RIP Robin Williams

MOXOMUMD

I came home from work last night and found out the news of his death from postings on Facebook. When I told my wife she said she already knew but didn't want to upset me by telling me. He was an incredible talent as so many others here have already stated. I ran across the following story a few minutes ago. I don't think it's been posted here yet. It may provide at least a little insight into part of Robin's state of mind in the last few months. It appears his hard work and genius paid for two incredibly expensive divorces that may have left him feeling financially insecure.

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertai...liams-hanged-himself-didnt-leave-suicide-note
TMZ was wrong in this article though. He did leave a note but they can't release any details.

jw24

The Genie was definitely one of the funniest Disney characters to ever exist. What Dan Castellaneta did as the Genie in the Aladdin TV series and Return of Jafar was acceptable, but it lacked authenticity and humor that Williams brought. What I found most remarkable was that most of Genie's lines were ad-libbed by Robin himself. But aside from that, I also remember seeing Jumanji, Hook and Mrs Doubtfire growing up and then Dead Poets Society and Patch Adams in school as a teen and now, I'll probably see many more of his films after his passing. Carpe diem. :cry::cry::cry:

neoshinok

What-Dreams-May-Come-poster.jpg

what+dreams+may+come.jpg

RobinPaint.jpg

NMBC1993

That is a very interesting article....

I can actually sympathize quite a bit. I myself, suffer from both ADHD and depression. Sometimes I find it very hard to get through life. My father disowned me for my love of Disney, calling me immature and saying a "normal child" doesn't act like I do. Because I wasn't out playing football or trying to hook up with every member of the cheer leading squad, I was considered a "failure" in his eyes. To him, I was a product created from his genes so he can pass "his" greatness on to the world once he dies. On the other end of the spectrum there was my mother, someone who hated living on planet Earth. Every other day I would be riding in the car, or playing with my toys in the living room and would hear my mother scream to the heavens "God, just take me off this planet! I don't want to be here anymore".

Fast forward to the last couple of years. I spent the last eight years working a dead-end job, hating every moment I spent in that post. Always struggling to keep a roof over my head as a college student. Maybe it was because of what my mother said all those years...but I started to think more and more that death is the greatest solution. No bills, no worries, no stress, just spend the rest of my days decomposing in the dirt. It's all that got me though life, just counting the days until I was put out of this misery. I imagine Robin Williams was going through something of the same. Looking at his declining bank account, two divorces, and now having to sell his soul to make ends meat? To me, it was the same as my job. Putting up with people you know your better than, just to pay the bills. It must have been tough.

To this day I sometimes do still think about death. Not as much as before, now that I have a new job and the proper treatment for my ADHD things are looking a tiny bit better. We truly lost one of the greats this week, he will be forever missed...

R.I.P Robin Williams, thanks for all the laughs!

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I remember him saying that he was having financial troubles. I wonder if there were a variety of factors. His career not being where he would have liked it (cancellation of Crazy Ones after one season), the financial troubles. Considering that reports said he was sleeping separately from his wife, I wonder if he was also having marital problems. Just quite a shame that he couldn't figure out how to get passed it.

Ariel1986

He has had and has spoken about his depression and dependency issues before, I don't think this is down to recent financial troubles. He was an incredibly talented and intelligent individual and unfortunately in life this sometimes comes hand in hand with inner conflict and demons. If anything I hope this helps some people to realise that depression is an illness that you can't even as one of the most funny, intelligent and well loved people in the world, just think positive and heal yourself.

Nemo14

Original Poster
I've been thinking about this a lot today after reading all the wonderful accolades that have been poured out over the past 24 hours. We all loved him and he touched so many of us with his amazing talents - he cheered us when we needed it and he brought us to tears over our common problems. I wonder if he realized how much we will miss him. Does it take death to make us realize the value of a life? How many other people in our lives don't know how very much we love them and appreciate them? Not necessarily celebrities, but all those people who touch us and enrich us in so many ways...

KentB3

Here is a list of my 5 favorite Robin Williams movies/TV shows/roles, not in any particular order (too hard to pick an all-time favorite!):

1.) Mork & Mindy (1978-82)
2.) Hook (1991)
3.) Aladdin (1992)
4.) Mrs. Doubtfile (1993)
5.) Good Will Hunting (1997)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom