whole gum incident was so funny too! Loving this TR!:)
It was driving me totally crazy esp. b/c I didn't have my earbuds in to drown out the noise(thanks R)!! I would have felt so guilty if I wouldn't have been able to find the gum. I never want to put somebody else out by having to clean up after me(in this case J) not to mention the fact that I'm an obsessive neat freak. Truthfully, having to look at that Frito on the floor drove me crazy. I wanted so bad to pick it up & throw it out but I thought about it & maybe there was a chance that it had been in someones mouth?? I manage a grocery store & I pick up things off the floor all the time & don't even get me started about when customers put things back in the wrong spot!! R thinks I'm crazy b/c if we're at Target & I see something in the wrong spot it is very normal for me to put it back where it belongs. He always tells me to stop b/c I don't work for them!!
Following along! I've been away for months so I feel like I've missed a lot of Disney trip reporting. My husband and I have a tentative resort only trip planned for the end of April and I'm so excited to get a cheaper room at Riverside with the new discount they released. The first few days will be at AS Movies because I'm hoping to spend most of our time at Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon before switching to Riverside for the relaxing portion of the trip. But I might have to reschedule it all because my husband's work project was extended to after our trip :banghead: I scheduled our trip for that time bc it was scheduled to end in early April. That would happen after I found a great discounted rate at Riverside LOL.
Glad you're back & I hope all is well with you!! A trip to Riverside--yay!! I hope you don't have to reschedule. Good discounts are few & far between!!
The anticipation is KILLING ME! How long until the bucket appears????

And seriously J is just the cutest! 😍
Early on day 2 so it will be soon--I promise!!

Thanks so much!!
Sorry about the difficult flight! I hope the next flight is easier! Who gets up when the plane STARTS MOVING again?? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Would you all stay in an AOA suite again?
Other than being delayed it was!! IMO--self centered individuals who only care about themselves!!

I would--if I had to:cautious: It's a very nice resort & when dividing the price between 3 of us it was very reasonable. It was perfect for J--he really enjoyed the Cars section. I just don't get the "feeling" that I get when I'm at Riverside.

Rista1313

I would--if I had to:cautious: It's a very nice resort & when dividing the price between 3 of us it was very reasonable. It was perfect for J--he really enjoyed the Cars section. I just don't get the "feeling" that I get when I'm at Riverside.

I felt the same way when we stayed at Movies and then moved back home to POP.... Sometimes I wonder if it is because when we went the first time in our adult lives, we stay at POP. Is Riverside the first place you ever stayed?

lindawdw

As they should be. It's a safety issue. And I could see the person that gets up when they're not supposed to getting hurt then suing the airline & the pilot getting in trouble.

Welcome!! Glad you're here!! :happy:

That's some fine parenting there....

It was driving me totally crazy esp. b/c I didn't have my earbuds in to drown out the noise(thanks R)!! I would have felt so guilty if I wouldn't have been able to find the gum. I never want to put somebody else out by having to clean up after me(in this case J) not to mention the fact that I'm an obsessive neat freak. Truthfully, having to look at that Frito on the floor drove me crazy. I wanted so bad to pick it up & throw it out but I thought about it & maybe there was a chance that it had been in someones mouth?? I manage a grocery store & I pick up things off the floor all the time & don't even get me started about when customers put things back in the wrong spot!! R thinks I'm crazy b/c if we're at Target & I see something in the wrong spot it is very normal for me to put it back where it belongs. He always tells me to stop b/c I don't work for them!!

Glad you're back & I hope all is well with you!! A trip to Riverside--yay!! I hope you don't have to reschedule. Good discounts are few & far between!!

Early on day 2 so it will be soon--I promise!!

Thanks so much!!

Other than being delayed it was!! IMO--self centered individuals who only care about themselves!!

I was complimented by our local supermarket worker last week for putting back some items in their proper place in the produce area because she very rarely sees people do that! I had gotten to the checkout line when I realized that I forgot to put my credit cards back into my wallet after a night out, and I only had $20 in my wallet which meant I had to be very selective about what I was actually going to be able to buy. I naturally wanted to put them back in their rightful place but the grocery worker was shocked that I would take the time to do that!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Late to the party, but I'm in :) And OMG, I want that Stormtrooper bag!!! It reminds me of the carry ons I got our girls back in 2013...except better!
Glad you're here!! Don't worry--I'm running behind with this TR!! It is really cute!! It actually belonged to one of my other nephews but he has outgrown it so J inherited it. He really likes it!!
Wow! I am SO late! I am looking forward to your fun adventures! Also, Friday's has THE best pot stickers! We used to have 3 locations here in Omaha, but now they are all closed. I was sad lol
Glad to have you!! They are really good!! We used to have quite a few here but not anymore. There's only 2. One is at the PPG Paints Arena(where the Pittsburgh Penguins play) so who wants to go there & fight those crowds. The other is the one inside the airport so the only time I can go there is when I'm flying.
I felt the same way when we stayed at Movies and then moved back home to POP.... Sometimes I wonder if it is because when we went the first time in our adult lives, we stay at POP. Is Riverside the first place you ever stayed?
Makes sense. Yes--Riverside is the first place I stayed. E & C(one of my other sisters) feel the same way about it. Shockingly, R actually said it during this trip also!!
I was complimented by our local supermarket worker last week for putting back some items in their proper place in the produce area because she very rarely sees people do that! I had gotten to the checkout line when I realized that I forgot to put my credit cards back into my wallet after a night out, and I only had $20 in my wallet which meant I had to be very selective about what I was actually going to be able to buy. I naturally wanted to put them back in their rightful place but the grocery worker was shocked that I would take the time to do that!
👏👏👏💜💜💜 I have worked at my job for 27 years & I don't think I've ever seen anybody do that!! That is awesome!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I would also have to say I agree with this theory!!

@riverside you're doing a very good job of keeping us all on the edge of our seats.
I'm so sorry!! I'm irritated that I haven't been more on the ball with this TR. I had something not so good happen at work Monday evening & my life has been turned upside down to say the least. I promise to do my best to start posting more. Heck--it's good for me too b/c it will take my mind off things, even if just for a little bit!!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I'm so sorry!! I'm irritated that I haven't been more on the ball with this TR. I had something not so good happen at work Monday evening & my life has been turned upside down to say the least. I promise to do my best to start posting more. Heck--it's good for me too b/c it will take my mind off things, even if just for a little bit!!
Yikes. So sorry. Please take your time. Real life comes first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom