RIP Robin Williams

neoshinok

from reddit by troperpropical

X8J4rHS.jpg

dave&di

Awakenings has me crying every time, I watched it again today and found it hard to watch, I was sobbing! I'm 37 and Robin Williams has always been present in my lifetime, don't think I'll attempt any more of his movies for a while, too difficult.

Apparently Robin wasn't happy with his fee from Aladdin, he apparently said the reason Mickey Mouse has 3 fingers is so he can't hold a cheque! :joyfull:

pumpkin7

You know, I've never been affected by a celebrity death before, but Robin's has hit me hard. I'm not sure why.
It may be because I didn't know he had depression, and it's just a massive shock. I grew up on Hook, Flubber, Jumanji, Toys. I just feel like I need to go and give him a big hug and tell him it'll be ok. I know that probably sounds really odd. I suppose it's like a lot of people, it's like part of our childhood has been taken away.
Also, I really wish they hadn't been so graphic with the details of his death during the report. Robin was obviously loved by millions of people, and it's hard to try and focus on the happier times when all they keep talking about is his death and how he went about it. At least he's at peace now I guess, though it doesn't make it any less of a shock. He made so many people happy over the years.
I think this weekend I'm just going to have to watch lots of happy films and shake myself out of it!

Goofyernmost

It was quoted that Robin, on the topic of suicide, once said... "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." I'm thinking that the diagnosis of Parkinson's turned it from a temporary problem to a permanent problem. How would he make his living, how would he fix his financial problems. He must have felt completely without hope. What a waste of a massive talent. Hope he has found peace.

Mike S

It was quoted that Robin, on the topic of suicide, once said... "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." I'm thinking that the diagnosis of Parkinson's turned it from a temporary problem to a permanent problem. How would he make his living, how would he fix his financial problems. He must have felt completely without hope. What a waste of a massive talent. Hope he has found peace.
If that's the case he probably should have talked with Michael J Fox who has been dealing with Parkinson's for quite some time. He could've lived with it.

Goofyernmost

If that's the case he probably should have talked with Michael J Fox who has been dealing with Parkinson's for quite some time. He could've lived with it.
Michael didn't have the problems with substance abuse and two major divorces that cost him all he had. I'm sure the MJF is in a much better financial place then RW. Even MJF has had trouble with his career. His exposure has been very limited and the expectations of the public are considerably different. MJF isn't expected to be funny every minute of the day. There is a good chance that he didn't want to be an object of pity and curiosity. Michael never really lived in the fast lane. His adjustment is quite different.

What I am saying is very much Robins own fault, but that doesn't change the fact that it was very real and not fixable at that point. Oh, and lets not forget the heart condition. Things could not have looked very bright.

Mike S

Michael didn't have the problems with substance abuse and two major divorces that cost him all he had. I'm sure the MJF is in a much better financial place then RW. Even MJF has had trouble with his career. His exposure has been very limited and the expectations of the public are considerably different. MJF isn't expected to be funny every minute of the day. There is a good chance that he didn't want to be an object of pity and curiosity. Michael never really lived in the fast lane. His adjustment is quite different.

What I am saying is very much Robins own fault, but that doesn't change the fact that it was very real and not fixable at that point. Oh, and lets not forget the heart condition. Things could not have looked very bright.
I get that the situations are different. I just wish he chose another option than the one he did :(

Goofyernmost

I get that the situations are different. I just wish he chose another option than the one he did :(
I so very much agree! But, he didn't! I have never been one to justify suicide. I've always thought of it as a cowards way out. However, in this case, my heart is leading my head and I am trying to find a way to justify it to myself. Not that it really matters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom